Sign in to follow this  

Goodbye RvW

Let me be the first to say good bye and good luck at your new club Ricky. Always a nice chap, and professional it seems, but sometimes things just don''t work out.

Good lad im sure but what a huge waste of money. Glad hes finally gone and we can close this chapter.

[quote user="FenwayFrank"]Has this actually been confirmed anywhere ? All I''ve seen is the rumoured loan to Birmingham[/quote]Links dont work for mehttp://www.canaries.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/norwich-city-van-wolfswinkel-vitesse-3211763.aspx

Going to free up a lot of money for wages regardless of the fee. Wouldn''t surprise me if there wasn''t actually a fee paid - perhaps we just asked them for a few quid to cover the cost of a taxi to the airport.

Good luck Ricky don''t think you were given a chance.Bought by manager who didn''t know what he was doing

If only we''d entirely changed our formation, style of play and squad in order to help him, he might have managed 8 goals this season.

He seemed like a genuinely nice guy and I wish him well. Have we got a Buy Back clause?

Glad that this saga is over, he seemed a decent guy and I wish him well, it''s just a shame he wasn''t any good and that''s putting it politely.

A shame that this never worked out.

His situation always reminds me of that of Fernando Torres - a talented player who couldn''t handle the pressure of a big money move and the fanfare that comes with it.

Snodgrass and Hughtons negative style didn''t help the situation.

All the best Ricky!

Farewell, VW - you owe Hughton a couple and us whatever Wetherspoons is currently worth [:|]

Signing footballers is always a gamble. Some work, some don''t.Nice bloke apparently just not all that good at his job while here. I hope he gets his confidence back and goes on to better things. As usual the fee is undisclosed but in this case I think it''s more to save embarrassment on our part than anything else [:D]

Dunno what the fuss is about. 8.5 million is cock all for a striker to a premier league team, and hes not on very high wages by comparison. So it didn''t work out, so what, move on, onwards and upwards. We are not Little Norwich!!

Gutted. Never really given a chance here. Wonder how much of his wage we''ll still be paying this season?

I would be very surprised if we agreed to a permanent transfer AND offered to pay some of his wages, otherwise surely it would be announced as a loan with the option to buy?!