Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Get prepared for the tenth season of Rays Funds..

We have under two weeks before Rays Funds starts again for another season. In fact

this will be the tenth season! That takes a bit of sinking in. Since we started

our beloved club has played in the Championship, League One, Championship,

Premier League, Championship, Premier League and now the Championship again. Of

course the binners have remained mid table championship throughout. I’m putting

their mediocrity down to my buddy Arrdee who put Buster on the wrong bus and as

far as I can make out he never got off again! But more to the point in that

time you wonderful PUPs have raised £2038 for the academy and a fantastic £3486

for our wonderful Downes Syndrome boys and girls at the CSF. I am so proud to

be involved with such a fantastic community of Norwich City Supporters and I

know Ray would be too.

So this

is the point where I ask for your tenners to fund the new season. Of course the

match bet is already covered thanks to the continued generosity of our

anonymous benefactor so we need just 40 tenners to fund the main

bet.  My paypal is canaryeddie@aol.com . If you don’t do paypal you can email me

on canaryeddie@aol.com I will send you my postal address. Or I’ll be in the

Nelson after the Sheffield Wednesday game on August 13th.

As it

will soon be upon us I have sorted the rota for August. Remember the main bet

rota is made up of last seasons top 40 PUPs. But PUPanon sponsors the match bet

to give the rest of us a chance of taking a more active role. This

also includes  any PUPs who join in for the first time this season.

Hopefull Norfolkbroadslim can make the final six selections the first

week as is customary for the PUPs league winners. Please all let me know if the

dates are ok : -

Final

Six Selections : -

Aug 

6th - Norfolkbroadslim

Aug 13th

- VanWink

Aug

20th – Hammond1612

Aug 27th

– Molly Windley

Norwich

match bet : -

Aug 

6th – 93Vintage

Aug 13th

- Platonic

Aug

20th - Lappinitup

Aug 27th

- Woostercanary

Would

be great to have some more of this message board’s regular posters on board

this season.  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As always I

leave you with Ray’s signature which now reads :-

Carve their

names with pride.Yankee,5,Fellas,3,P''boro,2,Mr Chops,2,NewYork,2, Inch High,5,

Blahblahblah, NCFC_Shaun, 1st Wazzock,3, Fonejacker,3, Norfolkbroadslim,3,

Norfolkchance1,2, Scooby,3, Trent Canary,3, Cosmic Twin,4, Graham Humphrey,

Leedscanary,3, NcfcStar, Herman, Delia’s Devonshire Dirtbox,2, Lappinitup,

Statto, Mandie Moo,2, Mr Bump, Kathy,2, Til1010, Snake-eyes, Vindo,2, NWC,

Hughesy, Gregt, GMF,2, SwindonCanary, Twidio, Hector Brockelbank, Lake District

Canary, Bor Bor Bor, Yellowfuture, Chellecity, Diesel Doris, Lessingham Canary,

yes Norfolkchance1 £2038 for the Academy, and £1493 for the Community Sports

Foundation.

And with the

Norwich match bet. Splutcho, jb,2, Redders Right Foot,2, Hector Brockelbank,

Blahblahblah,2, Can u sit down please, Til1010, Mandie Moo’s Mear Kat,2,

Crabbycanary,2, Paul, Stewfil, Parma Ham’s gone mouldy, Bor Bor Bor, Mr Apples,

Woostercanary, City-til-I-die, The Great Drinkell, nutty,2, Feedthewolf,2,

Lappinitup,2, NWC, Wes Hooly Fan, Twidio, Ray, PUPanon, Molly Windley,

93vintage, ClareW, Van Wink, Cityangel, AJ, Norfolkchance1,Yellowfuture, Graham

Humphrey, Diesel Doris, Duncan Edwards, Legend Iwan, YorkshirePudding, Kathy, Platonic,

Cosmic Twin, Mr Jenkins, yes PUPs £647 for the Community Sports Foundation.

