Sign in to follow this  
Move Klose

Ross Mccormack Again

Think it''s a reference to McGovern who he''s probably seen play a couple of times this summer

Really excited for this signing, if he fires us into the premier league this season coming then 10-15 million is peanuts.

If the Rumors are true McCormack is to expensive and he is past his peak. I hope not if the quoted price is correct.

Given the money for being in the premier league, we have our best chance of going back up at the first time of asking. If we can pay 13£m for a player to score us 20 and go us up then it''s money well spent....if we stay down however it''s a different story

I''m not sure gambling on a 30 year old at 15 million is worth the risk, if he was four years younger we might recoup the money like Fulham are trying to do, but fail to gain promotion he''d be a millstone we''d try to get rid of like Fulham are trying to do.

That said not many options out there........Roofe from Oxford would have been a great buy for what Leeds paid!

Reports in various places about Villa coming back hard to hijack McCormack from under our noses today,,,,i dont know, feels like this McCormack  saga is becoming a long drawn out affair with no ending in sight. Just hope Alex has seriously identified the striker he wants and gets it over the line, be it McCormack or whoever else it is. By the time the team get back from Austria there will be very very little time left before season kick off, so quite a possibility now that our 1st games will be Jerome as our only recognised  striker. If he should get crocked 1st game...fun fun.

People who are saying McCormack would be a gamble are wrong. He is the definition of a proven striker. Now, he won''t have much sell on value at 29/30. But that''s different than being a gamble.

We have to go up first time of asking

We do not have wealthy owners and any signing is a gamble forget the finances. We gambled on hanging on to grabban last year, ridiculous.

Our chances on going up after this season finish very quickly even with some good youngsters.

When we went up in the past we bought the best players from the second tier. So no question they need to be in a yellow

And green shirt.

For me this is a signing you make as e can score in the division above, he has the attributes. You need prove ability, maybe howson can help being him to the fine city

''''.if we stay down however it''s a different story

''''Not really, he''ll still be a quality striker in a years time, perfect for another run at the title/playoffs. Lots of big earning squad players are out of contract next summer so the wage bill will drop significantly, of course selling them soon would be preferable. So I don''t see any reason why we shouldn''t go all out and sign him.

IF we got him, and in a years time, he has helped get us up, AN may decide that he''s not quite the Prem article, and would sell him for quite a few million, so IF we spent circa £15M on him, we would get something decent for him in a years time, from another Championship Club, so it isn''t as drastic as some make out.

You know what''s going to happen here. Villa will get him, he will get 20+ goals and get them promoted. Just like Gayle at Newcastle.

[quote user="Move Klose"]You know what''s going to happen here. Villa will get him, he will get 20+ goals and get them promoted. Just like Gayle at Newcastle.[/quote]

Hopefully it''s just the last rumblings on the deal as Fulham and his agent try to squeeze as much money out of things.

Neil has stated a good few times that we will need to spend big and accept the going rate to recruit the players we need ... he won''t be charmed if we penny pinch here and give Villa an advantage.

Cone on City ... just bag the transfer and be done with it!

[quote user="Crabbycanary3"]IF we got him, and in a years time, he has helped get us up, AN may decide that he''s not quite the Prem article, and would sell him for quite a few million, so IF we spent circa £15M on him, we would get something decent for him in a years time, from another Championship Club, so it isn''t as drastic as some make out.[/quote]

The alternative is keep McCormack, and dispose of Jerome if we went up, as we know Jerome isn''t cut out for the Premiership.

We should have gone in hard and fast to secure our top target. The longer things get drawn out, the more can go wrong. FFS if we got to start of campaign with just Jerome, Laffs & RVW!

Who knows what''s going on really re Mccormack - most of the talk is just rumours on twitter and then regurgitated by w@nky websites such as vital norwich and read norwich - both a complete farking joke

With so many rumours and counter rumours it''s impossible to get excited about any signing these days until the deed is done.

Having just read somewhere that there was growing friction at Villa Park between DiMatteo and the board over their refusal to sanction various deals he is wanting, including a £5m+ bid for Derby''s Will Hughes I find it difficult to accept that they have now come back into the quest for McCormack.

Like I say though, rumours.

