Sign in to follow this  
fetchyafathersgun

Britt Assombalonga

We have apparantly put in a 7m big for Britt Assombalonga, source forest journalist on twitter.Would be what we need but dont think we would get him for less then £10m with the price of transfers at the moment

[quote user="fetchyafathersgun"]We have apparantly put in a 7m big for Britt Assombalonga, source forest journalist on twitter.Would be what we need but dont think we would get him for less then £10m with the price of transfers at the moment[/quote]

We''d get some of the extra back from the additional revenue generated from all the letters required on the back of his shirt.

Mind you, didn''t work out too well with RVW.

Assuming he is properly fit, yeah would be very interested in this.

Mind you, it''s a lot of money, what with, well you know...

I was searching under the ncfc tag (as a lot of us are doing every 30 mins lol) his post now seems to have been taken down, but there is a post someone else has left in response to that still left there saying..7m for Assombalonga. He has the best goal to game ratio in the league. Pretty sure a 1 was missing. I am assuming ruddy and brady are going from the starting 11 and then a load of dross. So after Canos, I think we need 2 new strikers (to replace mbokani bamford and poss lafferty), a new keeper (irish guy coming?), a new CB and I would be quite happy.

Okay, there was some fake rumour started in June also that Norwich were going to sign him.

I''d put this down to a continuation of that. It''s a big price tag, but seems about right (maybe a little under value) considering Andre Gray was £6m last season, Jordan Rhodes was £9m and McCormack was £11m.

Proven Championship strikers are going to cost around the £10m mark this window, long gone are the days you could snip a teams best striker for a couple of million,

[quote user="morty"]Assuming he is properly fit, yeah would be very interested in this.

Mind you, it''s a lot of money, what with, well you know...[/quote]

Careful now...

Would love to see him at Norwich but only if fit. Shelling out 7m on a lad that broke his kneecap and hasn''t played in over a year is a huge risk.

Took him just 18 days after being out for 14 months to score his first goal back. That''s pretty good isn''t it? He hasn''t exactly shown any sign of not regaining his form.

please let this be trueweve been crying out for this sort of player since holt left, hes got power and pace, can do a job on the right as welladd nahki wells and well have 30 + goals just from those two

Imagine if we have Kodija and Britt up front for the whole season..

Think it''s not the form forest fans are worried about, think they are worried he may keep getting injured

[quote user="morty"]Imagine the comedy name pronunciation on Canary call.

Osama donger wonga.[/quote]
Yeah, but wasss he dorn in trainen?!

I''m not criticising his ability, Darth, well aware how good he is. More concerned he''d be able to play 90 minutes week-in, week-out for us.

I agree Iwan, I hope his injury isn''t going to be a recurring thing (not quite sure what the injury was) but after a couple months training I''m sure he''d able to do it. My comments of regaining his form were more in the direction if morty.

Broken knee cap. Was out for 14 months (early 2015 - April 2016) According to my sources (bbc & eh ... Wiki) he came back into the forest 1st team mid April and made 4 substitute appearances in Forest''s last 4 games - 1st game Sub in last minute or so of injury time; 2nd game - 84th minute sub; 3rd and 4th game - 25 minute sub appearances. 1 Goal - coming in the last game v mk dons.

I''m sure his medical would focus on his knee and whether any damage is likely to cause on going concerns, any doubts and I''m sure we wont sign him.

Good news is that we are looking him, imo would be a great signing.

This isn''t another James Vaughn, Britt doesn''t have an injury record, in fact 2015 seems to be his only major injury and has since got back into the Forrest team and scored. To be honest he is the striker which I would''ve chosen to buy this summer but I never imagined we would actually go for him, personally I would be delighted if we signed him.

I have no idea whether it is true or not, but now would be the time for Norwich to go for him.

Premier League clubs would surely be interested in signing him were it not for the question mark over his injury. Norwich could steal a march on everyone and take a risk that he won''t have any repeats or it hasn''t weakened what was a great player.

There were a lot of rumours he had a big falling out with the club last season, although this might have been related to the manager who has now gone, but it could point to an unhappy player. Forest seem to have some cash problems so might find a big wad of cash hard to turn down. You would expect the final price to be north of £7m though.

Having said all that, it could just be The Sun using their random rumour generator again, and this is the story that popped out - to be never seen again.

Quality striker. Like Grabban type forward but with a much better finish which as we know, would suit AN''s system like a glove. I''ve wanted him since we went down last time so I hope this comes off

[quote user="morty"]Assuming he is properly fit, yeah would be very interested in this.

Mind you, it''s a lot of money, what with, well you know...[/quote]Still £4 million change from the sale of Redmond so the selling before you can buy theory is alive and kicking. Mind you i see my thread has been lost in translation as not buying anybody at all. Let''s not facts about what was said get in the way of a tiresome agenda.