Sign in to follow this  
lappinitup

Players out

If Brady goes, I''d want a replacement capable of playing on the left wing. I know Brady flittered between LW and LB but with Jarvis out for maybe 2.5 months of the season coupled with Redmonds departure, losing almost 3 senior pros in the wide areas would leave me a little concerned - we''d be banking on the Murphy twins and Canos all remaining fit and in form, which I think maybe a little bit of a gamble for a club that should be very much in the mix for automatic promotion back to the Premier League next May.

[quote user="Alex "]If Brady goes, I''d want a replacement capable of playing on the left wing. I know Brady flittered between LW and LB but with Jarvis out for maybe 2.5 months of the season coupled with Redmonds departure, losing almost 3 senior pros in the wide areas would leave me a little concerned - we''d be banking on the Murphy twins and Canos all remaining fit and in form, which I think maybe a little bit of a gamble for a club that should be very much in the mix for automatic promotion back to the Premier League next May.[/quote]I have been thinking about this Robbie Brady thing, and I am starting to question, in my head, really just how good he is, and how much is hype from the Euros.And really, where would you put him in the Premiership, is he really good enough for a side with top 4 or 6 aspirations? He was good for us last year, and also not so good at times.Don''t get me wrong, I''d love him to stay.

He didn''t have a great 2nd half of the season for us. Think he may of got substituted a couple of times at half time towards the end of the season because he was playing pretty poor.

Think before the euros we wouldve took £10m. The euros has boosted his value probably up to £15m.

[quote user="Move Klose"]He didn''t have a great 2nd half of the season for us. Think he may of got substituted a couple of times at half time towards the end of the season because he was playing pretty poor.

Think before the euros we wouldve took £10m. The euros has boosted his value probably up to £15m.[/quote]Yeah those figures aren''t probably far off, but I suspect, as you point out, the Euros has boosted them a bit.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Alex "]If Brady goes, I''d want a replacement capable of playing on the left wing. I know Brady flittered between LW and LB but with Jarvis out for maybe 2.5 months of the season coupled with Redmonds departure, losing almost 3 senior pros in the wide areas would leave me a little concerned - we''d be banking on the Murphy twins and Canos all remaining fit and in form, which I think maybe a little bit of a gamble for a club that should be very much in the mix for automatic promotion back to the Premier League next May.[/quote]I have been thinking about this Robbie Brady thing, and I am starting to question, in my head, really just how good he is, and how much is hype from the Euros.And really, where would you put him in the Premiership, is he really good enough for a side with top 4 or 6 aspirations? He was good for us last year, and also not so good at times.Don''t get me wrong, I''d love him to stay.[/quote]

In all honesty mate (and apologies for the horrendous quoting), weirdly I''d feel equally happy with either scenario - would be delighted if we kept him but say if Leicester etc offered us £20mil then I would take that too. One things for sure, I don''t think anyone feeling the same will be disappointed as we really do look in a win win situation regarding Brady 👍

[quote user="Alex "][quote user="morty"][quote user="Alex "]If Brady goes, I''d want a replacement capable of playing on the left wing. I know Brady flittered between LW and LB but with Jarvis out for maybe 2.5 months of the season coupled with Redmonds departure, losing almost 3 senior pros in the wide areas would leave me a little concerned - we''d be banking on the Murphy twins and Canos all remaining fit and in form, which I think maybe a little bit of a gamble for a club that should be very much in the mix for automatic promotion back to the Premier League next May.[/quote]I have been thinking about this Robbie Brady thing, and I am starting to question, in my head, really just how good he is, and how much is hype from the Euros.And really, where would you put him in the Premiership, is he really good enough for a side with top 4 or 6 aspirations? He was good for us last year, and also not so good at times.Don''t get me wrong, I''d love him to stay.[/quote]

In all honesty mate (and apologies for the horrendous quoting), weirdly I''d feel equally happy with either scenario - would be delighted if we kept him but say if Leicester etc offered us £20mil then I would take that too. One things for sure, I don''t think anyone feeling the same will be disappointed as we really do look in a win win situation regarding Brady 👍[/quote]Oh agree, its win, win. But I am starting to question if he really is a 20 million pound player good enough for a side that won the league?I guess it matters not, if they are willing to pay that, thats what he''s worth.

At times he looks the part, others not so much. I really rate him though bud, and he''s likely to be fantastic in the Champs this season so would much rather keep him but that said - £20million, that''d look good in our spacious wallet, and would definitely more than provide funds for a replacement. First choice would be to keep, but at least if we end up selling none of us are likely to feel robbed 👍

Do we know how long we have Wes for currently? Is his contract up next summer, or do we have him for another 2 seasons in total? Thought he''d signed an extension not so long back.

On another note, I see AN has said that ''almost most'' of the players with one year remaining are looking to or are happy to secure their futures with us beyond next summer. Now I find that somewhat confusing as surely ''almost most'' means to me about ''half'' as its not quite the majority?! Wonder what he meant by that, and who wants to stay, and who wants to leave?

[quote user="Alex "]Do we know how long we have Wes for currently? Is his contract up next summer, or do we have him for another 2 seasons in total? Thought he''d signed an extension not so long back.

On another note, I see AN has said that ''almost most'' of the players with one year remaining are looking to or are happy to secure their futures with us beyond next summer. Now I find that somewhat confusing as surely ''almost most'' means to me about ''half'' as its not quite the majority?! Wonder what he meant by that, and who wants to stay, and who wants to leave?[/quote]For me he finds himself in a good situation, and who gets a contract very much depends on how the season goes. Its obvious that if we get promoted that a lot of them will go. And if not then a lot of them will be deemed "good enough" for another Championship season.

Wes has one year left if promoted thanks and goodbye if still Champs extend and give Wes deserved testimonial.

Re Bassong, I have been lucky enough to speak to a couple of coaches (not managers, coaches) of teams who have played against us. Both independently said that when assessing our strengths and weaknesses they specifically targeted Bassong as they felt he is prone to errors. We''ve seen this to be true. While we may not be able to afford another Klose I cannot fathom why we would stick with a player of proven inconsistency and at worst a potential match loser.