Sign in to follow this  
pete

Wolves sold for £45m

Seems cheap how much for City? Wolverhampton a pit Norwich a beautiful historic city ought to be more attractive to investors.

Their new owners are super rich apparently so this may not be very good news for us. Hopefully it will take a session or two for their dosh to start making a difference.

Of course there are just no buyers/investors out there......

[quote user="Jim Smith"]Their new owners are super rich apparently so this may not be very good news for us. Hopefully it will take a session or two for their dosh to start making a difference.

Of course there are just no buyers/investors out there......[/quote]So you would want Delia to pocket 45m and just walk away, whistling?Leaving some random Chinese blokes, you know nothing about, in charge?Really Jim?

This reminds me of another scummy club that thought all their Christmasses had come at once, when they were taken over.

[quote user="morty"]This reminds me of another scummy club that thought all their Christmasses had come at once, when they were taken over.[/quote]

Didn''t hurt man city though did it?

investment is a gamble but it is just nonsense to suggest it is always a bad thing. And far too many "beware foreigners" posts just snack of racism. Little old Norwich indeed. It is a global game now- for those who haven''t noticed.

And we are regressing, I fear, by trying to be a national set up in an international arena. The need for fresh blood at the top is obvious- not least when our director leaves and is replaced by a nephew!

Theres a reason why there are so few clubs owned by the likes of Delia now , its because they cannot survive or compete. Take away our parachute payments and our chances of ever getting out of the Champs would be next to zero theres just too much money about even at this level .Everything is fine for now while we keep yo yoing but fail to get back up and we suddenly look more a League 1 club than a Prem one.A bunch of filthy rich Chineese or Nephew Tom without a pot to piss in ? fairly easy choice if you want the best for your club .

[quote user="CanaryOne"]Theres a reason why there are so few clubs owned by the likes of Delia now , its because they cannot survive or compete. Take away our parachute payments and our chances of ever getting out of the Champs would be next to zero theres just too much money about even at this level .Everything is fine for now while we keep yo yoing but fail to get back up and we suddenly look more a League 1 club than a Prem one.A bunch of filthy rich Chineese or Nephew Tom without a pot to piss in ? fairly easy choice if you want the best for your club . [/quote]How much are these new owners investing then?

[quote user="Dean Coneys boots"][quote user="morty"]This reminds me of another scummy club that thought all their Christmasses had come at once, when they were taken over.[/quote]

Didn''t hurt man city though did it?

investment is a gamble but it is just nonsense to suggest it is always a bad thing. And far too many "beware foreigners" posts just snack of racism. Little old Norwich indeed. It is a global game now- for those who haven''t noticed.

And we are regressing, I fear, by trying to be a national set up in an international arena. The need for fresh blood at the top is obvious- not least when our director leaves and is replaced by a nephew![/quote]Who mentioned racism?Jesus Christ.

Who thinks these new owners are diehard, lifelong Wolves fans?And who thinks they have just bought the club to make a profit from it?

[quote user="morty"]This reminds me of another scummy club that thought all their Christmasses had come at once, when they were taken over.[/quote]You mean Leicester ?

Seems like the Chinese guy who bought Birmingham then went to jail soon after.

These faceless, rich individuals are usually dodgy and have made their money by dubious methods.

Of course, I am generalising, and the new Wolves owners may be brilliant, but I don''t think I''d want it at NCFC, unless we knew who they were exactly.

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="morty"]This reminds me of another scummy club that thought all their Christmasses had come at once, when they were taken over.[/quote]You mean Leicester ?[/quote]

That''s the things isn''t it. For every Birmingham, there''s a Leicester.

I think it is a gamble of course, and may well be worth taking.

[quote user="Timmy Time"]Seems like the Chinese guy who bought Birmingham then went to jail soon after.

These faceless, rich individuals are usually dodgy and have made their money by dubious methods.

