Sign in to follow this  
norfolkngood

Wonder how Jacob Murphy feels after being subbed after 19 mins ?

not really good for his confidence was it

he is only young is not his fault the man playing at RB is ****

i think this could have been dealt with better than taking off a young player after 19 mins i know it was a friendly but still embarrassing the boy is not good management

i was hoping for a good season from him after his spell at Coventry hope his confidence is not shattered

I suppose that if he had already been told to wake up on the defensive side, then fair enough, we were being slaughtered on that side. I only saw it on youtube so cant comment as to whether or not he had been warned, but he should have been before being subbed. Then AN should have a word in his ''shell like ear'' and explain exactly what had occurred, how JM deals with it is another matter. The Club cannot pander to players egos, not saying JM is a problem, just that he was one yesterday.

AN said it was purely tactical, something along the lines of wanting to narrow the midfield o thimk he said.

A tactical change in a pre season game, jacob just needs to accept it and crack on.

Not a problem, good character building stuff.

AN explained to him it was tactical, I hope he ia as brave with is tactical changes when it matters.

It''s a pity that we have such shite right back that we need to take off a major attacking weapon, maybe Whitts should have gone off instead?

Still have high hopes AN has the balls to go with attacking options this season.

From what I read it sounded tactical- if we were in a league match, and we were 2-0 down after 12 minutes owing to the right side being far too open, would we want to preserve young Jacob''s feelings?

Not a chance.

I would have thought that Pinto was pretty much nailed on for a start this season, much improved in the last few games last season and Whitts nowhere to be seen at the end of last season.

It was tactical, but as result of Jacob not being quite defensively aware enough. it''s a learning point. He was slow to react to their left back and needs to improve his defence game,. Plenty of time to learn and should on that I his development games this season (assuming he doesn''t head out on loan.

He was replaced, but at half time Whittaker was replaced. This may suggest that the latter was more responsible for the defensive weakness. Certainly with the pace of Pinto replacing the slowness of Whittaker no further goals came down that wing.

I was suprised by Pintos pace, he''s pretty quick, with him and Olsson we must have the quickest two wing backs in this league!

Think of it as this.

Whittaker should be embarrassed. Neil had to change it up after 19 mins to cover Whittaker as the game plan was to get Jacob attacking. To only then get subbed after 45 mins himself.

Whittaker should not ever play for us again to be honest. Let''s hope Martin gets back ASAP to cover pinto

[quote user="have my howson it"]Think of it as this.

Whittaker should be embarrassed. Neil had to change it up after 19 mins to cover Whittaker as the game plan was to get Jacob attacking. To only then get subbed after 45 mins himself.

Whittaker should not ever play for us again to be honest. Let''s hope Martin gets back ASAP to cover pinto[/quote]

This!

[quote user="Indy"]I was suprised by Pintos pace, he''s pretty quick, with him and Olsson we must have the quickest two wing backs in this league![/quote]

Didn''t you watch any games last season Indy? Pinto was pretty quick then but got out of position too much. He improved and learned quickly and I expect him to be a very popular player this season.

No I knew he was pacy but yesterday, I was suprised just how fast.

I love the idea that if needed we could go three at the back, push on these two as wing backs, negate having two holding midfielders and give Wes & Maddison freedom in midfield, not needing wingers! Just an option to go to, nice to have!

Everyone blamed Whittaker but then they took Murphy off and the goals stopped.

But it was probably still Whittaker''s fault they scored their third.

[quote user="Katie Borkins"]He wasn''t doing his defensive duties, fair enough he was taken off.  
[/quote]^This

I followed Jacobs progress very closely at Coventry last season and the general consensus in the second half of the season was that he didn''t get as many starts because of a lack of defensive awareness. I only saw a little of the game yesterday and he did seem to struggle with this side of the game. He clearly has some learning to do yet and hopefully a season at the club gives him a chance to develop this side of the game as he is very talented when going forward.

Murphys may have been at the club a while, however I want to see my team playing the best players we have. If we want out of this division this season then anyone coming in to the team has to help improve it. In my honest opinion I am not sure either murphys are up to it.