Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Goal targets

To get promoted we are going to need a lot of goals this season.  Probably 90, at least. If the players below are the main players this season - what can we expect from them in terms of goals? Maybe - Jerome - 15Naismith - 10Other striker  (new, Lafferty/RVW/Morris etc) - 10Jo Murphy  -  5Canos - 10Hoolahan - 5 Howson - 5Tettey - 3Mulmbu - 3Brady if he stays - 5Maddison - 5 Defenders, 2 a piece - 8Others - 6Quite hard to imagine the spread of goals but we got 88 last time in the championship so the above are going to have to pull their fingers out to get us where we need to be!

And optimistic, but would be great to retain this until end of season just to see how they all perform

Looking back at previous seasons its the goals for/against ratio that is a better guide2/1 will get you automatic promotion3/2 will generally get you into the play offs

way too early for this.. as we don''t know he is yet to leave / come in..

Plus - i''m not sure how so many players can get so many goals. For example Maddison - how many games do you expect him to play? I''d be surprised if he makes 5 apps let alone getting 5 goals..

Common Tilly, when have Norwich ever kept 46 cleans sheets?? 4.6 would be a record I think!😝😝

[quote user="Ron Manager"]Common Tilly, when have Norwich ever kept 46 cleans sheets?? 4.6 would be a record I think!😝😝[/quote]I am just a happy clapper really Ron. [:P]

Bored....maybe, stupid...maybe, but I don''t think there''s any harm in trying to see where goals are going to come from this season.  From what I can see from just looking at the possibilities, the player who is key looks to be whoever plays in the striker role with or instead of Jerome - that 10-15 goal player that Hooper was for us last time or even like Grabban.   If we don''t get McCormack, someone is going to have to step up, because the chances are that anyone else brought in as a striker is not going to be able to guarantee goals like he could.   Hooper was a key player last time and if we don''t have that quality at least off the bench we could struggle.  Morris, Lafferty or RVW could have a role to play yet, but unless Wes suddenly starts scoring more, or one of the youngsters really takes off, then the strikers we have better get their scoring boots on.

[quote user="wTIL 1010"][quote user="Ron Manager"]Common Tilly, when have Norwich ever kept 46 cleans sheets?? 4.6 would be a record I think!😝😝[/quote]I am just a happy clapper really Ron. [:P][/quote]

So that makes me a nappy crapper then??😱😱

I can now see why Morty continually derides your posts absolutely pointless post. Unless it was posted to attract derision if it was job done.

[quote user="pete"]I can now see why Morty continually derides your posts absolutely pointless post. Unless it was posted to attract derision if it was job done.[/quote]Any thoughts about where the goals are coming from this season?  If not, what are you doing on this thread?  And if the the thread doesn''t do anything for you...IGNORE IT. Simples.

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="pete"]I can now see why Morty continually derides your posts absolutely pointless post. Unless it was posted to attract derision if it was job done.[/quote]Any thoughts about where the goals are coming from this season?  If not, what are you doing on this thread?  And if the the thread doesn''t do anything for you...IGNORE IT. Simples.

[/quote]Spot on.If LDC doesn''t float your boat don''t look at his posts.Not exactly rocket science......

I think this is a very valid thread LDC.

Goal scoring-wise it builds a picture of what we expect from whom; seems any potential new striker will do well to match Cameron Jerome let alone surpass him. By breaking down the potential contribution player-by-player you''ve just highlighted the validity of securing a 20-goal-a-season striker. Sign one and it''s likely to make all the difference...

[quote user="Norfolk Mustard "]I think this is a very valid thread LDC.

Goal scoring-wise it builds a picture of what we expect from whom; seems any potential new striker will do well to match Cameron Jerome let alone surpass him. By breaking down the potential contribution player-by-player you''ve just highlighted the validity of securing a 20-goal-a-season striker. Sign one and it''s likely to make all the difference...[/quote]

Looking at last championship season, there were four key players who scored more than ten each - Jerome, Grabban,  Hooper and Johnson.  People complained about Grabban and Hooper, yet they were absolutely key to our success.  So as three of those are gone, my thoughts were that if the players we have that were here last time score roughly the same, then the new players are going to have to be the ones that come good and deliver.  Naismith, Maddison, Brady if he stays - and any new striker we get, or even Lafferty or RVW.  You hear of managers giving players targets for a season, I don''t know if AN is the type to do that, but even individual players will have in mind what they need to do.  It could be a season where the spread of goals is more even right through the team, but in reality we will probably need four players to get more than ten goals each.  That will not be easy and any striker that comes in will have to be a success. 

It highlights the need for three strikers to cover injury, suspensiion, loss of form and resting; hooper was clear thrid choice and scored well against the weaker teams while grabban and jerome shared starting duties.

We have just jerome at the moment and at a hopeful punt on rvw for the hooper. So we definitely need a second striker who has pace power and able to play as a lone striker as first or second choice and probably some competition for the third striker role too...