Sign in to follow this  
lappinitup

Jake Kean hits out

Jake Kean has criticised Wednesday’s Championship rivals Norwich City, accusing them of signing him “under false pretenses”.

Kean, snapped up by the Owls on a free transfer on Monday, told The

Star: “I went to Norwich but kind of under false pretenses. I thought I

was in with more of a shot of playing than I was.

“It was clear

from a couple of days of being there that John [Ruddy] was the number

one and I wasn’t going to get a fair crack at it. It’s why I took the

opportunity to go out on loan and get games.

“I don’t think I was given the chance to show what I can do at Norwich.

“I

never argued with the manager and we didn’t dislike each other but he

had his mind made up that John was his number one. Obviously he put Dec

[Rudd] in the team for a spell and then he reverted back to John.”

Or perhaps you just weren''t good enough Jake......

I''m sorry but if you couldn''t get into the managers thoughts ahead of Rudd and Ruddy last season you''re probably not going to make it in the Championship.

I''ve got a friend who supports Yeovil and he said Kean was absolute rubbish when he was there and couldn''t believe we had signed him!

I can''t see him getting any game time at Sheffield Wednesday, Westwood is miles ahead of him!

It''s not exactly ''hitting out'' to be fair. Perhaps he thought he''d have more of a chance, but would have to be a little deluded to think he''d displace JR or be higher in the pecking order than Declan - he wasn''t playing at Blackburn and we were in the PL, ffs. I doubt he is in with much of a shout at the Owls, either.

Saw him play a few times in various u21/development games and he''s looked really poor. The likes of Ben Kilip and Remi Matthews have stood out far more than Kean.

If he''s in goal when we play Sheff Wednesday then I certainly won''t be disappointed. Even the Wolf might score a few past him!

Truly awful keeper when I saw him for the 21s. Look equally bad when I saw him for Blackburn.

Maybe that has something to do with him not being picked, instead of AN having favourites.

What a melt. At least him and Hooper can reminisce in the showers whilst gently tugging each other off.

Jake Kean can’t be that bright can he?

Making the same mistake twice in joining a club where there an established No1 who has played international football.

I reckon at the start of the season, all 3 keepers were told to show why they should be the man starting between the sticks.

Unfortunately for Jake Kean, he has fallen foul of that most unfair of conditions; being the worst of the three. Gotta feel for the guy.

I watched him play for the U21''s and thought he was awful. This wasn''t long after he signed, so before he might have given up on first team football. Every "save" he made he looked like he was trying to catch a bar of soap, and he just generally wasn''t much good. If he was, we wouldn''t be letting him go for free to get him off our wage bill...

Saw him several times for the under 21''s and was always left wondering how he ever made it as a professional footballer, if he ever plays (which I doubt) next season it will only be a good thing for us

Him and Hooper can get together and form a Sheffield-based City Rejects support group; although Hooper may scoff all the biscuits if Kean''s not quick...

Apples

It''s hardly "hitting out" is it? He''s saying he went there thinking he''d play and didn''t get the opportunity. Doesn''t really seem unreasonable to me.

Probably the most pointless signing the club has ever made tbh. He was nowhere near good enough when we signed him, we didn''t need him, and he took up a space in the 25-man squad that could have gone to an outfield player with a young ''keeper on the rare occasions we needed a 3rd ''keeper. Pretty sure he''ll spend all season keeping the bench warm for Wednesday too as he''s not good enough for them either...

[quote user="First Wazzock"]Delusions of grandeur comes to mind...[/quote]Delusions of adequacy I think you mean! [;)]

Had an email from an Owls supporting friend this morning, who was at their pre-season friendly against Benfica last night with Kean in goal.

"We looked pretty good apart from a dodgy goalie that Norwich have foisted on us – Jake Kean – who looked and played like someone we’d borrowed from a pub team"

It''ll be interesting to follow his meteoric rise to world superstardom now he''s left us and his shackles have been cast off.

Apples