Sign in to follow this  
fetchyafathersgun

Britt Assombalonga

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]If, as is rumoured, we have put in a bid, how can you say we are ''umming'' and ''ahhing'' about it? And in any case, would we not be somewhat sensible to be sure about a £multi-million deal? Unlike some, we don''t have limitless pots to gamble with.

Some people seem to be rather detached from what these figures actually are, bandying £7m here and £10m there as if it is nothing - in the real world it is a heck of a lot.[/quote]By '' umming '' and '' ahhing '' I mean that if we have put in a bid and Forest come back asking for more that''s what we''ll do. We seem unwilling to part with any decent money for a proven player until it''s too late. Yes, we don''t have limitless pots to spend but we''re a solvent outfit with Premier League parachute money to come so £7m to £10m ought to be within our range. Unfortunately when it comes to ambition it''s been pretty absent in the nigh on 50 years that I''ve taken an interest and I don''t see that changing any time soon.

[quote user="......and Smith must score."]...in the nigh on 50 years that I''ve been whinging and I don''t see that changing any time soon.[/quote]Just thought I''d correct that for you Smithy. [:D]

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="......and Smith must score."]...in the nigh on 50 years that I''ve been whinging and I don''t see that changing any time soon.[/quote]Just thought I''d correct that for you Smithy. [:D][/quote]I''m not having that Lapps........ I''ve been whinging far longer.You''ll be hearing from my lawyers in due course [;)]

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]The club broke it''s transfer record twice in one window 6 months ago...[/quote]Can''t argue that that''s true and viewed in isolation it looks pretty impressive.Sadly the gloss is taken off slightly when it''s pointed out that it was only done in desperation to try to save our Premier League skins following the abject failure to secure adequate reinforcements in the summer window following last season''s promotion.

Being reported bids been rejected so over to you Norwich make them an offer they cannot refuse or move on to the next target , times getting short though .

That''s the spirit Smiffy! It''s just typical Norwich!! If we''d broken the transfer record properly the first time we wouldn''t have needed to break it again....

I''d love this one to happen. If he''s injury free I''m very confident he''d score lots of goals for us. His record for Forest is pretty impressive considering they''re only a mid table side. Fairly you g too so time to develop and hit his peak with us.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]That''s the spirit Smiffy! It''s just typical Norwich!! If we''d broken the transfer record properly the first time we wouldn''t have needed to break it again....[/quote]You said it.I think they need brains like ours in that Boardroom don''t you Nutty ? [:D]

I don''t get why "the Brady saga" is looked on so negatively. We negotiated a good price of around £6/7m for a decent player who we now look likely to sell for double that a year later.

Assombalonga is just the type of striker we need to be looking to buy, a poacher but with pace and strength. With his career to date and the nature of his long term injury I think £7m is a very good opening bid. Let''s remember he only has one season in the championship with a goalscoring record about the same as Hooper. With the pace and potential he has at this level I can see why they would reject it as a first bid but we have to start somewhere and I don''t think they will get too much more for him if they do sell.

Dead Canary you are bang on the money, £7m is a great opening bid, enough to get his agent and NFFC talking, might end up paying a bit more, probably linked to appearances, just need to let this one pan out, shows what sort of player the club is looking for and that is encouraging, imo

The football correspondent for the Nottingham Post has said on twitter that Norwich as yet have not made any kind of bid for Assombalonga. So it remains to be seen whether there is any genuine interest on our part.

£7 million would be a decent opening offer for a player who basically snapped his kneecap in half just over a year ago. I think a bid in the region of about £9/10 million will be ultimately what is required. That seems to be the going rate for a top striker at this level now.

"I don''t get why "the Brady saga" is looked on so negatively. We negotiated a good price of around £6/7m for a decent player who we now look likely to sell for double that a year later."

Quite.

Also, I didn''t get why Alex Bruce got so much stick on here for simply protecting his own interests.

In the event his Hull got promotion so I suppose he had the last laugh, but he must be affording himself a wry smile at the fact that we are now putting a price tag of £15m+ on the player.

Is AN not acting in exactly the same manner as Bruce did?

"Has Alex Bruce got a new job?"

No, but Steve Neil might need one if we are floundering ten games into the season.

£1 increments are quite a lot for NCFC. We don''t usually jump that quickly lol

All enouraging going for Assom & Mccormack. Hope one comes off. What if we''re after BOTH!

Wallet mathematics barely add up to one of them, never mind both!

I hope this comes off though, his surname rhymes with "conga" which could make for an amusing song for away days

Or on the other hand, the rumour of Mccormack could be a smoke screen to force Forest into some action over Assombalonga.