Sign in to follow this  
lappinitup

Team v Hannover

But why hasnt it been dealt with ?I understand we have defenders that no one wants that are on ludicrous amounts of money, but why resign Whittaker ? Just put Bassong into the U21 to rot hes f.......... terrible, then he may move.There must be someone in the U21 that will make the same mistakes, learn from it and get better over time,, lets play them sod it, if we really can sign anyone lets play them.McComack inst the answer, we will be shipping more goals than scoring, build from the back which should of happened start of last season, and this season. Camjam, two inside forwards, we have a decent midfield. Please just sign defenders, two good wingback needed and a good CB

Wes really has gained such confidence at the Euros. One of the players with genuine class

Didn''t see it all but that looked a great second goal

Naismith will not get us 10+ goals this season!!

Go on Wes - true professional.

is AN going to mix it up and make more subs!?!? Minutes in the pitch.

As bad as our defending has been I''ve noticed a change in the way we''ve set up. We seem much more direct and are looking to get the ball forward as fast as possible, that''s something we haven''t seen since Lambert was in charge.

I''ve supported Neil but our slow build up play always really bothered me. We''ve still got problems but this shift in approach is pleasing at least. We haven''t played direct football in about 4 years, it should improve as the season goes on.

I wouldn''t be too worried anyway, we''re notorious poor starters and haven''t won our opening game since 2003 vs a comically out of their depth Grimsby!

I have a feeling Naismith is going to be the most fouled played in the championship!

Nice to get warmed up for next season with a mild Pink Un meltdown[Y] More of a Three Mile Island than a Chernobyl.

Haha, you guys really crack me up! Talk about premature pant-wetting...

Our stewards are a joke as well, at least a dozen of their fans spent the entire first half sat on the advertising barrier with one leg over pitch side, only 4 stewards scared to tell them to get behind

Was awaiting this pant wetting comments, basically fuck you , im worry , dont come back in December when we are mid table quoting we should of bought new defenders or training regime will you ? Best way, put head in sand and continue without change, worked last season, will work again !

Pant wetting or not, if you watched the game today the massive holes in our defence at times was shocking. Hannover are no world beaters and they looked like they could score at will first half. Second half we did improve, showed some more intensity but overall it just felt like watching the same rubbish from last season. Yep its only pre season but we''re just making the same mistakes, nothing seems to have changed. The only plus points were Whittaker showing why he should never be picked again and a great display of finishing and genuine quality on the ball from Wes, was our best player by a mile.

Bit worrying they cruised to 3 nil and eased off before we could show anything.

Okay, well you''ve really put me in my place with such a well reasoned argument.

I''ll apologise profusely for not paying much attention to a pre-season friendly, if we''re mid table in December. You''ll be sure to apologise if we''re near the top though?

Do you think Alex Neil played our strongest squad todat, and in particular our first choice back four?

Can never take too much from pre-season.  But we did look defensively frail. Though it did provide a reminder of what a good keeper Ruddy can still be.  Also looking on the bright side, two beautifully taken goals from Wes.  Not much to say about the rest. We wait to see what unfolds at Blackburn in a week''s time.

Ruddy Pinto Klose Bennett Olsson, id say that was the strongest back 5 more or less wouldnt you? And less of the sarcastic b*llocks thanks, no ones trying to "put you in your place", I just thinks its unfair to categorise every person a "pantwetter" who feels worried or concerned about the SAME problems that were evident last season and where did we end up then? Its called caring about your club.