Sign in to follow this  
pete

Redmond

Just seen Redmond on SSN scoring two goals. Second NR being more direct in two seconds than in 4 seasons at Carrow Rd.

I think he played at the top of a diamond in that game, to be fair thy have a great track record with young players. However he has those moments so I won''t read to much into it. Annoyance aside if saints can get get another say 25% out of him consistency wise we could be in for a nice fat cut on the future transfer.

Like it or not, Redmond has stepped up a level in his career.  He has a fresh start, better players around him and will be better able to play his own game.  Hope to see him being direct and score plenty at Southampton - they can play him that way all the time, we could not.

Oh to think we left Southampton in Division 3 and now look at them! Still we have 20 years of Delia behind us and ahead!

Great for Redmond, he needed to move on to further his talent, we don''t have the funds to build the squad like Southampton and as you say Lakey, he should flourish this year, can see him breaking into the senior England squad this year.

Really glad for the lad. Sometimes frustrating to watch in a Norwich shirt but only because he showed so much promise and you always willed him to succeed. One of my favourite players, and I''ll keep on supporting him at Southampton. Nice squad they''ve got there.

Yes Indy, we left them in div3 when they only just missed promotion despite a 10 point penalty and had just acquired a billionaire owner who actually cared about the club so that''s a great stick you''ve found there....

I suspect this will be the first of weekly threads about how Nathan is playing similar to those about RVW at St.Etienne and Real Betis except for the fact we will be informed of a few goals.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]I suspect this will be the first of weekly threads about how Nathan is playing similar to those about RVW at St.Etienne and Real Betis except for the fact we will be informed of a few goals.[/quote]Maybe, but at least in the case of Redmond it will be more of a celebration than anything.  Anyone that scores and celebrates like he did against Ipswich and then at Wembley is always going to be remembered with affection.   

[quote user="cornish sam"]Yes Indy, we left them in div3 when they only just missed promotion despite a 10 point penalty and had just acquired a billionaire owner who actually cared about the club so that''s a great stick you''ve found there....[/quote]

If I want to use a stick I will, we did leave them behind and with a different attitude by our owners it might have been us instead of Southampton to have been invested in, who knows.

Just because some people love our current owners doesn''t mean they are right or wrong, I respect them but don''t believe they are as great as some on here want us to believe.

Anyhow that aside great for Redders to have moved up a level in class should do him good.

The abuse you and those who don''t regard Delia as faultless from her supporters is, to a much lesser extent, rather akin to what dissenting Labour MPs get from Corbyn''s fanatical hard left supporters trolling them.

With regards to Nathan he will receive coaching of a much higher quality than what he got here. Hopefully Irvine will improve this aspect of the club''s performance.

There are better owners and there are worse owners out there, just because I don''t fall into the older streriotypical Norwich fan and their love fest for her doesn''t mean I don''t respect what she''s done in part.

Who knows if she wasn''t so headstrong we might have moved forward with investment or we could have gone backwards! Risk and reward.

I''m not sure how good Irvine is or how he will improve our coaching, his time in the premiership has mostly been with youth players at Everton, given the quality in their ranks maybe he would have been a good fit to oversee our Cat 1 coaching?

Time will tell.

[quote user="Crafty Canary"]The abuse you and those who don''t regard Delia as faultless from her supporters is, to a much lesser extent, rather akin to what dissenting Labour MPs get from Corbyn''s fanatical hard left supporters trolling them.

With regards to Nathan he will receive coaching of a much higher quality than what he got here. Hopefully Irvine will improve this aspect of the club''s performance.[/quote]

I think most are sensible enough to realise that all owners have their faults, why do you think that some think she''s faultless? I''ve never seen a post saying that.As for Southampton, they''ve done better than us since we were both in the third tier but there are others who''ve done worse than us but then we don''t get posts about them do we?

We got £12m for the guy, decent business. Scoring a couple of goals against a mid table Dutch side in a preseason friendly is hardly the same as in the PL, but good luck to him.

He''s been half-a-yard either side of being brilliant since he first stepped out for us. I''ll be pleased for him if he finds ''it'', he''s a nice lad.

However, he blows hot and cold as the tides come and go, we know this. Let''s wait and see during the season.

Branston Pickle wrote the following post at 24/07/2016 12:04 PM:

We got £12m for the guy, decent business. Scoring a couple of goals against a mid table Dutch side in a preseason friendly is hardly the same as in the PL, but good luck to him.

Disagree, we undervalued him, I don''t know why we let him go so cheap.

For the record I don''t think that the owners can do no wrong but do value the fact that they seem to genuinely love the club and do what they think is best for it in the long run (which may or may not be correct).

The point I was making was that it is unfair to compare us to Southampton just because we were in div 3 at the same re, our respective situations were and are vastly different. If we had a fan who happened to be a multibillionaire and want to buy the club I''m sure that Delia and Winny would sell up.

Agree with Branston. Let''s see how many he scores next season before you all get carried away. Even Ricky managed a few in Holland.