Sign in to follow this  
king canary

I'm putting this out there now...

If RVW scores 15 goals for Vitesse this season can we please not use it as a stick to beat the team with? The Dutch league is rubbish, he''s been terrible for three years and would have been terrible in this league.

Kthnxbye

I think some of the problem the wolf had was the service he got and the lack of crosses fed in to him...look at the everton goal he scored...awesome header...after that, the wolf did not get fed! Good luck to the man...i am sure he will eventually find his shooting boots...just didnt happen in england, or france....or spain!..EEK!

[quote user="Born Yellow"]I think some of the problem the wolf had was the service he got and the lack of crosses fed in to him...look at the everton goal he scored...awesome header...after that, the wolf did not get fed! Good luck to the man...i am sure he will eventually find his shooting boots...just didnt happen in england, or france....or spain!..EEK![/quote]Awesome header ????? It was a shot by Whittaker that was going well wide of the far post. It was more luck than judgement.

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="Born Yellow"]I think some of the problem the wolf had was the service he got and the lack of crosses fed in to him...look at the everton goal he scored...awesome header...after that, the wolf did not get fed! Good luck to the man...i am sure he will eventually find his shooting boots...just didnt happen in england, or france....or spain!..EEK![/quote]Awesome header ????? It was a shot by Whittaker that was going well wide of the far post. It was more luck than judgement.[/quote]The mis-hit shot itself was not awsome, but to control the header was, as the ball was spinning visciously as it arrived at RVW and the placement of the header was exquisite.

MY biggest worry is that we ALWAYS sell players BEFORE we get players in.

Lets hope things are pretty close to being tied up as we''re now down to two strikers, with a week to kick off.

We are still £8m+ to the good after Redmond sale/Canos purchase, on top of the transfer budget, so we have the funds and we now need two strikers, unless AN plans to use one of the Murphy twins or Morris as 4th striker (assuming we get MC over the finishing line)

>

MY biggest worry is that we ALWAYS sell players BEFORE we get players in.Wolf would probably be behind Jerome, Naismith, Lafferty and possibly even Morris/any other kid with a threatening attribute like pace. All we''ve done is sell some dead weight and free up a lot of wage money.

While the header was good, it was one of them that came at him quick so he went on instinct. More often than not, that would go wide or harmlessly to the keeper. We can''t afford to carry a striker that offers nothing apart from goals. If say Jerome has a bad game, at least you know the defenders have been given a game and perhaps someone else has been able to take advantage of Jerome''s work rate but with Ricky, when the goals didn''t flow, he offered nothing.

RVW wasn''t in a good place when he signed for us. I remember seeing him eating a burger at the Rushcutters, staring into a pint of lemonade, as if the world were about to end. Goes without saying that the burgers there aren''t great, but seemed like there was more to it than that.