Sign in to follow this  
DDD In The Fine City

Match day bottle bar

Presumably that''s Galway''s brand font? In which case, we can''t really do anything about it.

We''ve obviously pushed the boat out with our new sponsor , 3 shops in Western Ireland and now one in the UK.

Hope this isn''t a Sir Philip Green scenario

PS We can always see if Dave''s Hot Dog stall is still interested if the coffee goes cold

You''d have thought so DDD. It''s like the Aviva logo/kit scenario but I hardly think that Galway Roast are paying us anywhere near the same level!

We can''t change their branding but you''d think we''d be able to influence other factors with the signage.

I bet that the Galway roast sponsorship is quite a lucrative deal for the club, haven''t seen the signage but am looking forward to the coffee shop, love a latte

Been announced tonight that the Barclay will only be serving "hot drinks" at half time.

No change there then.

Bog off!!! Sometimes the three pint half time is the only way through it!!!!!!!!

DDD knows this from the Man C 7-0 Norwich away game. They stayed open to ease our pain.

And they didn''t even need the money..........

Since I get to Carrow Road once in a blue moon is that little coffee stall/cart still going to be there. I think it was on one the corners of the Jarrold stand.

[quote user="KiwiScot"]Since I get to Carrow Road once in a blue moon is that little coffee stall/cart still going to be there. I think it was on one the corners of the Jarrold stand.[/quote]

That little coffee cart is now Galway Roast

Maybe instead of clappers before big games they can give everyone a free coffee to raise the atmosphere!

Be a bit gutted if it is gone- right outside my entrance to the Jarrold and can usually get a seat to have a beer and watch the end of the early kick off match too. I don''t want a coffee.

It is currently being refurbished, not sure if it will remain as the bottle bar.

[quote user="Ron Manager"]It is currently being refurbished, not sure if it will remain as the bottle bar.[/quote]It certainly needs it Ron as from day one it looked a typical barrow boy here today and gone tomorrow affair and reminded me of one of those christmas decorations shops that pop up in the city centre for a week or so every year. Had about as much atmosphere as the moon.

Maybe that''s the case Mr Tilson, but I use it regularly and I certainly don''t go there for the ambience.

It''s convenient, low overheads, more profit.

I don''t think it really needed much atmosphere- it''s a convenient spot for a quick drink and a watch of the early kick off before heading into the Jarrold. If I wanted atmosphere there are plenty of great pubs around.

It is going to remain the 1902 bottle bar for those interested.