Sign in to follow this  
militantcanary

Fans Forum with Steve Stone

There was an interesting Fans Forum with the new Interim CEO Steve Stone

Things we learnt

He is a nice guy, though perhaps a typical Acountant though with a sense of humour.

Certainly a safe pair of hands

Redmond went for at least 11 M, Darren Eadie stated 12 and wasn''t contradicted

The Academy costs 2.5M each year, he feels its not good value for money though not to say it should be downgraded just that its not producing enough 1st teamers

A no of squad players may leave in August, we are waiting for the transfer churn to go through, we are actively seeking to get shot of some.

We do not have to sell 1st team players

There is some money to spend currently but the hint was not a massive amount. Any ongoing would have to be at least partially made up in future windows.

Canos had a hard sell on Norfolk and liked the club

The outsourcing of some transfer activity to Agents was confirmed said to be nothing new but they just make some introductions, Club then takes over.

Interviews have taken place for full take CEO

Parachute payment was almost 40M this year, 1st half in already rest will follow in installments. Not getting money in one go was a problem for Club and other Clubs as a general point not just this year. This was an improvement as to last year as a month earlier

McNally had many people reporting to him and left v v suddenly, the chain of communication within the Club and with other Clubs was rapidly turned off it was implied. IE in my words and not his he was an autocrat or worse whose departure caused some problems.

We receive £40 million in parachute money this season of which we have received £20 million this month and the rest will be spread over the course of the season so at the moment there is money in the transfer budget and a striker is our top priority. As Militant has stated there is a need to balance the outgoings and incomings over a period of time maybe even over a couple of seasons.The people recruited to seek a new CEO are also involved in the interview process together with board members.The most interesting thing for me was when questioned whether or not we are actively seeking to sell the club or attract investment Steve said that since he had been at the club ( April 2015 ) he was unaware of any such moves but did say that nobody had made an approach and subsequently been sent packing.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]The most interesting thing for me was when questioned whether or not we are actively seeking to sell the club or attract investment Steve said that since he had been at the club ( April 2015 ) he was unaware of any such moves but did say that nobody had made an approach and subsequently been sent packing.[/quote]Is that "there were no approaches to buy the club" or "any approach to buy the club was treated seriously" ?

most interesting thing for me was when questioned whether or not we are actively seeking to sell the club or attract investment Steve said that since he had been at the club ( April 2015 ) he was unaware of any such moves but did say that nobody had made an approach and subsequently been sent packingIs that "there were no approaches to buy the club" or "any approach to buy the club was treated seriously" ?

No approaches at all and the whole issue has never been discussed at all.

A little remarkable one would ponder, how many clubs are in the same constrained albeit laudable in some ways situation??

So Til has been correct to say no money in the coffers till we sell, so this 15 million for McCormack is pie in the sky made up nonsense by the press!

The club isn''t actively looking for investment but will be a long term family enclosed club handed down to Tom, bit like family title but instead of a country mansion it''s a football club.

A number of players are expected to be sold, considering we need to adjust to bring in players, Brady, RVW, Laffs, Mulumbu, Vadis and Naismith come to my mind as players who might be moved.

Stones not too keen on spending £2.5 million on Cat 1, must admit I question this myself, surely we need to justify this investment, judging other clubs academies we don''t produce many from our own ranks in recent years.

I like the sound of Stones honesty, and thanks for the heads up mili.

Sounds that Stone could be a good CEO himself with his approach towards the fans.

Looking forward to seeing the players out to free up money for the strikers we need.

I''d assume the £15m for McCormack would be based on us selling Brady. I wouldn''t expect us to have a spare £15m kicking around in the Championship anyway.

Goals or not, I''d be severely disapponted selling a 24-year old Euro star for the same money as we''d buy a 29-30 year old champ striker.

[quote user="Indy"]So Til has been correct to say no money in the coffers till we sell, so this 15 million for McCormack is pie in the sky made up nonsense by the press! [/quote]Indy it is your assumption that McCormack is pie in the sky made up nonsense by the press. The Wallet is Empty thread which i started almost a month ago has since then received some money but not all yet from the sale of Redmond and a £20 million part parachute payment this very month so when questioned about the wallet last night and is there any money currently available to buy to buy players Steve Stone quite correctly said yes.Of course when the accounts for the year ending 30th June are released prior to the AGM which usually means around September time it will be there in black and white for all to see how much money we had in the bank the day after i started that thread.

We will most certainly be getting a forward in the next few weeks that was clear

The hint was that we need to have more security of transfers out for it to be a big signing, there is money available.

