Sign in to follow this  
TIL 1010

Twentys Plenty And What It Means To Us.

There was a lot of tub thumping and back slapping from a certain quarter when it was announced a few months back that The Premier League were to set a ceiling for the next three seasons of £30 for away tickets.This has obviously not filtered down to the lower leagues with only a handful of exceptions,Reading being the most prominent who have announced a price of £20 for away fans for this forthcoming season.I note on another thread that Sheff Wed are charging £42 for Villa fans on their opening day fixture which i fear could be a sign of the times for also us and Newcastle where Championship clubs see the relegated sides as the big boys coming to town so to speak and the opportunity to make a fast buck with a large travelling support. Can you see The Scum letting us have tickets for £20 ?Interesting to see that we ourselves are charging Sheff Wed fans £35 for a fixture that is an awkward kick off time and also on the TV.Reading and the odd one or two will be £20 but i predict the vast majority will be above that price.

There''s a huge difference in TV revenue and prize funds in the 2 leagues tho. That''s why the prem should rightly have a cap.

Unfortunately the"twentys plenty'' campaign is flawed, 20mph outside a school may sound very worthy in the council chambers but it''s far too fast when kids leaving school and far too slow at 3am.

It just doesn''t work.

😁

Exactly, it''s a different world.  For lower league clubs, ticket prices are an essential source of revenue but if they over egg them, they will see attendances drop.

If you''re going to top class live entertainment of any type - sports or music - you''re going to pay a lot more than £20 for a ticket.

Agree ICF.

Still the thread was a useful vehicle for having a wee dig at the supporters trust.

👍

Kindly stay on topic and take your argumentative whining elsewhere but while you are here what exactly had the Supporters Trust got to do with it when the campaign was run by the Football Supporters Federation and all the surrounding publicity can be found on their website where i researched before starting the thread after reading about Villa being charged £42 ?

[quote user="morty"]So who was the certain quarter tub thumping and back slapping then?[/quote]I did not realise you were the spokesmen for the Supporters Trust but as you are obviously as usual seeking an argument rather than add something of substance to the thread try reading this......http://www.fsf.org.uk/latest-news/view/premier-league-announce-cap-away-tickets-at-30

No you are not right unless you can find reference to the Supporters Trust in that link ? FSF all the way through from start to finish but hey if your head says you are right so be it as we don''t want to get anything in the way of an agenda.You know it''s at times like this i wish LDC was around more and Mrs.Miggins made a comeback. [:P]

[quote user="Midlands Yellow"]But Til take it as a compliment ! Now LCD is off limits you are Morty''s new target to abuse.[/quote][:D]

Its like a small child poking at something with a stick. When it bikes back its fun but when there is no response he''ll move off to something else.

Takes some restraint I''ll grant but LCD managed it.

Looks like somebody has got hold of entirely the wrong end of that stick you mention Hairy but then again there are none so blind as those that will not see.