Sign in to follow this  
Haggerdoo

Sergi Canos

Brentford had made no secret of the fact they''d like him back, so that''s not really ''new''. From reading reports at Liverpool''s end, he had stalled a bit on the Bristol thing as thought we''d be coming in and were more likely to be challenging for promotion; you''d hope we could pull it off if we do really have a proper interest in him

I know it''s far from completed but Bristol City fans can''t seem to work out why a player might choose Norwich over them. They said Norwich are more than a yoyo club, whereas they are a big club with potential.

Canos was a sub more than a starter at Brentford, I do wonder if Norwich see him as a Redmond replacement, or another young player to develop.

If Norwich really are going for Gudmundsson then Canos might not be the Redmond replacement. It could be Bristol City promise to make him a first team regular and give him wages to match that.

Absolutely, Bethnal - it is a case of looking at the bigger picture for both him and us; should we not get the guy it may be more to promises made or him being not a main target etc, yet we will get endless moaning from the usual suspects. It''s certainly better to do business on the quiet, so that you can pursue your targets properly. Gudmundsson and Canos seem to play fairly similar roles, so we''d not necessarily want both.

[quote user="Feedthewolf"][quote user="alartz"][quote user="Haggerdoo"][quote user="alartz"]Who?

If he was any good he wouldn''t be leaving Liverpool for peanuts.[/quote]Try getting your head out of your whinging @rse once in a while - nothing the club does is ever good enough for you[/quote]

You name me something good in recent months. You can''t.

Run by clueless clowns with no football knowledge at all.[/quote]That bit where you didn''t post for a couple of weeks was good.Something good: the board having faith in Alex Neil. Signing an experienced first-team coach to replace Gary Holt. Signing James Maddison (being tracked by Arsenal) in January. Offering Wes a contract extension. Keeping hold of Timm Klose (although I''m sure in your mind he''s already left the club for ''peanuts''). Retaining Category One academy status for the next three years.I could name plenty of bad things too, but then that''s because I have a balanced opinion and don''t sh*t my adult nappy every time anything happens. You should genuinely have a go at thinking positive thoughts once in a while, you might find your life is less appalling.[/quote]

Lol the academy like anyone is interested in that.

Alex Neil being backed another lol. Proves how clueless the board are.

Empty wallet = mid table or worse

I''m interested in the academy.
But then again, i''m a Norwich fan so I can see where we differ slightly.

[quote user="alartz"]Lol the academy like anyone is interested in that.[/quote]You''re not interested in our club''s academy? You''re even more retarded than I thought.Although, that said, at least you''re smart enough not to accept my bet and lose £20.

Feedthewolf wrote the following post at 05/07/2016 6:55 PM:

alartz wrote:

Lol the academy like anyone is interested in that.

You''re not interested in our club''s academy? You''re even more retarded than I thought.

Although, that said, at least you''re smart enough not to accept my bet and lose £20.

I''d say it''s more to do with the fact he doesn''t have the £20 to put forward. Just like the poor club he really follows down the road.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]Canos was a sub more than a starter at Brentford, I do wonder if Norwich see him as a Redmond replacement, or another young player to develop.

If Norwich really are going for Gudmundsson then Canos might not be the Redmond replacement. It could be Bristol City promise to make him a first team regular and give him wages to match that.[/quote]

If Brady leaves then Canos and Gudmundsson could both start fairly regularly. We''d have those two, Jarvis and probably Josh Murphy fighting for those wide spots.

[quote user="Feedthewolf"][quote user="alartz"]Lol the academy like anyone is interested in that.[/quote]You''re not interested in our club''s academy? You''re even more retarded than I thought.Although, that said, at least you''re smart enough not to accept my bet and lose £20.[/quote]

🎣🎣🎣🎣 s**t bants

Your name is embarrassing. I can''t take you seriously.

The academy is full of London boys that have failed at the top teams. We take them on over our own homegrown just because they''ve been at Chelsea or Tottenham. System is wrong

The recruitment consultancy company received a lot of negativity when they were first brought in to look after transfers.

Results are staggering.

The recruitment company = Canos and Gudmundsson

AN = Naismith

It pays to bring in professionals !

@six pack

So that''s two players we haven''t actually signed yet or seen play for us then. And apparently the company that we hired exclusively to help us SELL players will be responsible for these deals. And AN will have had nothing to do with them. But he negotiated the Naismith deal.

Righto.

[quote user="morty"]So you''re not taking the bet then.....[/quote]
I think everyone needs to refer to him as No-Balls-Alartz going forwards.
It''s the only fair, right and decent thing to do.
Oh yeah, by the way No-Balls-Alarts - you''re a joke to every single person on this forum. Enjoy that.

[quote user="norfolkngood"]I Think its more to do with our scouting being upgraded since last season why we are unearthing these players[/quote]

Last season we scouted and signed Maddison from Coventry, is that any different from this potential signing?

I do feel it is a Canos or Gudmundsson situation rather than both of them.

They are quite similar players, both like to start on the right wing and come inside, neither are the type of winger who will blast past an opponent with pace or dribble their way past a defender too often. They both have good set piece delivery and will hit in early crosses though and both do a lot of work tracking back and pressing players.

I kind of agree with Bethnal on this, its likely one or the other, City really should go in positively for one, in my mind Canos preferably, the guy clearly stalled going to Bristol a week ago when he caught wind of  interest from City. If its  just Bristol and Brentford competing with us, i feel we have a better chance signing Canos, as i think Gudmonsson''s been more in the shop window at the Euros and likely interested rich Champs sides or even low to mid Prem sides.

My Charlton supporting work colleague is gutted by the idea of Gudmundson going so I''m taking that as a positive in his favour. Canas is a bit more unproven.

If we could sign them both and somehow ship Jarvis out that would be amazing!

Alartz certainly loves using the term ''lol'', that much is for sure. Also, never heard him/her say anything remotely positive about Norwich City, ever. He/she is probably teething, hence why he/she always seems a bit ratty. Maybe needs to be burped. One of the two.

Surely it''s now or never for Jarvis to show he can produce on a regular basis.

[quote user="alartz"]

🎣🎣🎣🎣 s**t bants

Your name is embarrassing. I can''t take you seriously.[/quote]I am a bit embarrassed by my name, but I joined at the time when the Big Bad Wolf was all over the club shop and was looking forward to seeing the biggest signing in our club''s history. I could have changed my name at any point to something more suitable, but I''d rather keep it now as a constant reminder of how spending a sh*t ton of money on players doesn''t automatically equal success.And please don''t ever take me seriously. I don''t think I could handle you actually having something serious to say.

I know that Jarvis has hardly set the world alight after a good start but he has always been solid and done the team role well.

Hmm. His tracking back isn''t always that great.

And he ruins so many good attacking situations with poor control.