Sign in to follow this  
Barking Mad Barclay Boy

A few things

1. RVW has had plenty of chances and every time he has failed this wont be "his season" the last few attempts haven''t been "his season" either, i bet if he had a name like Jon Smith everyone would have given up on him long ago.........................

2. Offload Lafferty or release by mutual consent its bonkers we even still have him on our books...................

3. Canos looks a very exciting prospect

4. Do i buy the home or away kit?................

5. Mcgovern to come in to replace Ruddy which i am happy with.......................

6. Rumours of Hanley, Mcormack & assombolonga , i''d take all 3 of those as i feel they are players that will improve our squad................

7. being in the championship doesn''t automatically mean all the youngsters with potential will start playing you''ll possibly see 1 or 2 make cameo appearances here and there.........................

8.Roll on the start of the season these friendlies are too mickey mouse ( probably like my post )

[quote user="Barking Mad Barclay Boy"]1. RVW has had plenty of chances and every time he has failed this wont be "his season" the last few attempts haven''t been "his season" either, i bet if he had a name like Jon Smith everyone would have given up on him long ago.........................

2. Offload Lafferty or release by mutual consent its bonkers we even still have him on our books...................

3. Canos looks a very exciting prospect

4. Do i buy the home or away kit?................

5. Mcgovern to come in to replace Ruddy which i am happy with.......................

6. Rumours of Hanley, Mcormack & assombolonga , i''d take all 3 of those as i feel they are players that will improve our squad................

7. being in the championship doesn''t automatically mean all the youngsters with potential will start playing you''ll possibly see 1 or 2 make cameo appearances here and there.........................

8.Roll on the start of the season these friendlies are too mickey mouse ( probably like my post )[/quote]

1.  Disagree. Could still do well imo.2.  Disagree. Has ability if harnessed well. 3.  Agree.4.  Both.5.  Not happy, but ok with.6.  Could take them or leave them.7.  Disagree.  Now is the time to get them involved.8.  Partly agree - pre-season is interesting.

1. Agree

2. Agree

3. Agree

4. Up to you, both?! I personally like the white training shirt

5. Slightly agree, just worry he''s only played SPL

6. Agree, heard a few bad things about Hanley from Blackburn fans though

7. Definitely Agree. People have been talking like our whole team will be our youth players. You don''t want this, you need experienced, hardened Championship players forming your spine, with the odd one or two youth players used a sub trying to impress, to then break into the starting XI.

8. And finally agree, people read too much into friendlies too. The year Newcastle walked the Championship, they got spanked 6-1 by Leyton Orient in a pre season friendly.

1. I''m sure the club would if they had a buyer

2. Could still be a squad player, why pay out his contract when we''re already short in that area?

3. Yea agreed

4. Away kit

5. How many times you seen McGovern play?

6. Absolutely all 3 would beyond our wildest dreams lol

7. Yea, alex neil will know if they''re good enough for a side pushing promotion, most won''t be yet.

8. Roll on roll on

1. Agree. He''s had three seasons to prove he''s a decent player. And he''s failed miserably each time. Waste of wages.

2. Disagree. His club record is poor. Could hardly get a look in at Birmingham on loan. AN doesn''t rate him either. Another waste of wages.

3. Agree. Could be better than Redmond. Looking forward to seeing him play.

4. If you like them both and can afford buy both. Good kits this year.

5. If McGovern joins it''ll be the end of Ruddy. Maybe now is the right time for a parting of the ways.

6. Out of the three I''d take Assombolonga.

7. I think we''ll see two or three at most as regulars. Maddison looks the best prospect of the three and really looking forward to seeing him in action. Not convinced by the Murphy boys myself.

8. Yep, itching for season''s start now. Nota fan of pre-season at all.

LDC did you watch the Peterborough friendly? Nothing''s changed with RVW. He was played in once with a superb through ball and he hit a tame weak shot straight into the 39yo goalkeeper''s midriff, he miscontrolled plenty of times, every pass he played bobbled along the ground because he scuffs hitting the ball so often. through balls were attempted but he was outmuscled by half fit league one defenders (Peterborogh have never been a physical team either btw) etc

I don''t think he wants to succeed here, if he did he would have worked on bulking himself up and trained night and day to bring himself up to the standard required in this country, he''s had 3 years now and hasn''t improved his game at all.

He strikes me as a player who developed early, stood out as a youth then stopped trying to improve because he thought he''d made it after scoring shed loads in leagues that haven''t ever heard of defensive organisation and don''t defend in shapes like we do here.

He might stick around to play the same role Hooper did the year before the last, but I''d be surprised if he makes any kind of impact

[quote user="Ricky Spanish"]LDC did you watch the Peterborough friendly? Nothing''s changed with RVW. He was played in once with a superb through ball and he hit a tame weak shot straight into the 39yo goalkeeper''s midriff, he miscontrolled plenty of times, every pass he played bobbled along the ground because he scuffs hitting the ball so often. through balls were attempted but he was outmuscled by half fit league one defenders (Peterborogh have never been a physical team either btw) etc

I don''t think he wants to succeed here, if he did he would have worked on bulking himself up and trained night and day to bring himself up to the standard required in this country, he''s had 3 years now and hasn''t improved his game at all.

