Sign in to follow this  
Move Klose

Grant Hanley £6m

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/690037/Norwich-Grant-Hanley-Newcastle-Sheffield-Wednesday-Championship-Transfer-Gossip-New

Maybe some truth in Martin to Brighton after all.

The report says Alan Irvine who was at Blackburn last season is the driving force in our interest.

Not a bad shout, looks like we are being linked to various players alongside Newcastle - they were also mentioned in the link to the Swedish guy Helander

Ideal shot in the arm and would probably/certainly contribute to a much, much better defensive line-up than we started last season with that''s for sure.

RM to Brighton for a couple or so, and may be Bertie on his bike for a similar price and quid for quid we won''t be much worse of financially (and likely better off wages-wise) and the defence would have a much more solid look to it.

Ruddy, Pinto, Klose, Hanley, Olsson ..... Hmmmm.

Bennett and Whittaker are decent back-up and Toffy should be capable of making some mark this coming season. I cannot really see where Stonewall Turner fits in, but he''ll likely be around should injuries take their toll.

I am one of those who would happily accept £15m for Brady (although it needed the signing of Canos to make me stop mourning the loss of Redmond.)

Brady is good, but he ''aint that good, IMO.

As with everything, it''s not clear cut though.

Only fly in the ointment is GH left sided CB as he regularly plays with Martin who is definitely right sided. Klose left sided CB so defence may be unbalanced.

Klose is actually right-footed, but is also comfortable playing on the left, so either Hanley or Helander would be a good fit as Bassong is our only left-footed CB.

Apparently Owen Coyle is saying that Newcastle are the only club to have put in a bid for Hanley.

Things sure moving fast, now its said Blackburn have  valued Hanley at 8 million. Also Alex  commented Martin to Brighton is just rumour. Id rather try a 8 mill offer for Lees at Wednesday instead of Hanley, but hes so integral to them he would probably be valued higher than that now.

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]Ideal shot in the arm and would probably/certainly contribute to a much, much better defensive line-up than we started last season with that''s for sure.

RM to Brighton for a couple or so, and may be Bertie on his bike for a similar price and quid for quid we won''t be much worse of financially (and likely better off wages-wise) and the defence would have a much more solid look to it.

Ruddy, Pinto, Klose, Hanley, Olsson ..... Hmmmm.

Bennett and Whittaker are decent back-up and Toffy should be capable of making some mark this coming season. I cannot really see where Stonewall Turner fits in, but he''ll likely be around should injuries take their toll.

I am one of those who would happily accept £15m for Brady (although it needed the signing of Canos to make me stop mourning the loss of Redmond.)

Brady is good, but he ''aint that good, IMO.

As with everything, it''s not clear cut though.[/quote]

We won''t accept £15m when we''ve put a £20m price tag on him. £15m is no where near enough.

Be mad not to accept £15m for Brady.

As for Hanley, I''d have him in our team.

He would compliment Klose so well as the ''stopper'' in our back line. Shame we''re not in for him, with Newcastle''s interest I suppose he''s out of our price range now in terms of wages.

All the good CB''s in this league apart from Hanley are at our promotion rivals so I suppose we might end up looking at someone surplus to requirements at a Prem club. Any names? Jonas Olsson or Damien Delaney might be realistic and could do a decent job, but I''m struggling to think of anyone who''s a clear step up on Bassong/Martin/Bennett, we may have to take a risk and look abroad

Pretty slow, not the best on the ball....wont we just be getting another Ryan Bennett?

Every single centre back we''ve got at the moment can either do the job at this level or excel at this level (obviously Klose is a marked step up), so would be really surprised if we need anymore CB''s in a championship season - surely AN will wait and see how things pan out over the next 10 months and then all being well add Premier League quality then?

That said, I''d bid for Hanley just to wind up the arrogant Toon supporters though 😂

Not involved in the Newcastle friendly yesterday as Rafa is concerned about his fitness. I think we have had our fair share of getting players up to speed in recent times so a bullet dodged maybe ?

Sounds familiar.

1.       Rumour has it than Norwich are interested in xxxxxx

2.       Pinkun posters mostly agree that xxxxxx is a class act / exciting prospect (delete as appropriate)

3.       Promotion rivals are also linked with a bid for xxxxxx

4.       Xxxxxxxx signs for promotion rival

5.       Pinkun posters mostly agree xxxxxx was rubbish anyway / slow as a boat / injury prone etc etc so we didn’t really want him anyway   

[quote user="Curious Canary"]

Sounds familiar.

Or pinkun posters watched Scotland games and the occasional Blackburn game and decided that linked player is not even as good as Russell Martin from the very start.

2.       Pinkun posters mostly agree that xxxxxx is a class act / exciting prospect (delete as appropriate)

5.       Pinkun posters mostly agree xxxxxx was rubbish anyway / slow as a boat / injury prone etc etc so we didn’t really want him anyway   

[/quote]

[quote user="Curious Canary"]

Sounds familiar.

[/quote]Very good[:D]