Sign in to follow this  
Ivan Easter

Transfers In

They will come ... but we''ll sell a few of the crown jewels first (just so that reluctant sellers know exactly how much cash we have to play with ; ) )

I''m just hoping we just manage to unearth a "gem" of a striker either from the lower leagues, Europe or Africa who, by hitting 25+ goals next season, becomes the next headline grabber and helps propel us back up at the first time of asking.

Hard ask but it happens and we have had our fair share of striking failures in recent seasons. We deserve a change of luck.

Not since Grant Holt have we had a really prolific striker, although Jerome scored enough in the Chumps the last time around to indicate that he should be useful again.

Jerome, two more and young Morris as back up and we should be fine as long as at least one the ''two more'' comes off.

With the news of Brady and Redmond this weekend, my hope is that we are clearing the decks early with no sudden last minute departures so AN knows where and how much he needs to strengthen so there''s enough time to get the targets we want,

With circa £25m in the pot on top of the planned budgets and no doubt 2 of the highest earners off the books, we should have plenty to get the quality 4-5 players we need.

Well we know we have about 10 million to spend now!

Well buying from EU will cost 10% more at the moment, we need to wait till the £ stabilises!

In all seriousness we only have 6 weeks to go and very little to link us with, a tad similar to last season worryingly.

what is a little worrying is the deadwood we want to clear out are staying ,

And it looks like the players that can and will make a difference and can play EPL football are leaving Redmond Brady and Olsson

If we are serious about going up and staying in the EPL then we better buy well we could have 25 million with these deals

we need to spend that and anything else we have to build a strong team with some players

what worries me most is we have a manager who has never built a team like this

last season looked like other than klose we bought plays for positions not for moulding or to fit into our teams style of play

it seemed we had 11 players but no system style or tactic just get on with it look at time like 11 strangers sometimes

it takes one hell of a manager to build and mould a team with a certain style of play that you keep to and brings success is Alex the man ? i have doubts

I think people are going to be disappointed with the amount we spend. But we have never bought success and too many changes never does any good.

We have quite a few players who are good at this level so I hope that we can gradually bring the younger players through otherwise this time next year we will have to make some drastic changes.

so if we stick with what we have and lucky enough to go up

then we start the EPL season with about 9 new players as we know most of current players have failed

if we built a team with promise this season if we then went up the change might be 4 players for a new EPL season

better to build a team in a weaker league this season than build one in a summer for stronger league

It needs to be a gradual process rather than a panic clearance and purchase of mercenaries.

In this way real life differs from Championship Manager.

I was in Scotland in February, and from what I saw of Clinton Morris he is a fourth striker at best, so I am very concerned about our lack of strikers at the moment.

In an ideal world, where we could plan these things, it might be better to have two seasons in the Championship to build the core of a team which could stay up.

i agree we need to build a team but 2years in the chumps is going to cost us more than 200 mil plus !

what we must do is buy players we can improve to be EPL players not easy i know ( every team wants that )

but no point buying championship players if you really want to go up as when you are there you are in the same position as last time

Will be nice to see even 1 new face joining City, some people say the transfer window for Champs sides opens on July 1st. If so, i would like to know how even our first opponents of the new season, Blackburn, have already signed 4 new players. Oh well, Silence is Golden, so goes the saying.

Starting to feel like the shambles of a transfer window last season

The lack of communication from the club is worrying. At least by now you expect an interview from Neil advising of the outcome of his discussions with the individual players and where he wants to strengthen

Also what is happening with all the players out of contract next year

It''s the lack of a strategy, CEO and an invisible board and manager that is most worrying

We are going to hell in a hand cart

Really think we are going to struggle to get anywhere near promotion , new contracts for players not good enough and selling anything that we can get a few quid for is a recipe for disaster . It all comes down to do you think Alex Neil can buy 5 or 6 players of good enough quality to get us promoted , on the evidence of his signings so far eveybody must have massive doubts . Lets be honest we have not even got a stiker at the club and two decent ones will set you back the best part of £20 million in todays market , Palace wanting £10 million for Gayle and he really is nothing special at all .

[quote user="Duncan Edwards"]No money. No CEO. No signings. No Redmond. No ambition. No investment. No future.

Club''s in turmoil.[/quote]
Turmoil? I''m expecting to turn up for our first home game and find out we''ve already been demoted to League One, Wimbledon have taken our place and the Barclay Stand where I sit has been knocked down and replaced with a Travel Lodge.

Hogstar

You obviously do not think this club has problems.

McNally gone Bowkett gone WHY???

Can''t blame Redmond Brady and any decent player wanting away.

No ambition is the understatement look at last seasons fiasco regarding signing players with a useless journeyman costing 8 million plus money wasted on Andreu, Dorrans Wisdom Mulumbu etc.

Mid to low table at best

Oh and we have Ed Balls to lead us plus a coaching staff that would not get a job in The Conference

[quote user="Pompey Canary"]We are going to hell in a hand cart[/quote]Welcome back Waveney!

[quote user="Feedthewolf"][quote user="Pompey Canary"]We are going to hell in a hand cart[/quote]Welcome back Waveney![/quote]I''m pretty sure we''re looking at Newton/Gunthorpe rather than Waveney - in fact, I''m certain. [;)]

Some fringe players who need shipping out to. Turner (before anyone says it his contract renewal was automatic), Andreu, Lafferty, Wolfswinkel.

With the transfer window not really even open, it is a bit much to decry our dealings. As for Blackburn signing 4 players, they released 8 with first team experience and none of the 4 are players we''d want - I''d much prefer quality over quantity; we have the numbers in almost every area on the pitch other than defence (if we lose players) and up front.

It''s like this every season when there''s a tournament on though - delays the transfer process by a couple of weeks. It''s all a merry-go-round and it''s only just started to spin up... we''ll be signing players in the next month I''m sure; I also think we might see RvW stay as I cant see anyone else wanting him and we need bodies up front.

If Iceland has reminded us about anything it''s more about team spirit and togetherness then big name expensive players.

That''s what we need again, a team spirit like when we successive promotions.

Just as aside to this tread, someone mentioned loans. Apparently this season any loans have to be done in the transfer window as there are no emergency loans. All loans are either half or full season just as in the Prem but don''t think it''s limited to 2 as it is there.