Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

The BJ factor

One of the main reasons we were promoted last time out in the championship, the chief motivation and inspiration came from BJ.  Now I know we had good performers all round the team, but Johnson added a bite and passion that so many times made the difference - that away win at Blackburn, that goal against the scum and many good performamces/goals through the season, until near the end when he ran out of steam a bit. We might lack his kind of passion and determination this season.  So who will be that inspiration this time?  Naismith?  Canos?  It''s difficult to imagine any of our players we have now fulfilling that role.  Naismith, according to Everton fans, is that kind of player but we haven''t really seen it yet.  Its an ingredient which we need imo. All the players should be up for the challenge of getting promoted again, but what gets you there is that extra bit of inspired determination to succeed - and not all players have that.  We had BJ last time, the previous two promotions we had Grant Holt. So who could it be this time?  Someone yet to arrive?  

The BJ Factor sounds like the Adult Channel''s version of the X Factor.

Buzzwords such as passion, heart, guts etc are overplayed by the media. Norwich need players who can deliver the results required - no cliches are needed.

Personally I wouldn''t have picked Brad Johnson out as a gamechanging hero before that season; it could be absolutely anyone.

Personally, good as he has always been, it would be nice to see Howson step up and start running games as we know he could. You see it now and then, and of course he has a very high general level of performance, but I can''t remember many games where you would say ''We wouldn''t have won that game without Howson''

Naismith! He was appalling in his body language in the three months with us since January!

I''m a little lost why the love fest for him, he''s another player which is so overrated, another RVW.

I hope that Tettey, Howson and Klose will push on, but that''s a very good point Lakey.

[quote user="Mr Apples"]Not sure, it''s a difficult argument to swallow...

Apples[/quote][:D]

[quote user="Mr Apples"]Whoever grasps the responsibility will just need to take it on the chin...

Apples[/quote]Only if tongue in cheek.

[quote user="Hoola Han Solo"]This BJ thread sucks.[/quote]I agree, the whole subject leaves me with a bad taste in my mouth.

Jeez, you lot on here really do gobble up any opportunity to insert any smutty innuendo . personally i find it rather hard to swallow.

[quote user="lappinitup"]I''m not going to rise to this.....,.[/quote]Stop being so hard with yourself Lapps.

this threads gone quiet for 15 mins, is everyone sitting back smoking a cigarette, feeling very content , after the bj

factor?

I know it''s only a friendly but City have blown very hot and cold today . Haven''t risen to the occasion but let''s hope there''s more to come when the season starts proper .