Sign in to follow this  
bringbackchippy

Elliot Bennett

Didn''t he get the real bad injury in the Everton game, which was first game of the season. That one certainly put him out for an entire season pretty much and was the one that seemed to pretty much end his Norwich career.

For me, Bennett''s best game was under Lambert when Norwich played Swansea. Lambert moved him central and he pressed the Swansea centre backs all game giving them no time on the ball. He looked great that day.

Yes, it was the first game of our relegation season (3rd season in the PL). Had forgotten about the Swansea game.

I thought he more than held his own in the 1st PL season. Another game that stood out for me was at the beginning of February at home to Bolton. Both CBs - Whitbread and Ward - had gone off in the 1st half with injuries. Naughton moved from RB to CB and Martin came on to partner Naughton. Bennett either switched to or came on at RB. I thought he was outstanding that day along with the whole team (we were all but safe with over 1/ 3 of the season left). I have to admit, (cough, cough!) up until the day he left (3 years and 3 managers later), I was among those convinced he could become our regular right-back (cough,cough). So little do I know. Great performance against Everton. Very unlucky with the injury, and think he served us well, all said and done.

I would be delighted if he went to Ipswich on the basis that I would be highly deflated if he re-signed for us.

Let''s get our priorities right. "Mind the gap."

He had his moments, but we have long since moved on from the Elliot Bennetts of the game, through Snoddy, Redmond and now Canos.

Good team man, good man, but would be of little obvious use in our quest for a quick return.

Looks like a swap is on the cards, Blackburn want to recover the 250k they paid for him so Ipswich have allegedly offered their CB Tommy Smith, which won''t please their fans.

Lots of threads on twtd page 2