Sign in to follow this  
Haggerdoo

Sergi Canos

I don''t know much about him but I''ve seen Clough a few times and thought he looked good. A quick glance at the Bristol city forums looks like they''re pretty pee''d off that we''ve come in late and see Clough as an inferior alternative, they probably saw more of the Championship last year than most of us did so that''s a good sign imo. Sounds at least like he could be a decent replacement for Redmond

Good find, Lessingham - he looks really talented. Hope this happens!

I saw him several times at Brentford last season and he looked decent (they also had a guy called Hogan who started scoring for fun at the end of the season); they wanted to try to keep him, which says a fair bit. iMO we could do a lot worse than look at Jake Bidwell from the Bees as well.

He played well, and for a near-full season, for the side finishing 9th in the Champs last season - that you''ve never heard of him is your problem not anyone else''s. Liverpool has plenty of decent youngsters worth poaching.

Like the look of this lad, bit rough round the edges but at only 19 years old you can see he''s got great technique as you''d expect for a lad from the famous Barcelona academy.

Video of him here from 3 years ago at Barcelona aged 16 - what I like about this video is that it''s not a segment of just the good stuff, some things he tries don''t always work out so its a bit more real, but you will get the gist. Should this move come off, he looks a real talent for not only the future but next season in a league where he did excellently at just 17/18 years old. Fingers crossed!.

https://youtu.be/Vqk_K3D_Hpw

(Sorry, don''t know how to link properly!)

[quote user="alartz"]Who?

If he was any good he wouldn''t be leaving Liverpool for peanuts.[/quote]Try getting your head out of your whinging @rse once in a while - nothing the club does is ever good enough for you

was it canos who was looking for a wage outside of liverpools structure and soured his chances of staying there?

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]was it canos who was looking for a wage outside of liverpools structure and soured his chances of staying there?[/quote]Yes apparently was asking for £10k per week

[quote user="Haggerdoo"][quote user="alartz"]Who?

If he was any good he wouldn''t be leaving Liverpool for peanuts.[/quote]Try getting your head out of your whinging @rse once in a while - nothing the club does is ever good enough for you[/quote]

You name me something good in recent months. You can''t.

Run by clueless clowns with no football knowledge at all.

[quote user="alartz"][quote user="Haggerdoo"][quote user="alartz"]Who?

If he was any good he wouldn''t be leaving Liverpool for peanuts.[/quote]Try getting your head out of your whinging @rse once in a while - nothing the club does is ever good enough for you[/quote]

You name me something good in recent months. You can''t.

Run by clueless clowns with no football knowledge at all.[/quote]That bit where you didn''t post for a couple of weeks was good.Something good: the board having faith in Alex Neil. Signing an experienced first-team coach to replace Gary Holt. Signing James Maddison (being tracked by Arsenal) in January. Offering Wes a contract extension. Keeping hold of Timm Klose (although I''m sure in your mind he''s already left the club for ''peanuts''). Retaining Category One academy status for the next three years.I could name plenty of bad things too, but then that''s because I have a balanced opinion and don''t sh*t my adult nappy every time anything happens. You should genuinely have a go at thinking positive thoughts once in a while, you might find your life is less appalling.

[quote user="WesHoolahansDefendant"]I think you need a coffee mate[/quote]
Much rather he went for a pint of Arsenic.

WesHoolahan''sDefendant"]I think you need a coffee mate

And thanks to our new sponsorship with The Galway Roast when you''re at Carrow Rd you''ll be able to get a great cup of coffee. I''m putting that in the ''good'' column.

This looks a promising piece of business.

Canos earned huge respect from the Brentford fans last season, and Redmond''s development at Carrow Road had stagnated.

This podcast is worth listening to in regard to Brentford. Their former Head of Analytics talks about Canos and his time at the club - very positive about the player and his attitude.

http://statsbomb.com/2016/07/rumour-has-it-statsbomb-transfers-podcast-2/

The rumour this morning in West London is that Brentford are also about to make a move for Canos...

I''m sure Brentford will want him back, just a matter of who values him to most and who will give him the most in wages.

Bristol City seem to be pretty well funded these days so wouldn''t be surprised if they offer him a significant wage.

Still a long way to go in this one I feel.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]I''m sure Brentford will want him back, just a matter of who values him to most and who will give him the most in wages.

Bristol City seem to be pretty well funded these days so wouldn''t be surprised if they offer him a significant wage.

Still a long way to go in this one I feel.[/quote]Surely we would be well-positioned to nail this one? Bearing in mind he is a direct replacement for a player we have just sold for £10m+ who would no doubt have been on a decent top-flight salary? Guess it depends to what extent he is loyal to Brentford after his loan spell there...