Sign in to follow this  
morty

Closed season so far....

All seems to be going remarkably well so far. We punted Redmond on for a price we all seemed happy with, we got a new coach that people were pleased with, two new kits that are lovely, and we have signed an exciting young player.

Oh and we have a screen that will obstruct at least some of the hotel people hate.

Really quite difficult to find anything to moan about so far....

Very true Mark, but as sure as night follows day....

Regardless, everything to feel positive about this upcoming season, and despite being a happy clapper, I genuinely mean that mate 👍

Let O''Neil go, who plays in an area we''re overstocked and only played because Tettey was injured. Replaced Redmond with a player who''s slightly better than he was at age 19. Klose, Naismith and Pinto appear to be staying, three players who are almost laughably too good for this league. Brady will either help fire us back to the Pl or fetch 15m+. He''d be as out of this league as Klose is.

Jerome who had to play backup to Grabban and still scored 20 goals last time in this league is here, fit and ready to go. Olsson, Tettey, Howson and Hoolahan appear to be staying etc.

A CB, backup DM and a couple of strikers and we''ll be a real force to be reckoned with. No more signings or departures and we''d still be in pretty good shape!

Oh and they opened a new 3g pitch at Colney today, so looks like improvements are ongoing.

[quote user="morty"]All seems to be going remarkably well so far. We punted Redmond on for a price we all seemed happy with, we got a new coach that people were pleased with, two new kits that are lovely, and we have signed an exciting young player.

Oh and we have a screen that will obstruct at least some of the hotel people hate.

Really quite difficult to find anything to moan about so far....[/quote]You forgot, club''s in crisis![;)]

For me it''s all about getting a new striker in, signing Jerome on an extended contract got us half way there but we need another decent striker.  The others (CB, DM) are nice to have rather than essential.

Also this assumes Klose stays - at the end of last season I assumed he''d go, and it''s too early to be complacent but I''m starting to hope he''ll stay.

Spot on, Bob - couldn''t agree more. Love to see new faces at Carrow Rd but this year I think it''s more about who we keep rather than who we sign. I know some supporters need their new toys but we certainly don''t need a huge overhaul this summer - if we keep the obvious key players etc, I think we just need to have a look at the striker situation and that''s it imho.

This feel good factor is all gathering pace without the need to pay what some said was '' the going rate '' of £1million plus to a CEO. I suppose the only fingerprint from the past in all this is the improvements taking place at Colney. I shall have a cracking view of the new big screen from my seat as a bonus.Also just a reminder that the wallet still has £8.5million in it. [:D]

Well that makes anyone who implied the wallet was empty look pretty stupid.....

[quote user="morty"]Well that makes anyone who implied the wallet was empty look pretty stupid.....[/quote]What part of it being empty and would only have money in it to spend if we sold first are you struggling to grasp from that thread ? Do you go out of your way to be awkward or just it just come naturally and oh by the way my £8.5 million mention was lighthearted but then again that also appears beyond your remit on here.

[quote user="morty"]What was the title of your thread again?[/quote]I know i will be jumped on straight away but i was told yesterday

from a source VERY well connected inside the club that we gambled all

our available money in the January window on signings, fees and wages in

an attempt to stay up and that there is no money whatsover to spend

this summer until we sell.
There you go Morty so i assume you grasped the fact that by talking about signings,fees and wages it was in respect of the playing budget ? Improvements at Colney were mentioned at the last AGM by McNally so had plainly been planned for before the big spend in January which is a totally different money pot entirely. New kits are not a financial issue as we have one every single year and that is an income stream and therefore not an outgoing financial burden. The purchase of Canos came about because of the Redmond sale which just leaves the TV screen which i am sure will be sponsored unless you think otherwise ?So yes at the end of January the wallet WAS empty.

Bump your thread if you want to discuss it, and stop derailing this one with your bleating.

morty wrote the following post at 15/07/2016 5:17 PM:

Oh and they opened a new 3g pitch at Colney today, so looks like improvements are ongoing.

Why not 4g?

Still no decent striker on the books ,  getting two top ones in is whats going to make or break the season .

[quote user="morty"]Bump your thread if you want to discuss it, and stop derailing this one with your bleating.[/quote]I posted a positive light hearted comment and the only bleating i have seen is from you.

Reason we got relegated Centre Backs who could not defend and Centre forwards who could not score

What''s changed still have Turner Bassong Martin

Seems like everyone thinks because we are in TC its just a matter of turning up and we''ll have no trouble finishing in the top 3

So, anyway, back on topic...

All going pretty well so far, despite people trying to predict doom and gloom.

Who is saying that Daly?

What has changed is that we are in a lower standard league, and with maybe a few additions we have a very good squad at this level.

We bought a fantastic player in klose in January, and although we''ll never know, had he not got injured it could have made the difference. Jerome will score at this level, and as long as we can offload at least lafferty, we will buy another proven striker at this level.

Morty

You obviously love your football so you must agree not much difference between the top 8 to 10 in the Championship and the bottom 6 to 8 in The Premiership.

My point its not going to be all honey in TC

Daly, I would have agreed with that maybe 5 years ago, but definitely not now. The three that have come down are all favourites to go straight back up, even our meagre budget coupled with the parachute payments is a massive advantage.

That coupled with the fact that we see relegation as a possibility means we tailor players contracts accordingly, meaning there doesn''t need to be a fire sale.

No, nothing is certain, but we are in a very good position.

Second behind Newcastle.

They are spending some serious money, they should walk this league.

But you just never know, they seem to be buying Premiership price / standard players, and Rafa has never managed at this level, so they may get it completely wrong.

Their squad lacked heart and togetherness last season, they need to establish that, and quick.

Difficult to say. We were relegated last August through the fiasco of that window. Unless we get new strikers in we haven''t the goals to be promoted. We''ll know where we''ll finish in September. Based on the squad at the moment around mid table. All is not quite lost yet, quite.