The Wolves interest is too obvious, IMO. The takeover only happened yesterday and today they are in the hunt for £15m players. Nothing works that fast.

I believe that McCormack''s end wish is to eventually play in the Premier League. As things stand joining Norwich remains a better bet than the two Midlands clubs in this respect.

Alex Neil has often been criticised in the past for bringing too much of the Scottish factor into the Club. This might just be a plus regards McCormack. There may be some connect between the two.

As ever the most accurate barometer is the bookmaker and his odds. We remain favourites for the player''s signature, although possibly not so heavily odds-on.

Why? Because of rumours.

We should know by the middle of next week, but with time running down the unthinkable combination of a Lafferty-RVW involved strike-force gradually beckons, as would failure next season.

It''s as if we have learnt nothing at all from last summer. A top striker was out only real priority this summer and here we are again, three weeks from the start of the season not having brought one in yet. Should have made a decent bid at the start of the summer and done everything to land our key target before pre-season.

[quote user="Jim Smith"]It''s as if we have learnt nothing at all from last summer. A top striker was out only real priority this summer and here we are again, three weeks from the start of the season not having brought one in yet. Should have made a decent bid at the start of the summer and done everything to land our key target before pre-season.[/quote]

Yeah, like we did with RVW.................

He was the wrong target but yes like we did with RVW. Identified who we wanted and went out and made sure we got him.

The only problems being that RVW signing was not driven by our manager at the time, doesn''t fit our style of play and is sh*t.

[quote user="Jim Smith"]He was the wrong target but yes like we did with RVW. Identified who we wanted and went out and made sure we got him.

The only problems being that RVW signing was not driven by our manager at the time, doesn''t fit our style of play and is sh*t.[/quote]

Maybe, but it just shows how difficult it is.  Even when the club tried to do the right thing, it backfired.  Buying early or leaving it to the last minute, or not buying anyone at all.......it''s a gamble, whatever they do. 

Unlike RVW, unproven in english game, Mccormack is highly successful over last 4 seasons at this level.

One hopes AN''s comments suggest this is at advanced stage. We need people in before we can ship people out. Can''t see a future for RVW, but if we secure MC, then hopefully we can target one or two more

Would rather the money spent on Britt from Forrest.

Right age (23) he will score goals and there is always a chance of a bigger sell on fee if he does really well for us.

McCormack 29 and is he really that big of an upgrade from Hooper ? I don''t think so tbh.

Well yes if you look at his scoring stats. Hoops has gone (as much as I hated letting him go) and I think we have to stop worrying about resale value.

He''s a proven scorer at this level and thats our first priority. Maybe we can ship Laffs & RVW and get both MC and Brit. Now that would be great!

[quote user="Samwam27"]Well yes if you look at his scoring stats. Hoops has gone (as much as I hated letting him go) and I think we have to stop worrying about resale value.

He''s a proven scorer at this level and thats our first priority. Maybe we can ship Laffs & RVW and get both MC and Brit. Now that would be great![/quote]

THAT WOULD BE A GREAT BIT OF BUSINESS

[quote user="Samwam27"]Well yes if you look at his scoring stats. Hoops has gone (as much as I hated letting him go) and I think we have to stop worrying about resale value.

He''s a proven scorer at this level and thats our first priority. Maybe we can ship Laffs & RVW and get both MC and Brit. Now that would be great![/quote]

THAT WOULD BE A GREAT BIT OF BUSINESS

We''ve been trying to shift those two for over two years with and only succeeded in loans so far.

We''ve got just over two weeks now, so loaning seems our best bet again unless Lafferty has some value as a make-weight in a McCormack or Assombalong deal ..... very wishful thinking there.

Some people think it is oh, so easy - the fact is we can only do business then things are right for both parties and we are not in a position to waste money by putting in ridiculous bids. There''s been precious little going on generally across the board, so it''s not as if we are missing out (yet).

I asked if we had put a bid in, at the forum.Stand in CEO didn''t deny it.

That''s the nail on the head branston pickle, a lot of fans don''t seem to understand that. People seem to think we just turn up with a load of cash and the players ours.

The reality is we''ve probably been set back on assombalonga for one reason or another and that is why Mccormack seems to be the target now. Out of all the strikers out there he seems to be the one definitely available and keen to move all be it at a hefty price.