Sign in to follow this  
Move Klose

Ross Mccormack Again

I expect most of the money we might get from Brady and Redmond (is £30m too much to expect?) will be re-invested into the squad. Therefore £13m ( of course assuming wages are crudely equal) looks quite okay! Maybe this time round we can compete on attractive wages ....better than many Championship clubs.

If it''s heavily weighted with promotion clauses then I''m happy for it to happen. £7m up front with bonus for promotion. Same with his wages too. Have them heavily reliant on promotion.

McCormack has a release clause in his contract of £12m - £13m (no one seems to agree how much it is). If that is the case it has to be met in one large payment.

I reckon there is zero truth in this rumour (where did it even come from). Can get plenty of players who will score in the Champ who aren''t 30 and who don''t already earn Premier League wages.

We don''t have to meet it. If they want his wages off the books thinking they need to regroup and rebuild before a real cracking at promotion is needed, they may accept less.

I''d be happy to go to £15m so long as at least half of that was promotion dependent. 3 year deal with similar clauses for Ross.

Looking ahead, I think he''d be a steady operator in the prem as well so would be happily "lumbered" with a 30/31 year old mccormack if we did go up.

McCormack is on a contract until 2020 - would be hard to get him to accept to a shorter one without significantly increasing his wages.

Its a bad deal.

There are other strikers who can score goals. Fulham signed McCormack on the premise "his goals will get us promoted" - which hasn''t really panned out for them over the past two seasons.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=carrillo+bournemouth+football+leaks&safe=off&client=ms-android-orange-gb&biw=360&bih=560&prmd=nsmiv&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiH0t3Oj_DNAhWDLsAKHQUyB44Q_AUICigE#imgrc=QiaFsKIPraDJOM%3A

If you look at that from a leaked offer reply for carillo from Bournemouth last season, it''s clear how complex but flexible offers can be.

With the massive gap of money between the championship and the prem, it surprises me that more offers aren''t more performance related. Maybe they are behind closed doors.

I would be very happy with this ... he''s a guaranteed goal scorer and we desperately need to replace what Hooper and Grabban contributed last time round.

Vastly overpaid and overpriced 30yo championship striker who on the downward slope and waving goodbye to his best years.

I want either someone who has the potential to be better than Jerome ad challenge for a first team place (not someone who wont get to that level ever) or a good option.

If we want someone for a year Glenn Murphy would be a better value option as a third choice striker proven in this league.

£12m+ better spent on khadija, britta ass etc.

People wanting to buy McCormack ought to ask themselves what would happen if we didn''t get promoted. He''d probably end up leaving for far less than we''d pay for him, he''d cost a small fortune in wages and we''d end up in a bigger hole than we''re already in.As a gamble, the odds aren''t favourable enough for the club to buy a 30 year old striker on big wages. We''d be chasing our losses.

I don''t like the sound of this much.Anybody know what type of striker he is? Is he mobile/ quick? Used to playing up front on his own or one of a two etc?

I''m not convinced there is much in this, and actually hope it''s not true. It would be a big gamble and records show our board dont do this kind of thng, especially given his age.

I''m kind of hoping that we have actually ''helped'' to leak this story and our apparent interest just to make Forest aware that we are looking at other options. It could then help the Britt Assombalonga deal get concluded.

Although that would be the kind of smart move that I''d associate McNally with!

Think i read somewhere that the much talked about 12 mill release clause has now ended, but anyway, agree with the general consensus of posters that buying McCormack for 13-15 million has way more minus points to it than plus points.Would much rather see a 12 mill or thereabouts bid for Britt A (also think the Bristol City guy is ace, but dont think even 12 mill would persuade them to part with him), failing that, a swoop in the lower divisions or once again back to the European market, which, despite the ridiculousness of to many rumours, did serve us well in January with the likes of Klose and Pinto.For sure though, time now suddenly flies quickly, its only just over 3 weeks to new season kick off, could well be CamJam starting the season as our only proven dedicated striker.

As Bethnal has said there are plenty of other players who can score at this level that will be younger, on lower wages and possibly a smaller fee too. The likes of Wells, Assombalonga or Kodija spring to mind.

Similar record to Jerome''s last season in the championship. If we did go up doubt whether he''s good enough. We could buy some excellent defenders for that money.

With the sort of money thats being suggested that McCormack would cost I agree with some of the other posters that money could be spent better elsewhere, we cant just rely on CJ to score enough goals for us during the championship season i like most people think that Lafferty and RVW will be on their way or should be and therefore i think that we need 2 strikers and rather than pay 13 million on one player that money could go towards 2 strikers that we do with, and thats even if Naismith plays as a centre forward. 

I''d be surprised if there was anything in this, but not disappointed - If he''s the guy we''ve identified as what we want, and can afford him, then I''ll go with that. He''s pretty much the same age as Holt was when we signed him and strikers often mature later and have their best years in the late 20s/early 30s; he''s scored plenty of goals wherever he''s been so could be good for us.

He''s a class act. Age somewhat irrelevant (RVW has little sell on, and young).

We''re after a quality striker, and he''s proved to be one of the most prolific strikers in the Championship over a number of seasons, and even in a poor club.

We need goals and he''d provide that. If we get promoted (a big if at this stage) we can re-evaluate with the Premiership gold on offer. Lets get a proven striker in to spearhead this season, and worry about the future later!

Interesting, this afternoon Tom Bradshaw handed in a transfer request at Walsall and they have reluctantly agreed. Maybe worth a punt? Would cost massively less than McCormack and also much younger.

I''d pay anything up to 15m if we have it and he''d be worth every penny. He doesn''t just score goals, he''s involved in every aspect of Fulham''s play, he leads them from the front, picks the team up when it''s not playing well, organises them etc He''s the leader on the pitch we''ve needed since Holt left. He''s also exciting to watch with great dribbling ability, a great final ball, a solid long range shot etc

If we somehow signed him I''d be cautiously optimistic about him becoming our next Holt/Huckerby type talisman. I wouldn''t worry about his age either, he hasn''t got any pace, he doesn''t play that way, he''d be much better in a top half team that tries to break defences down, like us, than at teams like Leeds/Fulham that would have to sit deeper in games.

Technically a much better forward than Jerome and the closest thing to guaranteed goals at Championship level next season.If we could find the money for him it would be well worth it, goals for us and not for another promotion contender. Possibly even more goals than before as he''ll be focusing on forward duties here, he was doing a bit of everything at struggling Fulham.His game isn''t about physicality or pace so he should be able to maintain what he has for a good number of years.