Sign in to follow this  
First Wazzock

BIRMINGHAM HOPING TO SIGN VAN WOLFSWINKEL

From Sky...

Birmingham want to end Ricky van Wolfswinkel''s Norwich nightmare.

The Blues have held talks with the Canaries over a season-long loan for their record signing, PA Sport understands.

Boss Gary Rowett believes he can revive the Dutchman''s career after it came to a grinding halt following his £8.5m move to Carrow Road from Sporting Lisbon in 2013.

Completely baffling potential decision.If we want shut, and have already decided that he''s not going to play here again, and we have therefore decide to cash in (for whatever price it may be) or even to leave him kicking his heels as 4th choice striker here, then that''s one thing, but to LOAN the guy out to another Champs team is a decision that could easily come back to bite us, much like how Watford got the benefit of Bassong not so long ago!If we want to sell - fineIf we want to loan again - fine, but as long as it''s NOT to another team in our league!Sheer, utter madness IMHO (and yes, I am clearly biased) and another slap in the face of a complete professional who''s only crime is seemingly to not be the brick $hithouse target man that each of our managers has favoured instead of playing him correctly, and to then suggest that he''s not good enough for us at this level, and then loan him out to another team in the same league is just taking the proverbial!I thought we were a better and more respectful club than this tbh [:(]

Rowett plays slow, defensive football. It''s very effective there and gets the best out of a cheaply assembled team, but he wouldn''t score that many goals again!

In a defensive team in the Championship being played every game with a big partner like Clayton Donaldson I could see him getting 10-ish, maybe a bit more. The only way i can see it making sense for them is if they only end up paying about 10 of his 35k per week wages, which doesn''t help us much.

Why can''t they just offer us 100k and take him off our hands? Come on Birmingham, break the bank! PLEEEEASE!

If theyre gonna pay a loan fee and most of the wages this is like a blessing from god.

[quote user="Indy_Bones"]Completely baffling potential decision.If we want shut, and have already decided that he''s not going to play here again, and we have therefore decide to cash in (for whatever price it may be) or even to leave him kicking his heels as 4th choice striker here, then that''s one thing, but to LOAN the guy out to another Champs team is a decision that could easily come back to bite us, much like how Watford got the benefit of Bassong not so long ago!If we want to sell - fineIf we want to loan again - fine, but as long as it''s NOT to another team in our league!Sheer, utter madness IMHO (and yes, I am clearly biased) and another slap in the face of a complete professional who''s only crime is seemingly to not be the brick $hithouse target man that each of our managers has favoured instead of playing him correctly, and to then suggest that he''s not good enough for us at this level, and then loan him out to another team in the same league is just taking the proverbial!I thought we were a better and more respectful club than this tbh [:(][/quote]

Good god.

aww cmon Indy, ive actually agreed to a certain extent with your posted opinions in recent times concerning Ricky, but hes the complete professional and if can get a chance to play  regularly  for a season with Brum, thats surely got to be more beneficial for him than kicking his heels here as 4th choice striker, never getting play time and City stuck with paying him a full wage.If this loan happens, i really do hope he has a good season there, providing he does not face us in the two City-Brum fixtures. As for a situation coming back to bite us, thats pretty fanciful over the course of a 46 game season.

Youd need to drive him there yourself, if he went alone the chances of him hitting the target of Birmingham is quite slim.

[quote user="Essjayess"]...if can get a chance to play  regularly  for a season with Brum, thats surely got to be more beneficial for him than kicking his heels here as 4th choice striker, never getting play time and City stuck with paying him a full wage.[/quote]It''s absolutely better for RvW, but what frustates me is that yet another manager (who isn''t ours) can see value in the player, whilst we again dismiss him as not being good enough.[quote]If this loan happens, i really do hope he has a good season there, providing he does not face us in the two City-Brum fixtures. As for a situation coming back to bite us, thats pretty fanciful over the course of a 46 game season.[/quote]I''d hope he has a good season as well, 1) because he''s had a torrid time since joining us (f**k knows what Hughton told him 3 years ago, but I bet it wasn''t anything close to what transpired) and 2) because it will prove the point I''ve been making all the time since we signed him that he IS more than good enough as long as he''s used correctly.You never know, 2 former NCFC strikers could combine to be a lethal strike force (assuming Vaughan doesn''t get injured yet again, and RvW isn''t being played like he''s Zigic or something) [;)]

Wow. Just wow Indy. I''ve seen it all now.

If Birmingham take his full wages on for the year we should be absolutely delighted. It''s effectively like giving him a free transfer and freeing up his wages. He must easily be one of the top earners at the club by a distance. We can put those wages towards a striker who can do the business instead.

The reality is he isn''t very good. He''s scored 7 goals in his last 70 league games. He''s played in England, France and Spain. 3 totally leagues under 3 totally different managers with 3 totally different philosophies. He''s failed on all 3 occasions. He''s come in pre season and failed to find the net against the powerhouses of Walsall and Peterborough United. There are no more excuses for him. The evidence is damning. I refuse to believe all of these managers are getting it wrong.

As for him being a good professional. I would frankly expect him to turn up and train as an absolute minimum. That''s like going to a restaurant and praising the food because it didn''t make me ill and make me vomit everywhere.

If Birmingham get him and actually play him, we wont have to worry about them being a promotion rival.

Not sure this loan is going to happen. Vitesse it is!

Does this mean we''ve got a striker signed up now?!

Wow. Maybe the barn doors are bigger over there? Great news getting him off the books, looks like the path is now clear for McCormack and I''d imagine he will sign tomorrow after the villa owners tweats

All the best to Ricky, hope hes a great success at Vitesse. So, purely on transfers (not loans) thats now 4 out and 2 in so far this window. Considering we did seem to have a big squad, id expect this to continue  until the window closes, making City a slightly smaller squad but hopefully with a touch more quality.

Just Lafferty and Andreu to unload now, with Vadis in no-man''s-land so to speak.

Would Birmingham take these two now?

Wishful thinking, but KL was reasonable for them last season apparently.