Sign in to follow this  
militantcanary

Fans Forum with Steve Stone

The point about the wallet being empty in June was that it pretty much should be. If it wasn''t then it would have meant that we got relegated with a full wallet meaning we''d be paying tax on money we could have spent trying to stay in the PL. I would bet that most other wallets were empty too. Most football clubs are not run at a profit. Now we are at the end of July we have this season''s money to spend.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]The point about the wallet being empty in June was that it pretty much should be. If it wasn''t then it would have meant that we got relegated with a full wallet meaning we''d be paying tax on money we could have spent trying to stay in the PL. I would bet that most other wallets were empty too. Most football clubs are not run at a profit. Now we are at the end of July we have this season''s money to spend.
[/quote]

So Tilly was right then?

Tilly''s always right so if that''s what he meant he hasn''t spoiled that proud record....
But remember the wallet wasn''t empty the June we got relegated last time. We''d prudently set aside the money in case we had to pay bonuses for staying up but then paid tax on it. However Ed Balls could be more spendthrift than Alan Bowkett, I guess we''ll find out in November.

Just to add, how come 1p5wich spent half a million on Clarke from Pompey in June? Boro who''ve been languishing in the champ have been buying too.

We''ve had 4/5 seasons In the prem and we can expect to have an empty wallet?

It really is a shame you didn''t come and ask Steve Stone such things. Asking nutty is a bit like closing the stable door after the camel has bolted. I guess you''ll have to wait ''til next time.

[quote user="can u sit down please"]Just to add, how come 1p5wich spent half a million on Clarke from Pompey in June?[/quote]But they have a rich owner. I distinctly remember you telling us how lucky they were when he bought them out.[;)]

Pity you didn''t submit your £2 to Tillys wallet with the question. Maybe another £2 for raffle tickets.

Do you really want to be the binners again? How soon you forget......

I think you have swerved the point Nutty as you said clubs avoid having money in the bank when the season ends to avoid paying tax. The Scum who have been asset stripped by Mucus, burdened with an £80 million debt and who don''t pay their bills somehow at the beginning of June found about half a million in their bank to buy a player.

Forgot to add that had we stayed up in May you indicated player bonuses would have kicked in one hand but on the other say you are not surprised that the wallet was empty as it is the norm at most clubs so where was the bonus money to come from unless we wrote  a few IOU''s ?

[quote user="TIL 1010"]Forgot to add that had we stayed up in May you indicated player bonuses would have kicked in one hand but on the other say you are not surprised that the wallet was empty as it is the norm at most clubs so where was the bonus money to come from unless we wrote  a few IOU''s ?[/quote]

Fantastic point John.

[quote user="can u sit down please"]Just to add, how come 1p5wich spent half a million on Clarke from Pompey in June? Boro who''ve been languishing in the champ have been buying too.

We''ve had 4/5 seasons In the prem and we can expect to have an empty wallet?[/quote]

Did they actually pay in June? Most transfer fees aren''t paid up in one installment & most deals in June are pre-contract agreements.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]Tilly''s always right so if that''s what he meant he hasn''t spoiled that proud record....
But remember the wallet wasn''t empty the June we got relegated last time. We''d prudently set aside the money in case we had to pay bonuses for staying up but then paid tax on it. However Ed Balls could be more spendthrift than Alan Bowkett, I guess we''ll find out in November.
[/quote]
This was what I said buddy. And it''s all I know. You go to the same AGMs as me and get the same copies of the accounts as me. In 2015 I remember we made a loss and in 2014, the relegation season, there was 6m in the wallet which we paid tax on. Your gossip and tittle tattle could well be right, it often is, but I will wait for the accounts as always.

I have already said elsewhere Nutty that when us shareholders get our copy of the accounts either through the letterbox or download online it will be all there in black and white. Such a shame that in this day the GFPA are no longer around as we would have some answers today [;)]

You don''t get taxed for having money ''in the wallet''. You get taxed for making profits. And as our year-end if June 2016 it''s not due yet anyway, and that''s even if we made a taxable profit.