Sign in to follow this  
Hoola Han Solo

Announcement imminent

To be honest Branston, I just hope it is something special as football supporters are a passionate bunch and it''d be a shame if too many folks got their hopes up just to hear we''ve bought some state of the art corner flags.

Couple of people on Twitter think they seem to know, and the news is MASSIVE apparently - hmmmm cue even more massive anti climax then!

Are Ipshite really folding? 😉

People saying ''why would they announce it in the evening news?'' - fair point, but...

Other media may well announce it before, just because the evening news are savvy to it the day before doesn''t mean they''ll be the first to release the news surely. Perhaps there''ll be something in the morning from the club.

Very good and fair point Liquidator, hadn''t thought of that - that''s certainly thrown a cat amongst the pigeons though I''ll still be surprised if its a new signing or similar - got to be the return of the classic yellow goal nets 😉

And congrats on 10 years Eddie, definitely going to get involved on the Rays Funds this season!, hope yourself and family well buddy 👍

David Powles has just tweeted a picture of Klose and said ''''News City fans have been waiting for ''''

I ll try a link lol

[img]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CoL8zXaWEAAKTCf.jpg[/img]

Yep, inclined to agree.

Its good to see the intent of the manager as far as Klose is concerned. But its fairly standard stuff as regards a player we wouldn''t want to lose or wish to sell. AN said similar stuff re.Brady a few days ago and that didn''t go all over Twitter.

I''d have been a lot happier if the statement of intent had come from Klose himself. So yes, its a hopeful read on a Monday morning. But a "get in" moment?

But that''s just me not letting myself get too excited right now.

Onto Coventry then...might start to see the beginnings of a preferred starting XI, incomings not withstanding, guess a back four of Pinto-Bassong-Klose-Olsson isn''t too shabby, at least not at this level.

Thought it would be either Brady or Timm saying they''ll stay for the season at least - think I''ll wait till the end of the transfer window before doing any high fives though 😉

Haha it makes me laugh that Archant actually think this is breaking news. They''re so desperate to break something. It''s not news. In this day and age of football, a player saying he''s staying means nothing. If a decent club comes in, pretty sure he''ll want to go, whether he seems the type to force a move or not.

This news means nothing. It''s not until after the window closes that we can be happy about this, if he''s still our player. If he has a good first half of the season, pretty sure he''ll be off in January anyway. Bit pessimistic but we''ve seen it happen before.

That said RDS7, if we''re doing really well by January then you can guarantee the spirits will be high amongst the players and in the stands, and I see no reason why anyone would leave then if we''re looking good for another instant return to the Premier League - might only be the Championship but players love winning things, as the PO Final demonstrated!. So, personally I''d be very optimistic if we can keep our best players once the summer window shuts, but of course that will depend how we look come January, which all being well will be great! 👍

In fairness I don''t think Archant were really bigging this up too much. One reporter (not even on the sports desk) saw it and was pleased. It picked up some Twitter momentum as it seemed to link in with the McCormack news. Isn''t Archant''s fault if everyone builds it up in their head to something it isn''t.

As for whether it is important, it''s hard to tell. What is noticeable is the very different language Alex Neil is using with Brady and Klose. AN is almost talking as if Brady has already gone while he talks about Klose much more positively.

Unless Klose sets his agents off to find him a new club and kicks off a stink I can''t see him leaving. Whilst he had some good games last season and was a vast improvement for Norwich''s defence, I can see other clubs still being a little wary. Klose didn''t look great in a few games (Villa most notably) and clubs will want to have a better look at him before committing a big fee.

No one is going to be able to get him on the cheap or particularly easily - it would most likely be a long drawn out deal as Norwich try to hold onto him and he has to submit a transfer request etc etc. As a Prem club, I reckon most of them would back themselves to be able to find a better defender for less, and with less hassle, elsewhere.

Alex Neil quote:

"No one has come in and offered any money for Timm."

Wonder if that changes as a result of Archant’s “attention all clubs” advert.

Offers invited for Swiss international centre back.

Fully recovered from knee injury, good runner, fit and ready to go.

Experienced 28-year-old.

Premiership quality, loyal and hard working.

Bournemouth looking for a new CB, what odds on him wearing Red & Black by the end of August?

Not really any news but great that he appears happy to stay with us.

Don''t get the negativity here, this is great news.

Wasn''t expecting timm to leave anyway but hearing these words from AN is reassuring.

Would look stupid if we sold him before January at least now

This is great news as he is obviously a player AN wants to build his team around and i admire the determination of both Timm and AN to make it a good news day for us City fans but at the end of the day i would have been disappointed had Klose who was signed for a big fee and obviously given a very decent contract and wages wanted to walk away only having arrived six months ago and has spent half that time in the treatment room.Onwards and upwards from now on in  hopefully.