Sign in to follow this  
ncfc2012

jez moxey new chief executive then

Yes, a bad appointment.

Has overseen the decline of Wolves as a force, made some ridiculous appointments and now cant be bothered to start because he is hanging on for his pay off.

We can look forward to the appointment of Mick McCarthy very soon.

His list of previous managerial appointments is really bloody poor (He, like McNally, was an autocrat there and they were definitely his appointments.

He may be superb at everything else, but I can''t help but worry about the future after AN. I''m having depressing thoughts of Kenny Jackett or Mick McCarthy getting the job in the future. Or another Solbakken type WTF appointment. I know I''m knocking him before he''s even set foot in the door, but his previous choices of manager for a slightly bigger club than us is so, so bad!

Any ketchup to support this?

Think he''d be a bit of a sideways step after McNally but there we are, we need someone in now to help our transfer dealings really...

See the previous thread on my thoughts on this matter but its a terrible appointment by the board that supposedly had brilliant recruitment consultants on the case and we have ended up with someone who is hated by the staff at Wolves, has overseen 15 years of mediocrity, loves taking the credit but not the flak, and unfortunately has been appointed as Delia and Michael are friends with the Wolves Chairman.

From Delia and Michael''s point of view it makes sense for them as he has just overseen/got lucky with a massive overseas buyout and purely due to the age they are Delia/Michael will surely be looking to sell in the next 10 years.

For the Club and more importantly the staff its a shocking appointment though.

Where has this been announce because i have just looked on the official club site,Pink Un home page, EDP and EEN and nothing at all ?Please don''t anyone say Twatter !

There is an HITC article produced in the last hour Tilly. It says it will only be announced in October! Just think its a rehash of all that went on last week tbh.

A long expensive process, overseen by a world-class recruitment firm

with years of experience. But in the end it came down to Delia''s mum

liking that nice young man from Wolverhampton.

[quote user="Punting Canary"]See the previous thread on my thoughts on this matter but its a terrible appointment by the board that supposedly had brilliant recruitment consultants on the case and we have ended up with someone who is hated by the staff at Wolves, has overseen 15 years of mediocrity, loves taking the credit but not the flak, and unfortunately has been appointed as Delia and Michael are friends with the Wolves Chairman.

From Delia and Michael''s point of view it makes sense for them as he has just overseen/got lucky with a massive overseas buyout and purely due to the age they are Delia/Michael will surely be looking to sell in the next 10 years.

For the Club and more importantly the staff its a shocking appointment though.[/quote]PC - you''ve posted 177 times in 12 and a bit years, and a large number of those have been in the last week slagging off Mr Moxey. Did  he sleep with your wife or something?

Nuff - Just feel very strongly about it. This a critical time for the club in my opinion. We need to appoint someone who is hungry, with ambition. If we don''t return to the Premier League in the next 3 years the parachute payments stop and life becomes much harder again. I know a number of people in and around the club at Wolves and none of them have a good word to say about him other than that "nothing sticks to him, and his best skill is his own self preservation" I felt this was a real opportunity to plan for the future and think outside the box a little bit. I hope to be proved wrong but I couldn''t be more underwhelmed.

His latest move at Wolves by the way has been to put a £1.50 booking fee on each ticket which has gone down particularly badly with the fans there.

I don''t see an issue: we wanted a football guy with plenty of experience, he has it in spades. He was at Stoke a few years back and a mate of mine had connections with their board and reckoned he was decent enough. One problem is that in football most of what goes on is on the pitch, something the CEO has only limited ability to affect, being down to others (and, often, luck). At Wolves you could say he has ''overseen'' a decline, but a lot of clubs have fared a lot worse in the same period - as an outsider he seems to have managed to keep them on a pretty even keel in these weird financial times.

Isn''t it funny how at Norwich every bad managerial appointment is made by Delia and the board and every good appointment is down to the chief executive, yet down at Wolves it''s the opposite and all the bad choices are down to Moxey.

