Sign in to follow this  
pete

Wolves sold for £45m

So the 5 Birmingham and portsmouths?

Brum appear stable now and have a good young manager in rowett. They are also on the verge of being taken over again....but yeung was a corrupt individual.

And to keep it balanced what are the good takeovers? Because not all are bad.

[quote user="can u sit down please"]So the 5 Birmingham and portsmouths?

Brum appear stable now and have a good young manager in rowett. They are also on the verge of being taken over again....but yeung was a corrupt individual.

And to keep it balanced what are the good takeovers? Because not all are bad.[/quote]Leeds, Ipswich, Villa? Every Newcastle fan I know hates their owner.No one is saying they are all bad at all. But, and this isn''t just to illustrate my point, I genuinely believe theres more bad / mediocre than good. You would have to point at Leicester and Man City as being stand outs.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="can u sit down please"]So the 5 Birmingham and portsmouths?

And to keep it balanced what are the good takeovers? Because not all are bad.[/quote]Leeds, Ipswich, Villa? Every Newcastle fan I know hates their owner.No one is saying they are all bad at all. But, and this isn''t just to illustrate my point, I genuinely believe theres more bad / mediocre than good. You would have to point at Leicester and Man City as being stand outs.[/quote]

I''ll play the game too if I may? My criteria is clubs who have regressed since being taken over (and I won''t even mention Yeung at Birmingham seeing as the Chinese are taking over in October, apparently).

Villa

Man Utd (I''m prepared to argue this one)

Newcastle

Sunderland

Blackburn

Blackpool

Bolton - I know they got bought but they were by the end the English version of Gretna.

Cardiff

Charlton

Fulham

Hull - Up for sale I know but the name change thing alienated most of football and most Hull fans.

Ipswich - Stagnation is regression.

Leeds

Forrest

QPR

I may late draw up a list of positive ''investors.'' And I use the word investors rather than owner because everyone bandies about the word investor because let''s face it we are highly unlikely to get a rich sugar daddy (or mummy) that is a lifelong Norwich fan who is willingly to throw his money away.

Here is the Top 5 richest people in East anglia look who is No3 !

maybe we should give old Kirsten a ring ? Based in Newmarket maybe a city Fan ?

1. Kirsten Rausing (inheritance, investment) – 15 – £3,900m (£3,900m)

2. The Earl of Iveagh and the Guinness family (brewing, property) – =87 – £850m (£850m)

3. Marcus Evans (business services) 135 £625m (£625m)

4. Mike Lynch (software) 184= £480m (£396m)

5. David and Richard Thompson (food, horseracing) – 195 – £460m (£460m)

[quote user="SwindonCanary"]Does anyone know how many clubs are owned by foreigners ?[/quote]Careful.Does it matter?

[quote user="morty"][quote user="can u sit down please"]So the 5 Birmingham and portsmouths?

And to keep it balanced what are the good takeovers? Because not all are bad.[/quote]Leeds, Ipswich, Villa? Every Newcastle fan I know hates their owner.No one is saying they are all bad at all. But, and this isn''t just to illustrate my point, I genuinely believe theres more bad / mediocre than good. You would have to point at Leicester and Man City as being stand outs.[/quote]

Don''t forget that Man City had the disasterous Taksin Shinawatra take over before the Emaraties came in.

No quality player would chose to play in the championship.

Like us, they must look for bargains and developing young players.

More likely to attract people only interested in the money.

None of the Wolves fans I know are happy about this.

[quote user="The Walking Man "][quote user="morty"][quote user="can u sit down please"]So the 5 Birmingham and portsmouths?

I''ll play the game too if I may? My criteria is clubs who have regressed since being taken over (and I won''t even mention Yeung at Birmingham seeing as the Chinese are taking over in October, apparently).

Villa

Man Utd (I''m prepared to argue this one)

Newcastle

Sunderland

Blackburn

Blackpool

Bolton - I know they got bought but they were by the end the English version of Gretna.

