Sign in to follow this  
lappinitup

Team v Hannover

Looking at the first 30 minutes we have given the ball away far too often. Our movement is poor off the ball. We look disorganised in defence esp Whittaker. We have not won a second ball.

I realise that we still have a few more days to prepare for Blackburn and this won''t be the starting line up but we certainly do not look like a team that will be fighting for the top 6 places at the moment.

CJ cannot be our hope upfront. I feel he won''t be the force he was 2 seasons ago - he doesn''t look confident.

Olson looks like he doesn''t want to be here and Whittaker needs to go - he''s slow and doesn''t tuck in to make the defence compact.

So many wayward passes!

Naismith looks frustrated and still regrets coming here!

Think there will be ally of comings and goings in the next couple of weeks.

We really need to be completing that McCormack deal

I know it''s only pre season but it''s a major concern we have the exact same problems as last season.

Cj can''t finish his breakfast

Defence all over the place

Slighty demoralising

Really poor 1st half. We look uninterested and at least 2 yards off the pace.

Why do we defend in numbers but stay static, bunched up and don''t put our foot in or track runners? It''s so frustrating, it''s like they''ve decided Tettey is the ball winner so we''ll only let him worry about chasing it....work as a fuggin team!!!!

Dire. They looked up for it from the start and we didn''t.

Murphy looks a little suspect defensively, can see why he was swapped for Dorrans.

Must say we aren''t creating an awful lot, which is mega disappointing as it''s a friendly!

Well I can see why we extended Whitts contract, solid, fast and dependable......he''s utter shite today, worse than normal.

One week to go and we look like we are four weeks behind in match fitness and like a team just put together!

Oh dear, I hope this isn''t of things to come!

Well that was poor. Still only a friendly seen plenty of bad preseason games over the years and then good season to follow and vice versa important to not read to much into it.

We''re playing like there''s a month to go before the season.

Very rusty. No cohesive team play.

At least Tettey''s got his eye in now, getting some tackles in towards HT which inspired a little purple patch.

Overall very concerning though. Especially as Jerome''s continued where he left off!

It really does seem we seem to do everything the hard way, before I get roasted no I havent gone to the match today, yes I do go to matches but no, I havent got a season ticket.1) We have known for 8 months we need to upgrade our defence, bought Klose which was a good signing but we also knew the whole defense needs an overhall.2) Equally targetman/forward position, sold or released or returned loan = 33) Training seemed inept or from a fans point of view non advancing i.e.players do seem to progress a great deal and tactically we seem wanting at times.Nothing has changed ! I realise we re a championship cub now, but I fear our training and tactics are very much still league 1I honestly cannot see why these issues have gone without being dealt with, one week to go, one striker, fat frankie still in training and by the looks of this match, tactically still inept. Why wait so late to change anything, I really cant get my head around it. It didnt work last year so lets stay the same, thats got to be the answer?Training must be seen as the key here, when getting a young manager, fair enough, but is it really wise to allow an inexperienced manager to also choose his backroom staff ? Bearing in mind that this can affect our players for life.I await "clubs in crisis" comments, but I fear laughing about such matters will smack us in the face sooner rather than later !

[quote user="JF"]We really need to be completing that McCormack deal[/quote]

Correction- we need to be getting some defenders in that can defend. Their two goals were shockers- on both there were 3 yellow shirts within 5 yards of each other, leaving a Hannover player unmarked to finish. Every time they attack we look like conceding. Shocking, simply shocking.

Having said that, I agree we are painfully weak in attack, we seem so ponderous with no incision. CamJam does not look ''at the races''.

Awful defence for their 2nd goal. All ran towards the ball, winger cuts it back, open goal (took it well though). Playground stuff.

As a half glass full person and with tickets already received for Blackburn, I still think we have a hard season ahead. Not a crisis but the below par / lower mid table vibe about us. A failing team and manager from last year and it will continue in that vain. Not at all as positive as 80% of posters on this forum. This performance is quite typical is far if what I expected. Second half surely we can do better?

[quote user="DDD In The Fine City"]Left at half time, better things to do with my Saturday, keep playing like that we should worry about relegation not promotion[/quote]As bad as it looked on tinternet then ?I really hoped we would be far more on than this with a week to go.Why on earth we resigned Whittaker I will never know, espcially when theres footballers avaiable.

Calm down guys, remember it''s only friendly,  way back Hughton''s Newcastle lost 0-6 to Bohemian FC  before running away with the Championship. It all depends on how we''ve approached this game, did we train through the match or treat it like a Championship decider ?

Have come out after the break the same, should have been 3-0, as I type that it is. This is embarrassing

This is a lesson in Football from Hannover. Nothing has changed from last year. We don''t seem to learn from our mistakes. Our defence has been shaky for well over 5 years now and we still have the same players in the squad. Why do we expect these same players to be any different. Madness. The 15m geriatric dwarf from Fulham is not the answer. Serious concerns for the future.