Sign in to follow this  
Hoola Han Solo

Announcement imminent

Not McCormack or a new CEO. Nor is it a 4th kit.

My sources are telling me that it''s big news, and Carrow Road will never be the same again.

The HUGE announcement coming tomorrow is... SEVENTEEN BRAND NEW HOTPLATES BEING INSTALLED IN THE CONCOURSES. Never again will it be said "This sausage roll is lukewarm, I wish it were piping hot".

Laughed at the "finally signed Linvoy Primus" tweetIs this going to be as bad as that Norfolk Showground announcement 7/8 years ago that turned out to be a new sponsor?

Dont think its a new player or new ceo because wouldnt'' the club announce them before the EEN??

Sounds exciting though cant wait to get my een tomorrow

The only signing I think it could be is Danny Ings on loan. That''d be enough of a coup for them to be tweeting like that, and I can''t think there''d be very many people unhappy with that signing. Would also be enough of a coup by the club for someone to shout their mouth off before the official announcement.

I suspect it will be the CEO though. It''s back page news which means it''s not investment (as that would be front page news presumably if someone were ploughing tens of millions in) plus Steve Stone didn''t make any noises (from what I''ve read on here) that would indicate investment were forthcoming.

Actually, on second thoughts, I think Mr Klose has probably signed a new contract. A player signing would already be being talked about in other media outlets so I doubt it''s that. Could be CEO news but the more I think about it, the more I''m sure it''s Klose related. It just makes sense.

C''mon folks, let''s be very real here - the EDP won''t be announcing a new signing before Norwich City Football Club do! Never in a million years! Clever stuff from them, it''ll get people talking etc but I can''t help but feel there''s going to be some proper moans on here after the ''event'' 😉

My guess is the yellow goal nets are back, which would of course be great! 👍

I can see a few ways this pans out.

One, it''s an announcement like yellow nets or the like being used to sell papers and we all end up buying lots but learning little.

Two, it''s a repeat of Mackail-Smithgate and someone at the paper thinks they''ve got an inside line on something about to happen.

Either that or it turns out that McGovern has undergone experimental surgery in a desperate bid to out-shoot Ruddy for the number one shirt, making him the exact size and shape of a football goal.

Pretty sure they wouldn''t make such a big deal over the colour of our nets. Hope not anyway. Fairly sure this is contract related news.

Could be Klose related, or Brady maybe. Can''t think it would be anyone else re: contract extension that would warrant a universal ''get in'' moment.

If it''s f***ing Moxey then the only "get in" moment I''ll have is "getting in" the car, and laying snare traps all the way up the A14 to ensure he never even gets as close as Cambridge!

Don''t worry KIO, I''m sure they know the Moxey appointment certainly wouldn''t be a universal high five amongst City supporters. Sounds jokey more than anything, something to shift a few papers - just hope for their sakes that it really is great news for us or I can see one hell of a backlash on social media from those that use it...

One train of thought I''ve had is, given this was the first day back since the players and staff arrived home, well that would link in with info from that side of the club. Can''t for the life in me see it being new player or contract news before the club announce it - that just won''t happen, no chance! But I wouldn''t be totally surprised if Brady has said he wants to stay this season and fight for promotion, or something along those lines with a popular player currently on the books?

It does seem a bit odd - why is it in the EEN rather than EDP where you''d be able to keep it more under wraps until publication, if it is a ''big'' thing. A contract signing is possible, but wouldn''t that come from the club? I can''t help think it is a bit of a ''meh'' moment that they are just bigging up for some reason, but happy to be wrong!