Sign in to follow this  
Move Klose

Vs Posh

City XI for first hour: Ruddy; Ramsay, Bennett, Klose, Efete; Mulumbu, Dorrans; Andreu, van Wolfswinkel, Jo. Murphy; Naismith.

City XI for second hour: Rudd; Godfrey, Turner, Bassong, Toffolo; Thompson, Tettey; Ja. Murphy, Maddison, Cantwell; Jerome.

No Martin, Whittaker, Howson, Jarvis, Canos or the boys from euros.

Few people saying on twitter this morning that Martin having a medical at Brighton today. Hmm maybe.

Not surprised re boys who played at Euro''s, assuming Jarvis and Whits are injured, Howson still has a virus, and Canos is probably tying up loose ends in England after a busy week before joining the rest of the squad in Austria.

Good point Broadstairs - where is Vadis? Saw him have not one of his best games away at Bournemouth last season, but I can live with that as overall I think he has pedigree quality in his locker, I really do, just wish we could keep him away from the physios table and see more of his undoubted ability.

Re Vadis - sad news if true, know what that feels like, best wishes to the chap.

RvW has started very lively indeed - really hope the bloke gets on the scoresheet today, it''ll do him wonders.

Having watched both games on Posh''s Player, the first was much tighter. RvW had a good header deflected wide by the keeper and there were some good chances before Josh slipped through and chipped the advancing keeper for an excellent goal. Naismith was the hub as he found space and exploited it well with some excellent passing. Mulumbu was also very lively going box to box and Klose and Bennett looked solid in defence. Josh was the pick of the younger players but Effete looked good at LB as well.

The second game was more upbeat as City dominated from the start. It was my first glimpse of Maddison and I was impressed. He was poised and provided the hub for attacks, but it took some time for him to link-up effectively with Jerome. In the end, it was Jacob who did that and it was his shot that the keeper could only parry and Jerome pounced on it to score. Jacob then provided an excellent curling cross that Jerome was only inches away from at the far post. To top it off, Jacob scored the final goal with an excellent header from Maddison''s corner. Turner and Bassong were solid in defence and Tettey and Thompson paired up well in front of them. Toffolo should have had a penalty when he was shoved from behind when clean through on the keeper.

Three goals by the three J''s (Josh, Jerome and Jacob), clean sheets for Ruddy and Rudd, and some promising performances from the young guns. Good stuff indeed.

[quote user="Yelloow Since 72"]Having watched both games on Posh''s Player, the first was much tighter. RvW had a good header deflected wide by the keeper and there were some good chances before Josh slipped through and chipped the advancing keeper for an excellent goal. Naismith was the hub as he found space and exploited it well with some excellent passing. Mulumbu was also very lively going box to box and Klose and Bennett looked solid in defence. Josh was the pick of the younger players but Effete looked good at LB as well.

The second game was more upbeat as City dominated from the start. It was my first glimpse of Maddison and I was impressed. He was poised and provided the hub for attacks, but it took some time for him to link-up effectively with Jerome. In the end, it was Jacob who did that and it was his shot that the keeper could only parry and Jerome pounced on it to score. Jacob then provided an excellent curling cross that Jerome was only inches away from at the far post. To top it off, Jacob scored the final goal with an excellent header from Maddison''s corner. Turner and Bassong were solid in defence and Tettey and Thompson paired up well in front of them. Toffolo should have had a penalty when he was shoved from behind when clean through on the keeper.

Three goals by the three J''s (Josh, Jerome and Jacob), clean sheets for Ruddy and Rudd, and some promising performances from the young guns. Good stuff indeed.[/quote]Thanks for that [Y]

I went to this match today and my thoughts are that in the first half (60), the stand out players were Josh, Mulumbu and Naismith. However Andreu stood out mainly because he was particularly bad, though that is the first time i''ve seen him play. The second half I thought Maddison was looking lively along with Jacob, our midfield was solid as Peterborough hardly tested us during the 60 minutes. We mainly looked vulnerable in the wider areas, though that was to be expected as we weren''t playing experienced players in those positions. Saying that I thought Godfey looked pretty solid, quite an imposing stature and physique for his age. All in all it was a typical pre-season performance with the odd moments of quality from the canaries.

a bit late but just back to Bulgaria...

was on the game too!

for me despite looking lovely the grass was a bit dry and high so this make the ball move so slow.

Result is not so fair as we looked a bit heavy who is normal at this stage.

Im shocked from Andreu.As he looked as ex player not like pro.

Ricky tried but lack of confidence make him loosed 2-3 great chances and i not have big hopes for him with this mood.He not exchange enough with Naismith for 60 min and look frustrated at times.

From top performers I see Tettey for sure .He was so good and motivated in this game show class against Posh is not much but still show good mood.

Aslo twin Murphy''s have very good game imo.

have more expectations from Maddison but Cantwell make really good game very good technically work hard with ball.

Overall we badly need new number 9 and with around 8 players missed this game we have enough quality to progress if motivation and positive mood is here .

[quote user="Boris"]a bit late but just back to Bulgaria...

was on the game too!

for me despite looking lovely the grass was a bit dry and high so this make the ball move so slow.

Result is not so fair as we looked a bit heavy who is normal at this stage.

Im shocked from Andreu.As he looked as ex player not like pro.

Ricky tried but lack of confidence make him loosed 2-3 great chances and i not have big hopes for him with this mood.He not exchange enough with Naismith for 60 min and look frustrated at times.

From top performers I see Tettey for sure .He was so good and motivated in this game show class against Posh is not much but still show good mood.

Aslo twin Murphy''s have very good game imo.

have more expectations from Maddison but Cantwell make really good game very good technically work hard with ball.

Overall we badly need new number 9 and with around 8 players missed this game we have enough quality to progress if motivation and positive mood is here .[/quote]

Completely agree with this about the grass, looked lovely but was long and ''spongy'' and the ball didn''t move quickly which made a dull friendly even duller...