Sign in to follow this  
Thecanaryfan

510k for Ricky

[quote user="Thecanaryfan"]Was hoping we could recoup a bit more than that but hey ho. Probably great business for Vitesse.[/quote]

Source?

You need to bear in mind that RVW hasn''t happily given up his last year of contract . He will have got his money for the last year in a number of ways .

1. he is paid off/ contract paid up for the last year. (quite likely)

2. the deal with Vitesse allows them to pay him a higher salary because we have reduced the price. (less likely)

3. a combination of the two.

one way or another we wont be "saving his wages" . We were contracted to pay him well until the end of this season. He will have got the cash somehow. And no one can blame him.

So it''s half a million and then if RVW was on 40k a week, that''s another £2m in wages saved. Not amazing but better than nothing which is what RvW was basically offering us!

Put the fee towards hurrying up the deal for McCormack.

As an average Championship level striker when he''s at his best this seems good value. We''ve also just knocked 30k per week off the wage bill and that 500k could make the difference in the McCormack deal. Most clubs realise he''s done as a footballer, but lucky Vitesse feel they can take the gamble and help him regain some form in a familiar environment.

I think he''ll see out his career in the dutch league now averaging about 10 a season. Still can''t believe he got into the Dutch national team when Holt couldn''t get into an inferior England team. Holt was a better footballer and a much better striker in every possible aspect yet he couldn''t get a call up. It''s mental really when you think about the difference in quality between the two, shows how far a large pricetag can get you in football

Look at it from the Wolf''s point of view, stay at Norwich and bring in a BIG wage packet without playing or go back to his boyhood club and get games. I feel he may have abandoned the last year of his contract here.

It was undisclosed so no-one will know but if I had to bet I''d say we got about £1:5m lol

This deal TOTALLY changes my mind about Brexit. A disaster for the country overall but the one straw Leavers have been holding on to was that a plummeting pound would help exports.

If this helped us get rid of the worst striker since - I am torn between Dean Coney and Bryan Conlon and whatsisname Blair - a long time ago, anyway, then the wreck of the British economy is a trifling price to pay.

Another brilliant piece of business by the BOD good job they are not running a small business on the high street.

Bring back The Chase