Sign in to follow this  
Dr Greenthumb

Today's game

Listed on Watch Soccer (stream2watch) but rumoured that Merkel will block transmission if Theresa May doesn''t kiss her feet ............

[quote user="OzzieBudgie"]What time is kick off?[/quote] Good question. The EDP said 5:00pm but Watch Soccer was dying "Starts in 2 hours" ten minutes ago. My guess would be 5:00pm local time, 4:00pm BST, 3:00pm UTC/GMT.

Its being streamed on this very website.
Not overly impressed with Neils team selection.
TEAM: Rudd; Thompson, Bennett, Bassong, Toffolo; Tettey, Dorrans; Ja. Murphy, Maddison, Jo. Murphy; van Wolfswinkel
SUBS: Godfrey, Ramsay, Grant, Middleton, Ashley-Sea

Strange team.

Is it because it is not considered that important in our build up, as with last season when the facilities, environment and setting were considered more important than the actual games, or is this tinkering gone haywire?

Is RVW in the last chance saloon?

Will the youngsters stake heir place in the final squad?

This is tinkering gone haywire imo. Only 3/4 regulars in the squad?
With only three more run outs after this before the season kicks off I would have thought he would be looking for his best starting 11.
I can only imagine the logic is to filter down the fringe players to stake their claim in the first team. Which I guess makes sense.

I''m assuming we''ll see the first choice 11 on Sat, this looks very much like the reserves to me.

Just watched the first 15 minutes or so and to watch RVW playing up front on his own was making my eyes bleed. There is a chat going on and somebody said he was at Peterborough where RVW made some good runs it is just he is no good on the ball and cannot finish ! Jesus wept. [:$]

We haven''t learnt any lessons. I''m watching RVW and he is making himself available but in the wrong places. We''re too stretched from midfield to up front, and we''re not closing down quick enough. Defensively we look a shambles.

Oh and we''ve just conceded from a deep cross into the box. Who''d have seen that coming?!

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]It''s a pre-season kick about, anyone who reads much into it is a bit daft.[/quote]

This. Jesus Christ it''s a pre season friendly. The season Newcastle walked the league, they lost 6-1 to Orient in a friendly.

Agreed it''s pretty meaningless, but if we had been playing free flowing and attacking football and been two or three up a lot would have likely been read into it.

As it is ......

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]It''s a pre-season kick about, anyone who reads much into it is a bit daft.[/quote]Kick about is an over statement.So I''m reading - we can''t pass, we can''t cross, we''re not fluid, we haven''t got a striker who can score or gets a chance to score and our defence gives away silly goals.I might be a bit daft but it all looks horribly familiar to me.

I''m liking the little bits here and there from Maddison. Got the potential to be a really exciting player.