Sign in to follow this  
Move Klose

Ross Mccormack Again

Not particularly excited about McCormack, but he does have a decent record in the champs, so mebbe, just mebbe we are in for him and the lad from Walsall ( who possibly had a chat with someone the other night). That gives us two proven Champs strikers in McC and CJ, plus Naismith, could the other be a bit of a wild card , someone like Bradshaw or ANother that is not on the(public) radar.

Over-aged, over-priced, slow, and even fat he may be but he sure excites a lot of interest.

From hit.com:-

(The last line is interesting.)

"The Canaries are tipped to make a move for the Fulham striker. Norwich City are set to make a £13 million move for Aston Villa, Sheffield Wednesday and Newcastle United target Ross McCormack, the Sun reports (page 51, Wednesday edition). McCormack, who plays for the quartet''s divisional rivals Fulham, was the Championship''s second top scorer last term with 21 goals. As such, Norwich have earmarked the 29-year-old as the man to fire them back to the Premier League at the first time of asking (the Sun). Villa''s interest is also mentioned in the report, however Alex Neil''s men, who''ve had an approach for Nottingham Forest striker Britt Assombalonga turned down (Daily Mail), look to be leading the race. Sheffield Wednesday were claimed to have bid £11.5 million for McCormack in June (via agent Craig Armstrong on Sheffield Live TV), while Newcastle have also been credited with an interest (HITC). However, HITC sources indicate that Fulham, who tied the Scotland international to a new long-term deal earlier this year, want closer to £15 million. A source close to one of the Cottagers'' rivals told this website: "The price is not coming down at the moment, and if it doesn''t - I don''t think anyone will pay it." And McCormack, who failed to appear in the recent pre-season friendly fixture with Preston North End, is understood to be growing unhappy at his employers'' stance."

On the other hand not all Fulham supporters love him:-

"Get the greedy fuck out of my club....I don''t care what it takes..a player that has held the club to ransom since his arrival a player who cares shit about FFC...his only interest is screwing the dumb fucks running the club and taking advantage of the stupid...I believe he is a disruptive influence in the dressing room Billy''s big bollocks on your way fella...."

[quote user="FenwayFrank"]No thanks, an unproven player whose had one good season ?[/quote]

Haha, one good season?????

15/16 - 23 goals (fulham)

14/15 - 19 goals (fulham)

13/14 - 29 goals (leeds)

12/13 - 8 goals (leeds)

11/12 - 19 goals (leeds)

I wonder if he had scored all those goals in foreign leagues and had an exotic name if there would be so much negativity!

He''s a proven goal scorer, we need at least one brought in, his price is valid in this market, if Neil wants him let''s get him in.

[quote user="KeiranShikari"]Whilst at Leeds he was often used on the wings, see the 8 goal season.Comparison to Hooper made me laugh. [/quote]

Why? When I''ve seen McCormack he looks best in a 442 just as Hooper did a system we don''t play.

Prefer someone younger, quicker and cheaper. With some sell on value. The striking equivalent of Canos.

Nah, just a smokescreen to draw attention away from Britt.

Can''t see Norwich spending that sort of money.

Whilst up on the airport estate this afternoon at Bookers Cash and Carry someone i know who happens to be a season ticket holder came up to me and told me we are buying McCormack this week for £15million !!!! I could not even bring myself to ask him his source. [:$]

[quote user="dibbler"]Nah, just a smokescreen to draw attention away from Britt.

Can''t see Norwich spending that sort of money.[/quote]I cannot for the life of me, see us paying £15M for a player, certainly while we''re in the Chumps.  Totally agree dibbler.  If Alex is reading this thread over a lukewarm sausage roll, I bet he''s having a damn good chuckle.[:)]

[quote user="Hoola Han Solo"]I''d keep things like that Til, it won''t be long until a certain poster shows up.[/quote]You rang?

Saw the Mccormack thing punted around twitter.Despite any wallet nonsense, I doubt we''d spend 15m.

[quote user="Hoola Han Solo"]That''s not how you do it!

Who''s there?

Doctor.

Doctor Who?

Exactly!

Ffs my moment of comedy genius scuppered yet again. 😭[/quote]Sorry, really wasn''t expecting a knock knock joke.

I can see this happening! Yes it would represent a huge gamble but looking at the top scorers in the championship last season, there is no one else near him for goals and assists, who could be available.

He is a very clever player and most importantly is a proven goal scorer

Goals will get us out of the championship, not playing for your country and earning caps.

Having international players doesn''t guarantee you anything!

[quote user="andy 1974"]Goals will get us out of the championship, not playing for your country and earning caps.

Having international players doesn''t guarantee you anything![/quote]

I understand that, but I''d rather we signed players who actually look like they could fit into the way AN sets his teams up to play. He has in most cases played with one up top, fair enough if he wants to change that but otherwise we could end up with a very expensive sub.

Can see what you are saying. I like the look of him in a number 10 type of player role, but who will get guaranteed goals. Naismith may come good, but we know Wes will not score enough. Like the look of Kodjia but can''t see ambitious Bristol City doing business as a lone striker.

Bargain wise, James Wilson seems to be surplus at Man United and we''ll be worth a gamble?

Agree Wilson may be worth a look. It''s purely the huge price with McCormack together with not seeing him fitting. However if we go for him, I''ll be hoping I''m wrong.