Sign in to follow this  
pete

Mbokani?

Where is Dio? still in Ukraine/Russia still under contract? If not and looking for a club could do worse. Thought he looked good at times last season and would be handful in Championship. Can''t think any other teams would have been impressed with goal return last term. If we cannot get the prolific striker would he happy with Dio provided we can recruit for reasonable cost.

Not even listed in Kyiv''s squad. A shame as he was a good fit for us, but said he wouldn''t drop down to Champ, and also his wages were quite high!

If he''s on a free he''d be a decent signing for a club like Hull or Burnley. Doesn''t need to be your main striker but can certainly do a job at that level.

Didn''t someone on here say that he actually left the club and the country after the Watford match, and thus was unavailable for Everton? Hardly the mentality of someone who''s up for a Championship dogfight. He did well for us, admittedly, but let''s move on.

realistically what''s the point in keeping a player in the team who isn''t going to be available when already relegated. Bamford didn''t feature either I would imagine he told them both thanks and bye!

You''ve got a group of players who are under contract you want to try and retain the next season after dropping to championship so better just letting them have a game.

FTW, I understand we let him go back early.

Speaking of Bamford, what is he up to? Assume yet another loan? Or maybe this time Chelsea will sell him. Decent year with Middlesbro (but last year they did better without him) then non existent spells with Palace and us.

Spends too much time on Twitter reminding us he has a deal with Adidas.

Wasn''t he meant to be on something crazy like 75k a week at Kyiv, of which we paid 30k a week whilst on loan?So if his wage demands were anything like his ''normal'' wage at Kyiv, then he simply wouldn''t be worth it. Also apparently has no appetite or desire to play in the Champs, and whilst his age is also starting to be against him in regards to resale value, but on a free transferr this is far less a concern than it would be if we signed someone like McCormack for 12mil or more.Personally I thought he was only OK in the prem, and whilst he''d obviously be better in the Champs, I still think we can get better for less and younger in the process.

I thought that he had been given a free - presumably to get the wages of the books. He will no doubt want very high wages and beyond our reach I suspect.

I can''t find anything on him being released- I reckon it might be the Kiev have said anyone who wants him can have him without a fee.

[quote user="AJ"]FTW, I understand we let him go back early.[/quote]Thanks for the info, AJ. Either way, as others on this thread have said, I think his wages would be too high plus he will have suitors from top-flight clubs.

We most definitely do not want players like him who tells the club he does not want to play in TC. Hardly got much going for him apart from his bank balance