Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Steve Bruce

Trouble is its about the best Englishman for the job rather than just the best person. If it has to a choice between big Sam and Steve Bruce, big Sam everyday.

The few time i''ve seen Steve Bruce on the touchline recently he''s looked...stressed to say the least.
Not sure the England job would be the best for his health.

I don''t understand why the manager has to be English ?  I can''t be bothered to check but since Euro 96 haven''t the foreign managers (Sven GE / Fabio Capello) we''ve used done better in tournaments than the English ones ?  That''s my recollection.

It''s all part of the Brexit strategy...next step will be the reintroduction of leather balls with laces.

Apples

[URL=http://s869.photobucket.com/user/mortymccarthy/media/Untitled_zpsdi3fj1vj.jpg.html][IMG]http://i869.photobucket.com/albums/ab257/mortymccarthy/Untitled_zpsdi3fj1vj.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

[quote user="Yellowbeagle"]Trouble is its about the best Englishman for the job rather than just the best person. If it has to a choice between big Sam and Steve Bruce, big Sam everyday.[/quote]

That''s just it yeallowbeagle, it''s a ploy by the fa to makpeople more accepting of big Sam.

[quote user="cornish sam"][quote user="Yellowbeagle"]Trouble is its about the best Englishman for the job rather than just the best person. If it has to a choice between big Sam and Steve Bruce, big Sam everyday.[/quote]

That''s just it yeallowbeagle, it''s a ploy by the fa to makpeople more accepting of big Sam.[/quote]

I know personally I don''t care who manages the team or where they are from as long as they at the best we can get. But that doesn''t seem to be the mindset since Capello.

[quote user="Crabbycanary3"]Tbh, I would say the England job is easier than a Club job, Hogesar.[/quote]
Maybe, but our media put immense pressure on managers leading into any euro''s or world cup - even if they spent the previous 18 months slating the team and saying how poor they are.

[quote user="Lessingham Canary"]Give it to Ricky Tomlinson !![/quote]

If they keep insisting on the manager being English, he might be about to be interviewed.

I wouldn''t regard either of them as great football thinkers or strategists, but so long as they can make clear to the team what they want and motivate them I shall be happy.

Hodgson may have had ideas, but the team didn''t seem to understand them or seem keen to follow them.

Back in the days of Sven and Capello i wanted an Englishman as manager but if Big Sam and Bruce are the best we can come up with in 2016 i shall be reconsidering my view.

I''m a firm believer that the England manager should be English. Adding to that i think they should qualify the same way players have to.

The general senses is that England have the players, we just lack the tactical know how on the highest level.

Big sam all the way for me

Martin Glenn suggests he''s looking for a manager who can help the England players with their psychology: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36845558

Given his long-standing interest in player wellbeing, that would make Big Sam firm favourite...

Would he do a better job than the current incumbent in getting City back up ?

There is a public outpouring of grief on Radio Humberside at the moment.

Obious issues here, as with players, we are lead to believe the best footballing tallent is foreign. We therefore tend to end up with more players from abroad and more managerrs from abroad.

How many managers in the premier league are getting consistent results and have a decent track record as well as being English or British even?

I think if you look at that you have to concede that Bruce, Pardew and Allardice are essentially the main three, plus possibly Rednap . . . . For me, of those, Pardew and Rednap are more than accustomed to ''buying'' the success they have had so far.

Bruce and Allardice both have a track record of getting the very best out of the players at their disposal, making their sides hard to beat when needed.

The reality that needs to be accepted, and should have been done years ago, is that England are not a ''top'' side in the rankings anymore, so need to play a way that will gain results rather than turning up with the media circus and everything else putting the manager under pressure to play this sort of free flowing attacking football. We''re not good enought to.

So for me Allardice and Bruce are a good fit for where the national set up currently is. Where the best money needs to be spent is bringing in successful coaches from abroad to show the English accadamies how and why they have been able to breed success from their younger age groups.

It will stop all of this rubbish we see about footballers needing to be mainly 6''2" and able to run through walls and smash people off the park . . . . .