Sign in to follow this  
ncfc2012

jez moxey new chief executive then

Good appointment, think he will do well here. The importance of having found such an experienced guy is huge, and it bodes well for the future.

Yellow and green, yours was a balanced post, but it was entirely on the assumption that everything good and bad during Moxey''s time as CEO was attributable solely to him.

I am not an expert on how Wolves, for example, has been run, but I very much doubt, with the powerful and financially clued-in owner they had, that Moxey just did what he liked.

He almost certainly had to work within parameters set by the owner, but - as with Norwich City - unless you are really in the loop (and the vast majority of fans are not) I suspect it is impossible to be sure where ultimate responsibility lies for a CEO''s track record.

I am sure that applies with us to Doncaster and McNally - that the picture is more complicated than a simple Good or Bad.

I remain very skeptical about this. Our CEO leads the hunt for new managers and then gets board approval, that''s how we operated with McNally. If Mick McCarthy and Kenny Jackett is the best he could find in 16 years at a bigger club than us then...well, I mean that says it all really.

We could be changing how we approach managers and as much as I like the rest of our board as people I don''t want them any more involved in the search for a manager.

Hopefully, fingers crossed AN will be here for the next 5-10 years and Moxey learns a few tips on man management and stops delegating blame downwards, that way we should be alright!

I''d agree with a lot of what''s been mentioned about how much influence Moxey has actually had over things like managerial appointments, it''s often a collective boardroom decision rather than one person calling the shots.What might prove decisive is what Moxey brings to the board in terms of strategy, and crucially his ability to change the board''s way of thinking and approach.I don''t know a huge amount about him, but his record of prudent spending and the ability to profit from transfers could be a huge asset, and mark a departure from the underinvestment and waste that has halted us post-Lambert.I get the impression that a ''Delia appointing her pal'' scenario might just turn out better than expected. However, Moxey might have his work cut out changing direction if the current board have already set sail on a different course.

A propos of Moxey''s appointment, there is an interesting discussion here of Wolves'' over recent seasons by the Swiss Ramble. It''s not just informative about Moxey''s thinking but illuminating about many aspects of football club finance, much of which is relates to our own situation. 

To be quite frank, it''s a joke appointment by a joke chairman. The club has become a ''hire your mates'' company, instead of actually going out there and finding the best people to move the club forward. First Delia''s nephew, then her mate Ed "Balls Up" and now Jez Moxey - the wannabe mafioso who guided Wolves into mediocrity and is a sheer master at hiring misguided appointments (Terry Connor, Ståle Solbakken and Dean Saunders etc).

To go from a club that is guided by the astute Alan Bowkett and ruthlessly apt David McNally to this motley crew does make you wonder what the long-term strategy of the club actually is? A return to the bad old days, perhaps? At least the board will all be close friends upon our descent.

Well he seems pretty well universally despised by Stoke and Wolves fans but he must have done something right at Wolves as he was their CEO for 16 years. That''s a hell of a stint by any standard and he was only 37 when he took over which is young for a CEO position.By all accounts he seems to have missed out on charm school but David McNally was hardly Jacob Rees-Mogg either and he did OK.Doubt he''ll do a long stint here but it might turn out all right on the night.

The glowing reference of Ed Balls-Up is enough to suggest it will be more Poxy Moxey than Mox in the box.

If Balls-Up said it was dark outside I would expect to be blinded by sunlight.

The relationship between him and Alex Neil will be critical.

AN got on well with McNally let''s hope it is the same again and not a Paul Lambert and McNally relationship

20 years worth CEO experience at Wolves and Stoke, on the board of the English Football League and represents the EFL at the Football Association so sounds like a good signing to me.

Jez is a class act, had a few dealings with him in the past. Knows a lot of people within the game and has sat on various FA boards. Very close with Mick McCarthy, don''t be surprised if you see Mick at the club in some way, shape, or form in the future.

If the boy Moxey doesn''t like working with mega-rich Chinese consortia then he is obviously the perfect fit for Delia because she likes to keep football clubs small and cosy. All in the family. As the conventional Canary wisdom goes, mega-rich owners are only in it to rip the heart and sole out of the club, take all the money and sell what''s left for £1 to a former bankrupt (known as the Philip Green Strategy).

If the boy Moxey is something of a teflon don, then he will also be suited to Delia and Wynnie very well because they make sure nothing sticks to them either.

If the boy Moxey is also something of a spin artist then he will fit very well indeed on a board that is well-stocked with New Labour types. Expect the communications department to go from strength to strength.

In a nutshell, the fact he has agreed the job at all, tells you he is the wrong person because it means he is very compatible with a failed board of 20 years standing.

Now Vince has spoken on the matter it is undeniable.

".20 years worth CEO experience at Wolves and Stoke, on the board of the English Football League and represents the EFL at the Football Association so sounds like a good signing to me."

Don''t let the facts get in the way of a good character assassination CA.

Apart from a few hearsay type negatives this all seems a decent and quite ambitious appointment to me.

As ever, we''ll see.