Sign in to follow this  
TIL 1010

O.T. Respect For Ronaldo.

22 hrs ·

Cristiano

Ronaldo has donated his EURO 2016 bonus amount (€275k ) to a kids

cancer foundation. He did the same with Champions League bonus. ‪#‎RESPECT‬

I read a report some months ago about a family trying to raise £50k for an operation for their seriously ill child and they wrote to Ronaldo asking for a signed shirt to help with fundraising and were staggered to receive a cheque for the full £50K.

Top Man.

Not only did he pay the £50k for the operation, he paid the regular medical bills associated with the recovery.

Not sure if it is still the case, but certainly a couple of years back no sportsman or woman in the world donated more money to good causes than Ronaldo.

Compare that to the tax dodging Messi...

Didn''t he shave his hair for the Euros in support of a child with cancer too?

As much as we love to hate Ronaldo, actions speak louder than words and he seems to do a whole lot more for the disadvantaged than some other footballers do.

I''ve held him in high regard for a long time. Yeah he might be a bit of a drama queen on the pitch but there''s no doubt he''s a good man.

And one of the best footballers any of us will ever see play.

Respect indeed. But if he carries on like that his wallet will be empty...

Watch the Ronaldo documentary film, it''s on Netflix and you will see the real him. Behind the ego there''s quite a generous side to him.

Agreed, respect to the man, and he doesn''t make a song or dance about it, I can live with his big earnings and egotistical behaviour on the pitch, because of these gestures, # big star # big heart

[quote user="GJP"]I''ve held him in high regard for a long time. Yeah he might be a bit of a drama queen on the pitch but there''s no doubt he''s a good man.

And one of the best footballers any of us will ever see play.[/quote]
This.

[quote user="Ian"]Didn''t he shave his hair for the Euros in support of a child with cancer too?

As much as we love to hate Ronaldo, actions speak louder than words and he seems to do a whole lot more for the disadvantaged than some other footballers do.[/quote]

I heard he had a back sack and crack to show support.

Seriously though great gestures

Makes me laugh when Twitter ''experts'' and the like are mocking him and having a laugh when he''s having a bad game. The truth is he''s simply one of the greatest footballers of all time.

[quote user="morty"]I still can''t forgive him for getting Beckham sent off.[/quote]It was Rooney not Beckham.

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="morty"]I still can''t forgive him for getting Beckham sent off.[/quote]It was Rooney not Beckham.[/quote][:D] Correct, my mistake, I am jetlagged.Point being they were friends, you don''t $hit on friends like that, do you?