Sign in to follow this  
Norwich City Fans Social Club

Fans Forum With our Interim Chief Executive Steve Stone

[quote user="Alex "]Cheers Tilly, that''s interesting - of course, I''m not surprised by that, just really surprised he was so open about it in the manner he did, taking the pi55 about him having another 4 years left too! With confirmation that it wouldn''t matter if for some bizarre reason Ricky hit a hatful this season, we can finally put his future to bed once and for all (though good luck to the lad, I wish him well) 👍[/quote]Don''t get too excited Alex.....It''s true SS said it will be RVW''s last season but I don''t think he meant '' will '' in that sense. We all know there''s more chance of England winning a World Cup than RVW banging in the goals for Norwich but should that happen you can never say never.

Crikey ASMS... The RvW plot thickens! Cheers for clarifying though, I wonder, could the unthinkable happen this season? 🤔

No fisticuffs. No needle. Norwich fans all in the same room listening with interest.

http://www.alongcomenorwich.com/article-archive/no-stone-unturned

Can someone make this link work please? I''m trying hard, just hope it''s interesting and comprehensive for those who didn''t attend.

[quote user="Duncan Edwards"]No fisticuffs. No needle. Norwich fans all in the same room listening with interest.

[/quote]

Apart from one absurd attempt at making someone look stupid. The drunk fella on the microphone talking about the clubs wallet being empty, aimed at the retired police man.

Cringey.

[quote user="Gerry Joss"][quote user="Duncan Edwards"]No fisticuffs. No needle. Norwich fans all in the same room listening with interest.

[/quote]

Apart from one absurd attempt at making someone look stupid. The drunk fella on the microphone talking about the clubs wallet being empty, aimed at the retired police man.

Cringey.[/quote]

Blimey Jerry, That''s your tenth post in nine and a half years. You must be one of the outer circle, folks.

I have an idea who the retired policeman might be, but who was the other guy? Anyone we know?

Morty might know who that guy at the back was who asked about the wallet as he was standing and chatting to him

To be perfectly honest, the moment being referred to was taken in good heart and was more about establishing that we do now have money to go to war with.

I think everybody accepted that and the rumours of empty wallets were somewhat approved by Steve Stone but also dismissed.

Yes, as a business we try to ensure that we don''t get taxed on excesses of cash come the end of the financial year but by the same token, parachute payments have been delivered earlier this year than before to try and prevent those waiting being in a detrimental position.

So perhaps the wallet was empty, but it''s a damned sight fuller than it was the last time we were in this position.

Most tellingly, we ended the last summer window with cash that we wanted to spend but didn''t. Steve Stone is doing his best to ensure that this doesn''t happen again.

It seems we''re learning. I think we''re all behind that.

I''ll throw it out there and say I expect us to break out transfer record in the coming days/weeks. I only hope we spend it better than we did on RVW/Hooper.

Klose staying has to be the best news of the week.

[quote user="Duncan Edwards"]To be perfectly honest, the moment being referred to was taken in good heart [/quote]

Good heart? I saw it as an opportunity to show somebody up in public to be honest.

If you believe it to have been "taken in good heart" that''s probably a credit to the guy on the receiving end. It was a cheap shot, I''ve been observing this board from a far for many years, its as clear as day that it was a personal attack.

If it was I,that was the brunt of it he (the slightly intoxicated man who appears to have been with our very own morty) would have been wearing my pint.

Oooh drink throwing!!! That would have spiced things up. Would you have backed it up with a Peggy Mitchell "Get aaaaaahhhttttermyyyyyyyy clubbbb"?

Look, you clearly had your take on it, I spoke to Til1010 afterwards and he never mentioned it and neither did I. Perhaps my assumption that he took it in good heart is wide of the mark and he went home and cried himself to sleep but I somehow doubt it.

Anyway, I hope he wasn''t offended because it seems as though you took enough umbrage for everyone👍🏻

E hard? Surely that''s pot kettle. Isn''t that on par with mic hard?

I''m not offended just giving my take on it. An opinion. On a forum. Who''d have thought it. But if that doesn''t conform to the forum polices agenda, I can expect to be set upon.

Funny how the "wallet is empty" jibe has dried up.

Good day to one and all.

Pictures are now on the website www.ncfsc.co.uk

Enjoy and thanks again for all the support

And how come my name is all over this, I didn''t even ask the question?

It has dried up because it got boring.

Well, the "wallet jibe" has dried up because the question as to whether there was anything in it was comprehensively answered by Steve Stone at the forum you attended.

Did you ask any questions?

[quote user="morty"]it got boring.[/quote]

Didn''t have you down as self aware.

And Duncan, a broad range of questions were asked which to be honest, covered what I may have asked.

Stone Cold Steve came across extremely well and to be honest, I wouldn''t be too disappointed if he got shot of the interim tag.

Disappointed not to win the raffle 😞 But again. Great night 👍🏽

I didn''t see this until now, if you had taken such exception to my question about the wallet being empty you certainly didn''t voice it to my face when you had the chance, but then again if you had decided to throw your pint at me I guess you already know what would have happened, yet again another keyboard warrior from the pink un that goes quiet when they get the chance haha

And I did win the raffle so unlucky ha

[quote user="DDD In The Fine City"]I didn''t see this until now, if you had taken such exception to my question about the wallet being empty you certainly didn''t voice it to my face when you had the chance, but then again if you had decided to throw your pint at me I guess you already know what would have happened, yet again another keyboard warrior from the pink un that goes quiet when they get the chance haha

And I did win the raffle so unlucky ha[/quote]

I merely put my head in my hands and felt sorry for you. But the evening wasn''t about myself so I didn''t try and the claim centre spot that some of those in the room so badly craved. Stay off the Hooch.

Trying to belittle someone like that is uncalled for. Unfortunately for you the response you were seeking wasn''t what you got. How do I pen your phrase you and your sidekick so often use....

"It was just another stick" to beat the old fella with.

Well done on the raffle. Hope it wasn''t edible, obesity is a real issue nowadays.