Sign in to follow this  
jamie 10

In coming transfers

Realistically who would you like us to bring in?

We are desperate for a striker and although McCormack would be a good signing I think at £15m is a lot of money for a player of his age.

Id like us to go back in for assombalonga and bid £10-£12m. He is young and powerful and has more years in him than MCormack. Pritchard has been left out of Spurs pre season tour which would indicate that he could be on the move would love to see him come in although we have quite a few players in his role. We need another centre half, we have always looked poor in defence for the last 2-3 years and have never had a solid centre back partnership. Klose and Bennett could come good but if Brighton are untreated in Martin I would try and include a deal for dunk if not have a bid for him.

I''m hoping to the transfers coming in picks up soon and we don''t leave it too late

Well done Jamie, you have condensed several other threads into one, dont be too surprised if this is your only reply.

At least one top striker (assombalonga or Mccormack) happy with either. Imagine both (no chance i know)

Would love a centre back but more of a luxury and only if it''s an upgrade on what we have which will be difficult with finances.

Maybe a more senior winger although it wouldn''t surprise me if we use naismith from a wide position early in season. With jarvis out for a while we are left with just the murphys and sergi.

You are forgetting we still have Brady. There''s only 2 weeks left and nobody has an offer in at the moment. I''d hope we would keep him until January.

With this in mind, I''d want a big, powerful striker and the same at the back with Brady''s set pieces in mind. With Klose already a big threat in the air, we should be making the most of having world class set piece delivery while we can.

In terms of trying to put names in spaces, it''s a tough one because we''re basically waiting for top players to not get the prem move they want in some aspects. Either that or we have to go to the next rung of football league players looking for a step up to a promotion contender.

Kodija is one that would fit the bill IMO. 6 foot 2, knows where the goal is, seems simple enough to me.

At the back, i''m still not convinced we will bother. Bassong, Martin and Bennett have all proven themselves useful in the championship and provided Klose stays, we may try get him and Bennett working I reckon.

If there is room for one more, Bailey Wright from Preston is worth a look or Jake Cooper from Reading (remember him...). Yes there''s the usuals like Dunk, Lees etc. but unless their contracts are up soon, I can see them being expensive. I reckon we''d get one of the aforementioned 2 suggestions for less than £5m.

Very true i did forget about him!

I am pretty certain he will leave before the window closes mind. If not brilliant. If he stayed till at least January that would be awesome, can''t see it unfortunately.

Obviously I know it''s a business but I think it makes little sense to sell now while he is still contracted and motivated. If we tell him he can move in Jan if things look ropey but for a decent fee there will still be clubs wanting him. Perhaps more so as they get desperate in Jan.

We have a real trump card with Brady and provided we use him wide left, we will rack up the wins and put ourselves in a great position to get back to the prem. Selling him severely hampers that while we don''t know how good the murphys or canos will really be and Jarvis is injured.

Brady is proven class.

I couldn''t agree more, brady is a class act who is very much on the up.

The club have said they''ll only consider selling if valuation is met and AN has said brady will be no problem if he stays. All positive stuff.

Still if i was pushed for a prediction, I''d say he''ll end up leaving this window. Hope not. If he does i definitely feel we need to replace.