He strikes me as a player who developed early, stood out as a youth then stopped trying to improve because he thought he''d made it after scoring shed loads in leagues that haven''t ever heard of defensive organisation and don''t defend in shapes like we do here.

He might stick around to play the same role Hooper did the year before the last, but I''d be surprised if he makes any kind of impact[/quote]
Cheers Ricky, I didn''t watch the Peterborough friendly but others told me much the same about RvW, seeing you''ve said the same thing is probably a suggestion it''s true.
It''s frustrating he can''t at least look half decent so we can flog him off to some poor unsuspecting club. One player who gets it way too easy from our fans all the time - despite the fact he''s cost us millions in transfer fee''s and wages, refused to go back to his parent club based on wages, done naff all on loan for 2 seasons and still looks like he has the upper body strength of an 8 year old girl.

1. Agree completely, he''s terrible.2. Would probably cost a bit to buy out but agree, if we sign 2 forwards he can go.3. Yup4. Away5. Will probably be second choice. Hopefully puts more positive pressure on Ruddy than Rudd has managed.6. Would rather we signed Quagliarella7. Depends on how we''re doing but I think there will be lots more oppertunities than there have been in recent seasons.8. Yeah, can''t wait.

1. Agree - it''s the hope that kills you :-)

2. Sign alternatives first, but be surprised if he ever made the 1st team again.

3. I''ll wait til I see him play

4. Away kit looks great, home if you are a traditionalist.

5. I think Rudd will leave

6. Can''t say I''ve too much of a view on the other players, but we certainly need to improve in those areas.

7. Agree, but it will be nice to say them play and improve our team (hope again)

8. Yes - roll on my admission fees are about to treble

With regards the first two neither is, IMO, good enough to be in the starting line-up of a side presumably chasing promotion at the first bounce.

Neither are they particularly valuable as number threes in the strike-force of such a side.

One of them at a push, I suppose, given the finances of it all and the fact that they (RVW in particular) is hanging on to his contract to the bitter end and nobody seems to want either.

I had anticipated that KL would have been sold by now, either to a lower Chumps outfit or to some side east of the Bosporous, but nothing happens.

As for giving RVW yet another chance, dur! How much more damage is this loser going to be allowed to do to the Club before his dwindling band of supporters are able to see what Alex Neil saw straight away ie. that he has nothing to offer his team or aspirations?

I''d settle for a couple of hundred thousand for the pair now in realisation that the greatest gain would be cutting the wages commitment.

BUT, if either of them were to, by some fluke or need, be given starting places at any point next season then we can say goodbye to promotion.

That would be one weak toothless forward line incapable of making much impression upon an increasingly strong league.

Basically what you are saying is that you would prefer players from any other team but ours and are happy for us to spend ridiculous amounts of money on strikers when this has never worked for us. How long before you are desperate to get rid of the new striker?

You would prefer a 32 year goalie released by a Scottish team to our England international.

I thought this was a supporters forum.

[quote user="curious yellow"]Basically what you are saying is that you would prefer players from any other team but ours and are happy for us to spend ridiculous amounts of money on strikers when this has never worked for us. How long before you are desperate to get rid of the new striker?

You would prefer a 32 year goalie released by a Scottish team to our England international.

I thought this was a supporters forum.[/quote]

why wouldnt you want new strikers when your current ones under perform, thank god your not the manager we''d be in the bloomin conference!!

england international hahah give over.... hes been so inconsistent! yeah its a supporters forum not every player is your best mate forum

Probably best to find out why they are not performing before wasting money on somebody who is going to do the same

No aspirations on being a manager, I am a supporter, which involves getting behind the players and motivating them to do their best for the club.

Bit different from putting on the shirt and thinking you''re the manager. So if you think all our players are that bad you would be best to buy the blue shirt.

They arent performing at this level because they are not good enough, i dont know if you can understand probably not. but if a player isnt good enough for the team your not supposed to just hang on to them as it would be mean to let them go this is professional football not a sunday league club with your minions. Ive supported The 2 players mentioned plenty of times, they arent good enough for this club time for them to move on.

1. Agree

2. Agree but can someone explain how this works - I thought cancelling by mutual consent meant player agrees to just that - if the club had to pay up what was left to run of the contract, would seem pointless letting them go even if they werent playing? Plus side for player of cancelling is then the fact they are free to sign a deal elsewhere without the need for a transfer fee so if they have other options available, everyones then happy. Im guessing KL probably doesnt have other options available.

3. Agree

4. Away

5. Not knowingly seen McG play a league game tbh, and the euros can make average players look amazing over a few games [Robson-Kanu] so Im not sure how much I agree with that!

6. All three and we''d be straight up. One might be realistic, in which case Assombolonga for me

7. Agree. But Jarvis injury has possibly just increased the Murphy''s chances quite dramatically.

8. Agree. Managed to finally persuade myself not to bother with either of the main friendlies this year after reading too much into them in the past [remember watching RVW & Hooper at Brighton a couple years back and getting excited!], though I''ll prob change my mind at the last minute!

As far as RVW and Lafferty are concerned i really would like a pint of whatever Lakey is on. [:^)]

[quote user="TIL 1010"]As far as RVW and Lafferty are concerned i really would like a pint of whatever Lakey is on. [:^)][/quote]I think the sun''s got him Til.[;)]