Sign in to follow this  
Thecanaryfan

Favorite player poll - Top 5.

[quote user="im spartacus"]Cannot believe holty isn''t in everyone''s top 5, there cannot have been a player in our history who took us on such a journey and contributed so much . Captain - leader - legend.[/quote]

The OP did ask for top 5 in the current squad so can understand Holt not being in them all....

Current players OP?

Oh that''s somewhat more difficult as they are a fairly homogeneous lot with none really standing out and none comparable with any of the many great names from the past that have been selected above.

Nathan Redmond was mine because he was the most obvious match-winner on his day, but he wasn''t always on his day.

I liked old Mbokani too for the casual way he slotted in and got on with the job, with a hint of class. We might have got more from him had he not been subject to hokey-cokey selection.

Neither of these are current now though, which highlights the problem.

Jonny Howson is turning into Mr. Undroppable whilst never really being capable of taking a game by the scruff of it''s neck. Perhaps he''ll become more dominant now he''s back in the Chumps, but he''s no Graham Paddon, Martin O''Neill or Ian Crook and nobody''s a Martin Peters.

Jerome''s casual class shone at times in the Championship but his sharp-shooting was irritating and poor at the higher level. His disallowed goal against Palace though could have been amongst our goals of the season.

There''s something to like about Alex Tettey, but he''s probably more glass than class.

Favourite as opposed to best? There''s only one really and that''s the much maligned Russel Martin. He''s the latest in a long line of ''Mr Norwich''s'' and although, according to some, he should never have been allowed in the Yellow in the first place he will no doubt be at the forefront of our assault upon one of those promotion places in the season to come, or the scapegoat should we fail.

As for the rest? As I said, nobody stands out like the many class acts of the past.

@although, ''according to some, he should never have been allowed in the Yellow in the first place''

Literally nobody has said that.

All-time (been attending regularly since 1988):5. Eadie4. Gunn3. Crook2. Huckerby1. HoltCurrent players:5. Tettey4. Olsson3. Howson2. Hoolahan1. Klose

I like Klose. Seems like a decent bloke. But I don''t understand the absolute love in he seems to be getting here and on Twitter etc. He''s barely played for us yet people are calling for him to be our lord and saviour and captain. What am I missing?

Hoping for a few more stand out players this season, very flat last time around.1 Howson 2 Tettey3 Pinto4 Klose5 Canos - Not seen much of him but from what I have he will move up this list quickly

1 , Hucks

2, Ashton,

3, Fleck ( 1st time ),

4,sutton

5 Disco Dale Gordon

All could make things happen when we were attacking

Neither in any particular order

Current

Klose

Wes

Tettey

Brady

Jerome

All time

Keelan

Eadie

Sutton

Crook

Drinkell

damnable editless forum

Hucks is in there; very forgetful of me, knocks crook out of the top 5.

Interesting how many people pick Klose after only 4 or 5 good games for the club. But then who is to say where you draw the line?

I have Howson and Tettey a distance ahead of the rest.

Favourite players in no particular order ~

Current ~

Howson

Klose

Hoolahan

Pinto

Olsson

All time ~

Gunn

Newsome

Svensson

Huckerby

Holt

Best current players:

Klose

Hoolahan

Naismith

Martin

Olsson

Best previous seen:

Bellamy (most focused on success)

Holt (talismanic qualities)

Huckerby (most exciting)

Crook (best passer)

Libbra (best moment)

Parma 🇮🇹🍝🏆👌👏❤️

Started following 88/89

All time in no particular order:

Holt

Huckerby

Ruel Fox

Culverhouse

Hoolahan (pondered Crook)

Current crop:

Tettey

Olsson

Hoolahan

Howson

Maddison (high hopes over next 3 seasons!)

If we ''re talking about current players mine would be

Wes

Klose

Pinto

Brady

Jerome

Delighted that Parma has mentioned Bellamy.

Yes, Peters is undoubtedly our best ever player, the World Cup medal indicates that. For all that Iwan and Holt were undoubtedly club legends and the excitement of Eadie, Huckster, Fox and Gordon gave us entertainment and quality, Craig Bellamy is the best we''ve produced.

Not everybody''s cup of tea but simply the best player to come through our youth system. Quick, decisive and a real finisher. Iwan is a thoroughly excellent professional, played at international level and speaks of Craig in glowing, as well as some questionable, terms.

He''d make my all time team and I''d struggle to pair him up, Roberts, Ashton, Sutton, Fleck... My old man would have even more in there but he was the most exciting prospect I''ve ever watched. Our Michael Owen.

Other than that, well....

Holt, of course.

Wes

Ian "land it on a hankie" Crook

Bowen

Culverhouse

Drinkell - goal machine

Flecky

Newsome

Disco

Ruel

Hucks

Ashton

John Dixie Deehan

Gary The Doc

Garry Brooke

Gary Holt

Damien Francis

And even Dickson Etuhu.

Loved them all in their idiosyncratic ways but Bellamy was the one. But for Muscat he could have carried us to the Premier League on Iwan''s lovely big old shoulders.

If we could have just kept him and kept him fit.

Better than Peters? Of course not, but the best I''ve seen in the Canary Yellow.

1. Sold by Chase
2. Sold by Chase
3. Would have been sold by Chase if he''d been there.
4. Would have been sold by Chase if he''d been there.
5. Sold by Chase.