Of course, I am generalising, and the new Wolves owners may be brilliant, but I don''t think I''d want it at NCFC, unless we knew who they were exactly.[/quote]For me the biggest issue is intent.Like her or not, Delia makes decisions on what she thinks is best for the club she supports, not just based on cold, hard profit.

[quote user="Timmy Time"][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="morty"]This reminds me of another scummy club that thought all their Christmasses had come at once, when they were taken over.[/quote]You mean Leicester ?[/quote]

I think it is a gamble of course, and may well be worth taking.[/quote]No, for maybe every 5 or 6 Birmingham''s theres a Leicester.

How very dare you question the motives of an(y) investor. They are all great people only in it for the local community, often for an area which they had previously probably never heard of. I believe it''s called altruism, very difficult to find in real life other than in football club owners, apparently.

Was reading about this the other week.

New manager will be Julen Lopetegui former Porto manager who was being linked with the Spain job.

There first signing is rumoured to be Ivan Cavaleiro who signed for Monaco last summer from Benfica for €15m. 22 year old Portugal international.

So from wanting to be Swansea, then Bournemouth, then Leicester, Wolves is the model we''re aspiring to now?[:D]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Timmy Time"][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="morty"]This reminds me of another scummy club that thought all their Christmasses had come at once, when they were taken over.[/quote]You mean Leicester ?[/quote]

I think it is a gamble of course, and may well be worth taking.[/quote]No, for maybe every 5 or 6 Birmingham''s theres a Leicester.

[/quote]

This is true. If any thing, more than 5 or 6. The 1 that is Leicester is just an exception and the owners have shown their face and been very transparent all the way through, even in the Championship, not just when they were doing well in the PL.

I think the majority of these owners just seem a football club like a toy they can mess around with and exploit.

[quote user="morty"]So from wanting to be Swansea, then Bournemouth, then Leicester, Wolves is the model we''re aspiring to now?[:D][/quote]

Wasn''t that long ago that we wanted to be the next Charlton.

[quote user="Timmy Time"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Timmy Time"][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="morty"]This reminds me of another scummy club that thought all their Christmasses had come at once, when they were taken over.[/quote]You mean Leicester ?[/quote]

[/quote]

This is true. If any thing, more than 5 or 6. The 1 that is Leicester is just an exception and the owners have shown their face and been very transparent all the way through, even in the Championship, not just when they were doing well in the PL.

I think the majority of these owners just seem a football club like a toy they can mess around with and exploit.[/quote]Yup.And that lot down the road are a prime example. Marcus Evans rides into town promising a bright future and Premiership football. Doesn''t get it in a few years, gets bored of it and stops investing. He''s basically hanging on for that day they get lucky and win promotion (lol) and he''ll suck the profit out of them.

I just want McCarthy to go because with the squad they have at the moment, he''s the only reason they haven''t been sucked into a relegation fight. He seems to just squeeze out enough for them to be competitive, be organised and stay mid table.

I think some need to wise up to the fact that Delia and Michael are both in their seventies and will step down a lot sooner rather than later. Can anybody really hand on heart think that the boy Tom who without doubt is being groomed for the job is up to it ? These people at Wolves may be rich,anonymous and faceless but goodness me surely Tom Smith is anonymous and faceless with nothing impressive on his CV ? He may have Norwich at heart and a legacy left by auntie Delia but if he is the future of Norwich City moving forward don''t get your hopes up too much that our place in the football world will improve anytime soon.

[quote user="Timmy Time"]I just want McCarthy to go because with the squad they have at the moment, he''s the only reason they haven''t been sucked into a relegation fight. He seems to just squeeze out enough for them to be competitive, be organised and stay mid table.[/quote]I think he could do a lot better for himself, am surprised that he has stayed so long.

[quote user="can u sit down please"]are we an attractive proposition?[/quote]In the respect that we are very well run, no.A club who is desperate for money is a lot easier to take over.

[quote user="morty"]So from wanting to be Swansea, then Bournemouth, then Leicester, Wolves is the model we''re aspiring to now?[:D][/quote]

What happened to Charlton!!!