Sign in to follow this  
king canary

Mulumbu

L''Equipe claiming we''re in talks with Marseilles over Mulumbu. Would imagine he is on some hefty wages so happy to get him off the books...

[quote user="Green and Yellow fellow"]Always looks like a decent player in pre-season to be fair.[/quote]It''s the rest of the season that seems to present the problem.

Perhaps the most natural replacement we have for when Tettey misses games but I still think Neil would pick Dorrans ahead of him. Young Thompson looks decent too so I wouldn''t be bothered if he goes.Real shame he got injured summer.

[quote user="Ali K"]Not happy hear imo, for whatever reason.[/quote]

Ali G what does not happy hear mean

Waste of space another bum buy from AN

Ship him out

Talks with Marseilles are supposedly in an advanced stage, so it looks probable that Mulumbu is on his way. Despite the long drawn out saga over McCormack, plenty of other action  is developing with the existing squad, with RVW leaving yesterday, Mulumbu seemingly headed out the door and Tettey signing a new 2 year contract. After ONeill left, its good to see Alex thinning the midfield a bit, always felt like it was a mite oversized, and of course it  cuts the wage bill further to.

Marseille, Palace, Sunderland & Boro interested but he wants to return to France. Surprised he hasn''t made more of an impact here really.

[quote user="Mr Angry"]Ok daly, care to explain why Marseille want him if he''s so bad?[/quote]Probably for the same reason Vitesse have just bought RvW.[:D]

Marseille are signing some sh1t these days. Crippled with money problems, they signing Steven Fletcher last season, Bafetimbi Gomis in the last few days and now this.

Decent enough players but not for a team that is usually in the CL.

Would be interesting to see wages I''d like to see him stay unless can find replacement.

Only got him, tettey, Howson and dorrans for that out and out centre midfield position unless we''re willing to put faith in Godfrey/Thompson

Didn''t someone with an inside track say he was the highest earner at the club, high 30s per week or something?He was signed on a free, so if we can ship him out for a fee and bring in someone younger and hungrier (or give Louis a chance), I''m all for it.

Good player, but our highest earner on 40k, because there was no transfer fee.Bassong next highest on 35.

Got injured pre season and couldnt get his match fitness back. Sad to see him go but I think Thompson could step up.

daly wrote the following post at 29/07/2016 5:25 PM:

Ali K wrote:
Not happy hear imo, for whatever reason.

Ali G what does not happy hear mean

Waste of space another bum buy from AN

Ship him out

A lot of potential but never fulfilled it. Not a waste of space but certainly better off elsewhere

Mulumbu, a player who has failed with us, Jarvis will be the next out the door in January, he''s been poor and injury prone, West Ham must have laughed when we bought him!

Must admit we won''t miss him as he''s never really been involved in our first team!

So if he goes that''s got to be 60k a week off our books with him and RVW gone!

To be honest Mulumbu has never contributed anything since he''s been here. Absolutely nothing.If you ask me he''s been swinging it - happy to collect a fat pay cheque every month for zero effort. Pulis knew that but we were too blind to see it.We are such a soft touch when it comes to giving a lifeline to other clubs useless rejects.He will not be missed.

Had hoped that Mulumbu would be a key player for us, but to see him laughing and joking on the pitch after that last home game last season, was difficult to take.  All the other players were sombre and showed their disappointment as they respectfully walked round the pitch applauding the crowd at the end of the match.  Mulumbu was somewhere else in his head, certainly not in the moment. Marseille are welcome to him.

He''s another of this odd selection of current Norwich players that on paper should be quality for us, but on grass they''ve been woeful.

We just about appear to be able to cope with his departure, but good grief those suggesting Vadis playing in that role need their heads looking at. For all his attacking potential, the man is utterly blind to the defensive part of football

I''d much rather see Ben Godfrey given a run there.

If I remember correctly Mulumbu was indicating via twitter that he''d have liked a move to Bologna during the last transfer window. It wouldn''t surprise me if Alex Neil picked up on this or the fact that he was treating his transfer to Norwich like a paid holiday, and froze him out.It looks to me like the pre-season games were just a showcase for potential buyers, not because he''s going to feature for us next season.

Thought he was awful v Coventry.

1 good pass out wide on the edge of the box but otherwise did nothing to change my opinion of every time ive seen him. Slow, immobile, atrocious touch. Looks like a League 2 player.

The difference between him and Dorrans/Howson was night and day, even Louis Thompson looked better.