Cardiff

Charlton

Fulham

Hull - Up for sale I know but the name change thing alienated most of football and most Hull fans.

Ipswich - Stagnation is regression.

Leeds

Forrest

QPR

I may late draw up a list of positive ''investors.'' And I use the word investors rather than owner because everyone bandies about the word investor because let''s face it we are highly unlikely to get a rich sugar daddy (or mummy) that is a lifelong Norwich fan who is willingly to throw his money away.[/quote]

And Darlington.

CUSDP, 44 clubs have richer owners than us. Only 15 of them will be anywhere near estabished in the PL. The rest are competing to get there/stay there. What are you hoping for? And what are the odds of the gamble?

Loads of you have metioned this gamble but what do you see the club gambling with?

There will naturally be more bad investors than good, as the bad ones tend to disappear quite quickly and therefore need to be replaced. The good ones stick around.

The stand out investor has to be at Southampton. Put a lot of money in and rebuilt the club, but also never ran it like a personal fiefdom. Leicester are a funny one as they made a ton of dodgy decisions but then suddenly won the Premier League - I''m not sure how much of that was down to them or despite them.

I was lead to believe by loads of people that Ed Balls has many mega rich contacts and would be good for some investment when Delia appointed him! Not seen anything from him other than fronting to the media and spouting good old policital type bull the fans want to hear! Let''s see this backed by actions, the season fast approaching and we are still down a couple strikers.

As for Chinese investors, good luck to wolves, they are following clubs like Leicester & Man City and why not!

[quote user="Indy"]I was lead to believe by loads of people that Ed Balls has many mega rich contacts and would be good for some investment when Delia appointed him! Not seen anything from him other than fronting to the media and spouting good old policital type bull the fans want to hear! Let''s see this backed by actions, the season fast approaching and we are still down a couple strikers.

As for Chinese investors, good luck to wolves, they are following clubs like Leicester & Man City and why not![/quote]Do you have any info on how much Ed may have already invested, or is likely to?Good luck to Wolves? Nah, not from me.

Whilst searching on the web for who owns what club, I came across Wolves  it read           CLUB                                              OWNER(S)              Estimated net Worth             Source of weathWolverhampton Wanderers                      Steve Morgan                    £510m                                   Redrow             Looks like they got Wolves on the cheap.

Ive made many posts on the proposed Wolves takeover, so now its finally happening. Also mentioned before how foreign take overs of English clubs is now running at a fast pace, looks like the Prem. needs to enlarge itself to 50 places to accomodate all these rich clubs!Well i dont care, in fact id love it if England had 91 clubs with super rich foreign owners, leaving just us with Delia and Michael. Its my ideal, the only truly British club, from top to bottom. Nothing to do with that little old Norwich nonsense, just think we are going into very different waters in the next few years, what with Brexit now a reality. Nobody knows yet how huge leaving the EU will be for football clubs, and their super rich foreign owners, right now everythings like a big bubble thats getting bigger and bigger, trouble is a bubble reaches maximum intensity then bursts.That could easily happen, if it does id be more happier knowing we are locally owned and run pretty successfully by people that we know, people that love the club, rather than foreign unknowns. Are we swimming against the tide?..seems that way, but im loving it, because Delia and Michael keeps the clubs head above the water, despite all the changes a-happening. I know Wolves fans may feel ecstatic  right now after years of stagnation,but such is the huge  amount of super rich  owners now, that big success may well be as elusive for them as its been  these past few seasons.

Good stuff Ess.

Delia and Michael are good people and I would be very surprised if they haven''t done a lot of soul searching and self analysis over the last 20 years, questioning if they are the best thing taking the club forwards.

Anyone portraying them as arrogantly not caring, really have no real basis to do so.

[quote user="curious yellow"]So they''ve pledged 30 million for players over the next 2 seasons- watch out Real Madrid![/quote][:D]