Sign in to follow this  
Making Plans

OK, these are the facts --

Last season we didn''t do ourselves justice in the Premiership - reference Wigan & W Ham who have done much better than us with arguably, less resources.

This season has got no better and despite a flattering "upwards" blip 3 or 4 weeks ago, we have now slumped back into the early season form - no defending, no invention, no ideas, no threat. 

Tell me, under these conditions, what other Club would tolerate this without saying anything or doing anything about.

The team are crap, the Manager is useless and the Board keep stum.

Give me strength.

lets face it, nomatter what people say, at this moment in time, we are a very poor side. what happens at colney during the week is beyond me. if we dont sort this out we will be fighting relegation. we need a change now.

Wigan and West Ham have gone up with "arguably less resources".

How exactly do you arrive to this conclusion?!!

Wigan had bids of 10million+ accepted for Owen and Parker.

WH bought a Cardiff central defence for 5 million.

I''d like to argue with that comment

I have to disagree with your comment regarding the Prem.

Just in the same way as we got relegated from the Prem in the worst season possible in the 90''s (just before the money explosion) , I believe we went up in the wrong season too.

If we had gone up this year I think we would be holding our own in the same way that West Ham and Wigan are now.The standard of the Premiership this year has been shocking.Chelsea and Spurs at the top are playing great football and Everton (currently) and Sunderland look dreadful but the other 17 teams are pretty ordinary.The only live game I''ve enjoyed so far has been Chelsea spanking Liverpool 4-1 , the rest (Pompey v Boro , Blackburn v Brum today etc) have been shocking games.

With most clubs adopting a ''must not lose'' policy and employing the 4-5-1 in its negative form , I think the football we were trying to play last year would have seen better rewards this time round...

[quote]Wigan and West Ham have gone up with "arguably less resources". How exactly do you arrive to this conclusion?!! Wigan had bids of 10million+ accepted for Owen and Parker. WH bought a Cardiff centra...[/quote]

We bought Dean Ashton, Helveg, Jonson, and all the other players we''ve wasted/destroyed.

[quote]Wigan and West Ham have gone up with "arguably less resources". How exactly do you arrive to this conclusion?!! Wigan had bids of 10million+ accepted for Owen and Parker. WH bought a Cardiff centra...[/quote]

A - We had better players than both of them to start with.

B - We have much higher attendances than Wigan - higher attendances = more revenue.

C - Wigan might have bid £10m+ for Owen & Parker but in all honesthy they stood as much chance of getting them as Norwich have of getting promotion this season - i.e. none. Therefore, this point is pointless.

D - W ham might have spent £5m on buying the Cardiff central defence - we spent £3m on Aston and although we had more to spend we decided to keep the rest in the bank. Failing to spend money cost us last year. Regrettably this heads in the sand approach has continued this year and we are now reaping the reward.

E. You failed to prepare your argument - therefore your argument has failed.

Very Good ....

I agree that Wigan and west ham are doing well but they do have MORE money than we did.

I''m hoping we lose the next 2 - 3 games so that Worthys out by mid Nov.

IF NOT THEN GOD HELP US!!!!