Sign in to follow this  

Incase anyone''s wondering what this thread is about, Michael Bailey has suggested in an article this morning that Jez Moxey is favourite to become the new NCFC Chairman...

Just no. Would rather have Jez Corbyn...I know a lot of Wolves fans have been laughing at this man for years at his appalling leadership, press conferences, dealings in the transfer market etc. If he ends up with us serious questions have to be asked of a) the board b) the recruitment firm we have used.

Experienced, street-wise, dominant (like McNally) and not afraid to sack ''em (Mick McCarthy for one.)

Decent antidote for the "Lil ol'' Norwich" brigade.

He''ll do.

(Perhaps he has a few more Chinese trillionaires up his sleeve should Delia''s hold become a bit shaky.)

Every Wolves fan will tell you sacking Mick McCarthy was the worst thing Wolves ever did. Only decent thing he did was got good money for Jarvis, and Fletcher. That aside he was in charge of 15 years of mediocracy with dwindling crowds, and a club going nowhere. Would rather see a big name from business (a couple of whom I know have applied) rather than someone at the tail end of their career with little motivation.

Agreed Punting. In 16 odd years he''s hardly had Wolves punching above their weight has he? Underwhelming, to say the least

"Every Wolves fan will tell you sacking Mick McCarthy was the worst thing Wolves ever did."

Weren''t they baying for McCarthy''s blood at the time having just lost a crucial home game to West Brom ... the worst crime a Wolves manager could ever commit?

Having said that the subsequent appointment of the hapless, win-dodging Terry Connor as interim manager doesn''t throw Moxey in a good light at all. Shades of Adams'' appointment there.

''Streetwise, Dominant, Experienced, Not afraid to sack ''em''

All well and good Broadstairs (and fulfils the wannabe Tony Soprano) but is that really the extent of what we have to look forward to - ''dominant and streetwise''? Wow. Don''t know about anyone else but I''d prefer results on and off the Carrow Rd pitch rather than an edgy personality...

Re the sacking of McCarthy those Wolves fans who know something about the game knew that he was actually doing ok with a bang average bunch of players. The appointments after him were horrific.

What was the full story over their new stand? Did it remain half built for a while, for some reason? If so, what role did Moxey play in that? (thinking money management etc)

He''s beginning to sound quite awful, a cross between a New York gangster and Neil Doncaster at his worst, with shades of the Donald Trump diplomacy style thrown in for good measure.

Completely assassinated and we haven''t even reached the end of the first page.

Oh well!

Start again.

How much are we paying these headhunters?

"What was the full story over their new stand? Did it remain half built for a while, for some reason? If so, what role did Moxey play in that? (thinking money management etc)"

I sat in it once when they had McGarry as manager and Keelan got a nasty injury hitting against a post.

They had forgotten to move the pitch after the new stand was built and we were miles away from the action. The Hawthorns pitch was nearer.

That was well before Moxey''s time though, if we''re talking about the same stand.

Why do you think ''He''s beginning to sound awful'' Broadstairs?

It isn''t just because it''s Wolves. Is it how the media and Wolves fans, portray him, or are people making it up?

It maybe only now that people realise how good McNally was in those 6 of 7 years. Impossible to get every managerial appointment correct, and it would be irrational to expect a 100% success record, but I still think David had a pretty good record in that respect - especially when you compare it to Jez Moxey''s over 16 odd years.

Broadstairs, you may well be right and the likes of myself wrong, but seriously, if the last 16 years at Wolves is the prototype for the future of NCFC then yes I''m quite concerned after things looking up at CR over the summer.

[quote user="Alex "]It maybe only now that people realise how good McNally was in those 6 of 7 years. Impossible to get every managerial appointment correct, and it would be irrational to expect a 100% success record, but I still think David had a pretty good record in that respect - especially when you compare it to Jez Moxey''s over 16 odd years.

Broadstairs, you may well be right and the likes of myself wrong, but seriously, if the last 16 years at Wolves is the prototype for the future of NCFC then yes I''m quite concerned after things looking up at CR over the summer.[/quote]Definitely agree with that.However the CEO works for the board in day to day running of the club, and doesn''t necessarily take the bigger decisions on his own, so if the club has a direction they want to go in, the CEO will have to buy into it.

"Reported in the Birmingham Mail he is coming but not for up to 3 months."

Does that mean my ''give Alex Neil ten games to redeem himself'' rule goes out of the window then?

A lot of important things can happen in these three crucial months.

He''ll probably change his mind once he discovers the PinkUn site though.

He''s absolutely loathed be Wolves fans, but does have considerable experience in football, something we require. Jury''s out for me on this one.

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]"What was the full story over their new stand? Did it remain half built for a while, for some reason? If so, what role did Moxey play in that? (thinking money management etc)"

I sat in it once when they had McGarry as manager and Keelan got a nasty injury hitting against a post.

They had forgotten to move the pitch after the new stand was built and we were miles away from the action. The Hawthorns pitch was nearer.

That was well before Moxey''s time though, if we''re talking about the same stand.[/quote]

Was that when the goal collapsed and fell on Keelan?

No Broadstairs, I''m talking about the one that has just been built over the last few years, and seemed unfinished/unopened etc, for a considerable time. (As you look at it on the TV cameras, it is the one behind the left hand goal)

[quote user="Ron Manager"]He''s absolutely loathed be Wolves fans, but does have considerable experience in football, something we require. Jury''s out for me on this one.[/quote]Lots seemed to hate McNally though, so "as you were" really.