I think he''ll do a great job, he''s got plenty of experience and contacts which judging by what Steve Stone said the other night we are sorely missing, add that to the fact he''s just found investment from a foreign owner which most of the nuggets on here are crying out for

Typical Norwich fans never happy unless they''re moaning about something

the CEO will work within whatever constraints the board imposes . McNally worked within possibly the most stringent financial parameters of any Premier League team last year and was on a hiding to nothing . Early season was dogged by a poor transfer window when Southampton took Dick van Dyke from under our noses, and the cash flow issues that clubs have when they pay their bonuses before they get their sky money. Anyone doubting this may recall the bizarre cash up front for three years seasons ticket efforts which we designed to help with cash flow in July.

Moxley will be the same. He seems to have experienced the perfect storm at Wolves, where they spent too much on the new ground , and then when in trouble think they have Curbishly in their pockets, only for the deal to break down , and they end up with the Adams- esque appointment of Connor.

I''m still not at all sure that Stone is out of the frame entirely but we will see. Either way, money will be tight, if we spend £13m on a 30 year old striker .

Well if Moxey and his contacts have done so well, how has such a big club been forced to sell up, which will probably eventually leave them in a worse position.

McNally took the appointment decisions which have financially transformed, perhaps even saved this club.

Moxey is in no hurry, its just a job.

If you are happy for him to achieve here what he has done at Wolves there is no need to moan, but some of us are understandably worried.

GPB said: "He seems to have experienced the perfect storm at Wolves, where they spent too much on the new ground"

Bloody hell, it must have been some outlay financially, to continue to hamper them 127 years after it was built....

Here come the cavalry.

Those that mock every decision that the club make are equally, as bad as those that cannot see no wrong.

Personally I do not know enough about Moxey to comment, but then I could obtain help from Google and pretend that i do.

Gerry Joss - So you don''t have an opinion on anything outside your day to day life then?

Moxey''s record at Wolves is poor. They''ve achieved nothing under his stewardship and he has had a string of poor managerial appointments (which presumably he had at least some part in, even if he wasn''t making them individually).

He has also presided over an 18million pound redevelopment of a ground they weren''t filling and had only come close to filling once in the preceding decade. 18million pounds added just 2500 seats to a stand that was less than 20 years old before the demolition (For reference, the N and P has been standing for 50). I know there''s other considerations here like planning consent, wider vision of redeveloping the ground etc, but you have to admit, it doesn''t look great value for money (even more so when they have decided against putting PHase 2 of the redevelopment in place!). My fag packet calculations make that 150 years to pay off the redevelopment, if sold out every game at £20. Given that they currently only average 20k attendance in a 30k stadium, you can add several more years to that.

Not exactly scientific either, but just have a look at some of the comments from Wolves fans at the bottom of the article here: http://www.expressandstar.com/sport/wolverhampton-wanderers-fc/2016/07/21/jez-moxey-to-leave-wolves-but-not-yet/

I''m openminded enough to change my mind on the guy if someone can provide ANY kind of silver lining to the appointment (if we do it), but I''m still waiting for that. Nobody has given one iota of anything credible and positive as far as I can see, the only thing he has going for him is that he has been involved in football for a long time. Do we want a failed ''football man'' or do we want a successful CEO who is new to football? Both have risks, but I''d argue that I''d take the successful CEO any day of the week.

[quote user="DDD In The Fine City"]Steve Morgan hasn''t been forced to sell Wolves he''s worth 880 million, don''t let facts get in your way at bashing the club you pretend to support[/quote]

Oh so the performance of a club is judged on how wealthy the owner is? I wonder why they had to sell Afobe then.

I know a few Wolves fans and they are glad to see the back of Moxey.

Sorry to offend you by expressing my opinion, I am sure you have never been negative about anybody connected to the club.

It does make me think that this world class recruitment company link was.......Hi we are looking for a new CEO, how much do you charge?

That''s far too much, we''ll do it ourselves.......right now let the fans know we contacted a world class recruitment company who could scour the world for a replaced, the don''t need to know that we won''t use them, we will just see who might want to come from our contacts in the championship.

This along with EdBalls is a step backwards in my view, still they now cover a CEO with experience and a full on political voice to positive spin all things to fans.

Not surprising really, it''s the boards way, so let''s see where the new duo take us this season.

Kick it off.

I don''t know a lot of facts about his tenure, but having just looked at Wolves'' forum they aren''t too disappointed.