And with £1344

for the CSF from the Pink Un Pledges, Euro 16 and donations we now have a total

of £5524 since we began of which £536 is

already banked for the next presentation.

[quote user="arrdee"]

It was the second week of our  holiday in Bulgaria, I was soaking up the sun , no doubt doing poor old arrdees bones no end of good , dropping off to sleep ,lovely , suddenly i heard Ruth say "arrdee help that young woman " I was off my lounger like a shot , there was a lovely blond girl with a young child in her arms trying to pull a pram with a baby in it with her bags hung on the handle stuck in the soft sand going nowhere . I picked up the pram and the baby and carried it down to the edge of sea where she wanted to go , I did think i had bit off more than i could chew but i managed it just .

She said "thanks for that my husband Len and his brother Bouncer are checking out the bars " I thought you have only just arrived in the early hrs of the morning and it not 10 o''clock yet , Well whatever you are on holiday .

I got the job every morning , I do admit i did pretend to be asleep some mornings but Ruth would poke me in the ribs so there was no getting out of it , I use to say "I suppose Len and Bouncer are still checking out the bars "?

In the bar of the hotel the tues  evening this Carol was chatting to Ruth ,"Ah here comes Len and Bouncer " " This is Ruth and Ray who i told you about" with his hand out "Thanks for that mate " I said " Pleased to have helped " his hand dropped like a stone ."Where are you from"? I said "Norwich"  "Don''t tell me you are a f ing Norwich supporter " "Yep one of the biggest "was my reply . I don''t think i have ever seen such looks of hatred on two faces in all my life . "Well we are lifelong xxxxxxx supporters ,I will shake your hand as we are in Bulgaria i would never dream of doing it in our country"

We avoided each other for the rest of the time , if we did meet  i would always give them a big grin which seem to upset them more than any thing . This Carol was chatting to Ruth one day asking "when do you go home"? Ruth told her Carol said "Oh Bouncer is on that plane he only stayed for one week .I heard that quick enough .WHAT i said , there was no doubt about it flight number every thing Borgos to Stansted .I just knew it,i just knew it , how my luck has been this year , i just knew i would be sitting next to him for 3 hrs on the plane .

The rest of the time i was there i was racking my brain what i would do if the worst came to the worst . I knew i could manoeuvre Ruth so i would be one away from him at least and if that plan went tits up i am afraid thats how Ruth would have gone ,even if it meant manhandling her to the planes floor . I feel i must point out i am the perfect gentleman at all times , but these were desperate times and anything goes .

The time duly arrived ,i could see Bouncer and his family the other side of the foyer i suppose keeping as far away from me as they could .the First Choice coach arrived at the said time , up flew Bouncer rushing on to the coach like the great kid he is .I was trudging along pulling my suitcase like a condemed man on his way to the gallows . At this point another First Choice coach arrived , The girl with the clipboard was saying "yes yes this Borgos " her English was poor which is unusual most speak good English i did question her further and she confirmed it Bouncer was on the wrong coach he was off to Varna hundreds of miles away . I couldn''t wait for the coach to get going i was willing it to start up . Instead it was Ruth who started up "Bouncer is on the wrong bus" "really" i said "don''t you think we should say something" "NO i mean no no better not interfere" "besides the young ladys English is not very good " " you could talk to her in Bulgarian" "maybe but the people on this bus won''t thank you ,we have got a plane to catch you know" "well i am going to say something "  as she started to rise the bus started and Ruth flopped back in her seat ,thankfully .

As i sat on the plane i was chuckling to myself hoping Bouncer was at least half way to Varna before he realised his mistake so he could spend the rest of the journey in abject misery . Cruel ? I don''t know if you can be cruel to a xxxxxxx supporter anyhow thats a little back for the sand pails incident . Just before dropping off to sleep on the plane i thought life turns out alright some times don''t you know.[:)] arrdee

[/quote]

What a wonderful story Nigel! Oh what I''d have given to see the Binners face when he realised! 😂

£10 already paid and looking forward to my first go at the picks, looks like I''ve been put in for the derby weekend, wonder if anybody will be brave enough and pick Norwich that weekend?

