Sign in to follow this  
Cobain18

New struker

I''m sure we have work ongoing in the background but we now desperately need a striker, hopefully RVW''s move signals freeing up of wages in preparation for a new striker - there are options out there:

- McCormack

- Assombalonga

- Grigg

- Ings on loan (unlikely)

- Bamford

There are more credible candidates I''m sure - any one of the above would be welcome to me!

[quote user="Cobain18"]I''m sure we have work ongoing in the background but we now desperately need a striker, hopefully RVW''s move signals freeing up of wages in preparation for a new striker - there are options out there:

- McCormack

- Assombalonga

- Grigg

- Ings on loan (unlikely)

- Bamford

There are more credible candidates I''m sure - any one of the above would be welcome to me![/quote]Would like to see Bamford back.  A player who is proven at this level and one still to develop to his best, rather than one who is overpriced, getting on a bit in striker terms and lacking pace.

Hardly proven at this level-46 starts and 13 sub appearances with Derby and Boro-since then he has had 2 fairly disastrous loans with us and Palace-who knows what that has done to his confidence. Rather have McCormack.

Would be interesting to see Bamford have a full season with Norwich in a league he is known to be good in, and then see whether that makes him better prepared with a team he knows well, (should norwich be promoted) to perform in the Premier League.

Ings will not drop to the Championship, please guys, get real!

Grigg is a lightweight Hooper type striker. I''ve seen him twice, he''s just not good enough for us. I really don''t like poachers anyway (Neither does AN thankfully) we play one up top, he''s basically like an unproven Danny Graham, we can do so much better.

Bamford needs to grow up first before any club signs him. His winging over the Palace fiasco then all that BS in the press about how he''d fire us to safety then played like a slightly better RVW made him look stupid. He''s okay and had a good season at Boro two years ago but Chelsea will only sell, not loan and at 5+Million I think it''s too much of a gamble for a player that I can see slipping down the leagues.

Assombalonga would be a good fit, he plays like Callum Wilson but with a touch less pace and slightly wayward finishing, would be a good signing for around 6-8m but Forest want 10+, that is simply too much for an unproved striker imo

Nahiki Wells? He''s okay, like earnshaw with a bit less composure, wouldn''t suit our style of play and hasn''t hit 20+ at this level yet with a poor team like McCormack has, doesn''t contribute much to open play like again McCormack does and would seem like another ''meh...'' Grabban type signing. No thanks.

Bristol City won''t sell Kodjia for less than 10 million. He''s basically a carbon copy of Grabban anyway

McCormack is the best option by far despite his age. He doesn''t use pace or physicality so he''s got another 3 years or so at his prime left and we could really do with a striker who''s good with the ball at his feet like him to help us dominate games in this league. He''s a better finisher, particularly from long range than any other striker listed as well.

I would see Bamford as a more than capable direct replacement for RvW. Just what we need.

Can''t understand why people want us to sign strikers who have been here (Bamford, Mbokani) and failed miserably.Maybe next season they''ll want RVW back as well

Checked on wiki and James Wilson played 25 times for Brighton last season and scored 5 goals. Probably be very good in time, but not ready to spearhead our promotion attack just yet I feel, though just my thoughts, who knows!.

Would be very surprised if McCormack or possibly A.N.Other doesn''t get announced today, maybe Monday, but I guess he''ll have some work to do to get up to speed anyway. Reckon Lafferty/Morris will be sold/loaned and would imagine AN is looking at a loan striker signing as well as we need 4 strikers competing for 1 or 2 spots plus potential injury cover

I wonder if due to our sound finances and future planning from McNally, the Redmond sale has enabled us to afford the McCormack transfer fee alone and the RVW wages have free''d his wages?

Then the sale of Brady will allow us to hunt 1 or maybe 2 more players (a striker and one other?).

It could well be that the 12-15m from Brady as well as the potential offload of Lafferty, could free up 15m transfer fee''s and two large wage bills.

Assombolonga or Kodja or Wells could be arriving AS WELL as McCormack? Or is this wishful thinking...?

I certainly think there is money in the kitty for two strikers, and a centre back (still need this IMO), I know the Wolf was on £45k a week so i am sure that can go towards MC...if we get McCormack then make sure we have or get another striker to compliment him...search Europe and find something special and for once City pay that little bit extra to get a young hungry kid who will set lil old carrow road alight!!

[quote user="lharman7"]Anyone hanging around Colney or Carrow Road today?[/quote]

Saw an old tart hanging around there late last nigh,t not sure if she''s still there but she cheaper than Bamford and gives value for money

If we get McCormack, it''d be good if we could get a Strihavka type (in terms of from the continent, hopefully better though) gamble as another option. I feel like we need an all rounder, perhaps similar to Jerome type that has confidence from scoring a few in say the polish league, or the romanian league or something.

Surely our european scouting network has found a few decent potential options worth a punt?

Perhaps if we get a guy who can operate on the wing then it gives us more options too.

RE Wilson I wouldn''t want him as our number one striker but if we have Jerome and McCormack he could be a good option off the bench/in rotation.

[quote user="daly"][quote user="lharman7"]Anyone hanging around Colney or Carrow Road today?[/quote]

Saw an old tart hanging around there late last nigh,t not sure if she''s still there but she cheaper than Bamford and gives value for money[/quote]Which is more than can be said for the lightweight Bamford.

I liked the Hungarian Striker number 9 held the ball up well, then they mentioned he hadn''t scored for about 18 months! looked a handful though in the Euros...sorry can''t remember his name.

Adam Szalai is the guy you are thinking of who played for Hungary.

He played for Hannover last year, although on loan so won''t be at Carrow Road tomorrow. Had an awful season, zero goals in a season Hannover were relegated. He''s a target man who doesn''t score particularly often.

Could probably get him for a couple of million, but probably not worth going near do to such poor form for over a year now.

I''d love to see us sign a young striker, who can bag a few goals, we''ve already got an experienced Championship goal scorer in CamJam

I''d like to see us take a punt and could potentially be interested:

Richairo Živković

Dominico Berardi

Someone who could last us more than a couple of years.

Thanks Bethnal, that''s the guy did hold the ball up really well when the Hungarians were under pressure and won numerous free kicks to give the defence a breather.

Then l I heard the no goals stat! although he would fit the Hungary striker description posters are after ;-)

I suggested Zivkovic last season before he went on loan to Willem, where to be fair he didn''t really pull any trees up, but on the flipside he''s still young, clearly has a lot of potential, and if we could get him at a sensible price (and if he wanted to come here), then I think it would be a great signing.