Sign in to follow this  
Duncan Edwards

Signed A Mox In The Box...GOOD MOVE

I don''t disagree with your sentiment but reading your blog caused me to remember what a total mess I thought they had made of Molineux the last time I went there.

One of the stands seemed to be miles from the pitch.

Their fans have always been a bunch of c...nts.

Totally bizarre article.

You praise him for being involved in the ground redevelopment. That redevelopment has been a total farce and got abandoned after phase 1 (of a 4 phase development). He increased capacity, despite only coming close to filling the ground (and not even THAT close - 1 or 2k away) once in a decade preceding the development. The development cost £18million and added just 2500 extra seats (at £30 a pop, they would have to sell out all 2500 of them for 100 years to recoup the money). The stand they demolished was only 20 years old.

Please explain to me how any of that is good? That''s like saying we should get Stalin in to run the country because he has experience of leadership. Yes Jez redeveloped their ground, and it was an absolute cluster**** from start to finish. I''d rather have someone competent who has never done it before, than someone who has done it and totally screwed it up.

You also say Norwich fans want a strong academy. Yes, I concede the majority too. Do they want it at the expense of players on the field and stewing in midtable mediocrity in the Champs? I would wager not. Saying he developed their academy is only half the argument. Yes he did, but to do that, he spent absolutely naff all on players and the Wolves fans had to endure the likes of McCarthy''s hoofball for their most "glorious" spell under his stewardship.

Try all you like, but you can''t polish a turd pal.

I have spent all these years hating Wolves going back to when Keelan had the goalposts crash down on him through the years they had the likes of Richards and Bull playing for them and in recent times through the Muscat episode and the play off semis in 2002 and my observations has always been a $hit place to live full of awful fans but a decent stadium since the redevelopment. No decent pubs anywhere in sight for visiting fans and a thoroughly uninspiring away day all round.I know didderley squat about them apart from that and don''t know any Wolves fan but i now find that numerous posters on here have been following them avidly through the Moxey years and are experts on all things Wolverhampton Wanderers.Mind you their rendition of Jeff Becks hi Ho Silver lining is pretty impressive.Only on the Pink Un but hey that is what makes this the best football fan site by a country mile for Norwich City FC.

😂

Not impressed then? That''s all good "pal". I didn''t think I''d particularly gone over the top with praise..

Anyway, not trying to polish a turd, though if I was it wouldn''t be any more or less ridiculous than writing him off as, erm, turd before he''s been fitted for his club suit.

Still, if he''s that bad it''ll keep Delia out of the firing line for a few more years. 👍👍👍

Who really knows Crafty? Certainly not me. I''ll give him a chance though.

Sorry Til, wasn''t professing to be an expert on Wolves at all, just seen that he''s been involved in a few things there - apparently with varying degrees of success - that have been quite vibrant topics of conversation here.

I''m not sure where you can get accurate info on transfer spending over the years, but I''ve just looked at www.transferleague.co.uk Not sure how accurate their figures are, but they show that in the 16 years that Moxey has been at Wolves, their spending has been higher than ours in 11 of those seasons.

[quote user="Duncan Edwards"]Who really knows Crafty? Certainly not me. I''ll give him a chance though.

Sorry Til, wasn''t professing to be an expert on Wolves at all, just seen that he''s been involved in a few things there - apparently with varying degrees of success - that have been quite vibrant topics of conversation here.[/quote]Not aimed at you mate but more at those popping up on the other Moxey thread professing to know the in and outs of Wolves transfers and ground redevelopment under his reign etc.Mind you he sold Akinbyi to Leicester for £5.5 million , Jarvis for £7.5 million and Fletcher for £12 million so i suggest we get him here quick as he should be able to shift Ricky and Lafferty for about £5 million each based on that. Anyway my source for those figures before you ask was someone on a Wolves forum. [:P]

"The development cost £18million and added just 2500 extra seats (at £30 a pop, they would have to sell out all 2500 of them for 100 years to recoup the money)"

Sorry, I don''t wanna pick holes in anyones argument really but I don''t think this is correct?

2500 x 30 = 75,000

75,000 goes into 18 million 240 times. 23 home fixtures a season excluding cup and friendlies means the revenue will be earned back in just over 10 years as a worst case scenario, no?

And over the 100 years you mention the return is 172,500,000 based on my cigarette packet maths

I''m no mathematician, ignore me if I''m talking carp

I don''t know enough about him and Wolves'' circumstances to hazard a guess as to if he''ll be good or not.

Dealing in facts though, in Nov 2015 he was voted business chief executive of the year in the Championship. He is on the board of directors for the football league.

The above suggests he''s well respected within football - let''s hope there''s a reason for that!

British Rail - wrong type of leaves on the track

Motley Crue - cancelled a gig at Wembley arena due to snow on the roof!

My bad liquidator - I added an extra zero into my sums somewhere. However, I would add that this is presuming those seats are full every single game. As they average 20k crowds in a 30k stadium, I would wager the 100 years to repay will be closer than the 10 years :D