Received it thanks Morty. And thanks to everyone who has sent money so far. This community is Simply The Best...

Will give you £10 when I see you soon Eddie, looking forward to Rays Funds and still miss Ray and his tasty sausages lol

Thanks, I miss him too Diane. There are some great memories of him here : -
http://services.pinkun.com/forums/pinkun-forums/cs/forums/1946/ShowForum.aspx

This is a very good thread with a great community feel to it. All for a very worthy cause too. Hopefully I''ll remember to regularly contribute this season.

Saluti dall''Italia Nutella...🍝🍝🇮🇹😻🦀🐳🐠🏊🏊🏊

Uno di miei ti mandaranno dei soldini fra poco.....👌👌🏆🏆💴💴💰💰💵💵

Ti ringrazio ancora tanto per I sforzi che fai....👏💁🍝🇮🇹🇮🇹

Parma ☀️☀️🍝😻🎼🎼🎼🇮🇹🇮🇹🇮🇹🏆🏆🏆

A lovely one of Ray''s Tales. Possibly my favourite Norwich fan. He was like an extension of the family and always but always had plenty to laugh about.

A really top man that always had a wonderfully lovely way about him. Never one to complain he could always point out where his beloved Norwich had been - not necessarily worse - but in what seemed a far bleaker place with his beautiful stories.

Let''s keep this a''going. I''m often missing on the picks but my tenner is with the old man and I can''t wait for the usual "don''t lay Tilly win" methodology.

Football is unrecognisable to most of us now but in this little but appreciated way we retain the intimacy and relationship with our club that hooked us all in the first place.

Good Luck Dad and God Bless Ray!!!

X

Hi Nutty, you should have my tenner from the Euro Funds. All the best to the PUPs for the forthcoming season!

(ps...when will the league table be up?)

Apples

Hey NN it''s been a while! Hope you''re doing well. I will be back for this season, and will send you a tenner on Friday

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Hey NN it''s been a while! Hope you''re doing well. I will be back for this season, and will send you a tenner on Friday[/quote]
Now there''s some great news! Good to have you back buddy[:)] [Y]

Nutty,
Funds on their way - thank you for providing this opportunity.
Also very happy to do the Norwich match bet on August 27th, an away game at Birmingham City and one I hope to attend.  Last time was a dull 0-0 draw when they set up for a point and little else.  Hope it''s a better game and a better result for us this year.  

Just a week to go before the week one thread is posted.

Final Six Selections : -

Aug  6th - Norfolkbroadslim

Aug 13th - VanWink

Aug 20th – Hammond1612 - Confirmed

Aug 27th – Molly Windley

Norwich match bet : -

Aug  6th – 93Vintage

Aug 13th - Platonic

Aug 20th - Lappinitup

Aug 27th - Woostercanary - Confirmed

I received a very generous donation with one of the tenners which went straight into the Presentation Pot. You PUPs are amazing[Y]
The end of Ray''s signature now reads : -

And with £1434

for the CSF from the Pink Un Pledges, Euro 16 and donations we now have a total

of £5614 since we began of which £626 is

already banked for the next presentation.

Have sent you a tenner, which in some small way will help keep this wonderful thing going. Ray was such a lovely guy, you don''t get to meet too many of his kind in your lifetime. It was inspirational on his part to get this all going, and in the process bring together some lovely like minded people. Eddie the job you do in keeping this going is nothing short of fantastic, keep it up!

Nutty, I''m keen to be involved and will send you my dosh through the post as I did with the euros.

However, I''m going to be in the middle of nowhere on August 13th so may not be able to get on the internet reliably, could I be subbed for a different date?