We all know the squad is massively bloated as to midfield players, we have 44 professionals though over 10 of them are kids not near the 1st team. Some of them will go on small fees if necessary to free up wages, confirming what we already knew

We will presumably see a mix of sales and loans both in and out - and it will presumably be busier than usual with the emergency loan changes this season; clubs will be having to put everything in place earlier than in the past when they could still push loans through mid-September.

Did the N&P question get asked Tilly? 😁

Don''t we always all-but balance the spending, particularly after a relegation? It''s hardly the news of the century, we are presumably in a similar position to two summers ago where £ in and out was much the same.

[quote user="Ron Manager"]Did the N&P question get asked Tilly? 😁[/quote]I had four questions sent to me Ron, i asked one of them and two others were touched on by S.S. but i thought your N&P one was not really one to ask as surely N&P season tickets for 2016/17 will have been sent out with it printed on them so hardly likely to have a change of sponsor at this late stage.

Cheers Tilly, no problem, I too think it will continue as N&P, I''m going to have to seriously punish my source!😈Just as an aside though, was in the local shop Thursday and the guy on the checkout asked the exact same question so there must have been some mutterings elsewhere!

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]Don''t we always all-but balance the spending, particularly after a relegation? It''s hardly the news of the century, we are presumably in a similar position to two summers ago where £ in and out was much the same.[/quote]I think the assumption from some quarters was Branston that because we have spent the last season in the Premiership we were relegated cash rich and would therefore be able to run up and down cherry picking who we wanted no problem.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]The most interesting thing for me was when questioned whether or not we are actively seeking to sell the club or attract investment Steve said that since he had been at the club ( April 2015 ) he was unaware of any such moves but did say that nobody had made an approach and subsequently been sent packing.[/quote]Tilly, I think Steve said that as Finance Director he wouldn''t necessarily have been in the know had an approach been made but I get the feeling that none had.Thought it was a very enjoyable evening. Darren Eadie makes an excellent MC. Steve relaxed as the evening went on and fielded the Q &A session particularly well with a good sense of humour. We did find out he''s a long standing Coventry City supporter and thinks Maddison is an excellent prospect but the audience was kind enough not to remind him of the part his team played in our 1985 demise.Thanks must go to Diane and her team for organising this and the other NCFSC events. A lot of effort must go into making them work and they deserve our support. If anyone hasn''t been to one of these gatherings before I''d recommend giving it a try.

ref the academy you can throw all the money at it you like

it must be down the coaching not being good enough

how many players have gone through there in the years ?

either we are picking up players not good enough or we are picking the right players but not coaching them as well as we should

i personally have not seen many players improve since they have been here either youth or 1st team players

hopefully irvine can sort this problem out

"Stones not too keen on spending £2.5 million on Cat 1"     I''m with Stones on this one. I knew it was over £2 million and have always been against it. We can never make that money back.

norfolkngood wrote the following post at 23/07/2016 2:39 PM:

"ref the academy you can throw all the money at it you like

it must be down the coaching not being good enough

how many players have gone through there in the years ?

either we are picking up players not good enough or we are picking the right players but not coaching them as well as we should "

Did anyone mention Man from M?😜

[quote user="Ali K"]Did anyone mention Man from M?😜[/quote]No, but someone did say "where''s winky?" [:S]

[quote user="can u sit down please"]So Tilly was right about balancing the spending then?[/quote]Balancing the spending and pant wetting about wallets being empty were never the same thing.

I really wouldn''t call it pant wetting merely passing on what he was told.

"there is no money whatsover to spend this summer until we sell hence Redmond and now Brady going. At least two others Bennett and Ollsen are trying to be shifted."

Steves Stones answer pretty much said that too.

What makes you think we''re trying to shift Bennett and Olsson in particular, Dani? - am really hoping we keep these two myself, Olsson is our best left back, and Bennett seems to be the best partner for Klose I think, so hope this isn''t the case buddy!

[quote user="can u sit down please"]I really wouldn''t call it pant wetting merely passing on what he was told.

"there is no money whatsover to spend this summer until we sell hence Redmond and now Brady going. At least two others Bennett and Ollsen are trying to be shifted."

Steves Stones answer pretty much said that too.
[/quote]It did?

He said about balancing the books, "balancing them in and out."

The wallet being empty has been ridiculed since it was mentioned. If stone would''ve contradicted that with a simple "no" it would''ve been jumped all over. You know that as well as I do buddy.

It''s a cracking day, the sun is shining, I''m not hungover and I''m childless. 🍻

Cheers