Sign in to follow this  
Duncan Edwards

Ricky. This is "his" year, right?

[quote user="Leedscanary"]Much in agreement with curious here - the Bamford comparison is a good one.

Why spend money on a precocious talent when we already have one that given a run in the team could be beneficial[/quote]Have you been drinking gravy again ? [:(]

Loads of irony on here, I hope, but seriesly sometimes you just have to put your hands up, accept you fucked up, and move on.

He''s still a Norwich City football player and until Alex Neil decides otherwise I would still like for RVW to come good even if his past 3 seasons have been tripe!

However unlikely it is, him remarkably coming good really would be the best outcome.

[quote user="morty"]However unlikely it is, him remarkably coming good really would be the best outcome.[/quote]
Spot on.
I''ve stated repeatably that I think there''s little chance of RVW coming good or even playing for us again but I would be delighted if he did come good.

Thing is, that''s almost irrelevant as i''ve not come across a single Norwich fan that doesn''t want him to come good, just those that think there''s no hope in hell of that happening.

[quote user="king canary"]''Not brilliant but not the disaster that some people are claiming.'' I really don''t understand how you can look at this and say that. He was our record signing. He was bought to be our main striker. He scored 1 goal and had no assists. He''s since been loaned out twice and failed to make an impact at either club and we''ve been unable to sell him. He''s been a total disaster. If Ipswich had signed a player like this we''d be pissing ourselves laughing.[/quote]

From NCFC 1 Chelsea 3 - Oct 2013

But the hosts were deservedly level when Van Wolfswinkel cushioned a header from Martin Olsson''s cross into the path of Pilkington, who nodded in from barely six yards.

Isn''t that an assist?

Not so, there are plenty who are saying " just get rid".

I would rather see 5 or 6 goals than just paying his contract up.

[quote user="morty"]Not so, there are plenty who are saying " just get rid".

I would rather see 5 or 6 goals than just paying his contract up.[/quote]
But that''s not saying they don''t want him to become good if the manager decides to keep him. That''s just saying they don''t believe (like myself) he will come good so if we can offload his wages elsewhere it''s a big chunk to go towards somebody else.

It goes without say that we all wish him to (inexplicably) ''come good.'' There are over eight million resaons why we should.

Besides, we have all invested a lot of prayer time and probably too much imagination longing for this outcome.

The thing is we have a young promising striker in Carlton Morris (now 21) who is due a chance or two sooner rather than later.

I wouldn''t want to think that continued perseverance with RVW inhibits the progress of any of our youngsters in any way.

Ideally we would be looking at getting two new strikers in so with these two vying for the fourth place it is a role I would see more fitting for the youngster.

Unless, that is, our Ricki has metamorphosd into a footballer during his spells away from Carrow Road.

Would love to be a fly on the wall at Colney and see what AN''s seeing - I get the impression RvW is going to stay this season, i just wonder if AN''s seen a change or similar, something that makes him think Ricky may finally come good in the yellow and green.

I don''t know if this has been mentioned or not but his agent is here at the moment. Hopefully they will get him out of the club.

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]IThe thing is we have a young promising striker in Carlton Morris (now 21) who is due a chance or two sooner rather than later.[/quote]Whilst there may well be potential there, Morris is nowhere near being ready for the Championshiop, never mind the Prem assuming we go straight back up.At least RvW has shown proven goalscoring ability in the past (even if he''s been pretty poor the past 2-3 seasons for numerous reasons), whereas Morris is struggling to prove he has it at all...