Sign in to follow this  
Duncan Edwards

I can't see where the first point is coming from....

A good friend just sent me this. Thanks Peter. 

Let''s cut to the chase, Hangover was spot on. We played like we''d been on the piss for a week and only got in half an hour before kick off, probably carrying a half eaten donner kebab and someone else''s girlfriend. 

If we play like that or even pick half that team against Blackburn we''re going to get spanked. Brady is obviously on his bike, Canos has been relegated to the reserves and our marquee signing will probably end up being more of a two man tent. 

Yet again we''ve learnt nothing. Whittaker for fuck sake. What is the point? Pinto is anagram of point and at least he seems to have one but Alex Neil can''t bloody see it. Ruddy would have trouble controlling his television box let alone his penalty box and that''s before we get to Bassong. 

We lack width so what do we do? Sell our wingers. That''s Norwich all over. We''ve now let Van Wolfswinkel go for 2''6 and persevere with Jerome who hits the target about as often as Ian Dowie on Tinder. 

Time and again we''ve left it too late with strikers or just not given them a chance. Lessons aren''t being learnt. Ricky, Cody, Becchio - FFS, how did he not get a chance, Ashton and even Lafferty. Instead we pick our strikers based on their INEFFECTIVENESS. Jerome, Wilbraham, bloody Elmander. And STILL we do it. 

Neil comes out afterwards and basically says that the club are too tight to pay the going rate for McCormack, hamstrung by the lack of ambition displayed by the board. That''s why we lost Lambert, was the undoing of Adams and the only one they did throw some money at was bloody Houghton who''d struggle to manage getting up in the morning let alone a football club. 

This was an utter embarrassment, up there with Colchester, Luton in the Cup, West Brom and pretty much every away game under Houghton. 

Losing at home to some poxy foreign side was disgraceful and with little to encourage us other than a one-footed, pension-dodging Irishman, it looks like it''ll be a long season. 

The most disappointing thing was that on the day of Norwich Pride, Norwich City showed more Pride by flying a flag than they did on the field of play. 

The Premier League has never felt further away. 

Written by 

Peter Roach
Sent from my iPhone

"Some poxy foreign side" ?Bundesliga champions twice, German FA Cup winners once, played twice in European competition in the last five years and have a stadium capacity of nearly 50,000?Hardly "poxy" on any level.  More than decent opposition infact.

Yawn.

Preseason friendlies are just that, where wins mean little but can hide issues, defeats mean just as little but can show those issues that need work - so it can actually be good to get beaten; but ultimately they are worth little and any mug who makes too much out of them either way, is a fool.

This league is a lot tougher than I think I think many think.

We may have ''championship players'' but the teams in the champ have moved on.

Let''s not forget how Watford and Bournemouth stepped up when we last dropped down

We need some additions so glad we have a few in line.

We also cannot start sluggish as we did last season at the start of a game, like today. Or after half time.

We have a long season and until the window is closed then I will leave my judgement to where we will finish. I think we are short at the mo and need additions to feel strong about automatic promotion in my opinion

It will be at Blackburn, a point from a draw, it''s our normal start to a season.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2009/jul/25/newcastle-united-leyton-orient

And after THAT, they won the league by the proverbial mile...

The squad is old and tired and the Manager himself said it needed freshening up , it has not been freshened up at all . Jerome , Naismith and the defence are still as shit as they were last season and why wouldnt they be . Just cannot see promotion this season and a £12 million pound 30 year old wont make a great deal of difference either.

Sarcasm only works if people don''t realise you''re being sarcastic.

Dang worrying aint it, only 46 games to go and still on zero points. No worries though, i informed the club that the supporters dont know where the first point is coming from, i got a prompt reply saying it will be from a Championship fixture, We can now all relax, life''s wonderful again.

Duncan will be at Blackburn next week so i look forward to the preview of next weeks effort on the trip home. [:D]

Most ridiculous monologue I''ve seen.

Hannover are a premier league team in Germany.

Adams wasn''t held back by board, he wasn''t good enough.

Lambert didn''t leave due to lack of finance .... Where has his ambition taken his career? He really needs to succeed in his next job!

Last season''s transfer dealings were unfortunate - if we get one good striker as an addition, I''d be confident - McCormack scores goals in this division!

Bassong, despite being poor last season is proven in this division .... Last time we were in this division he was quality and helped two teams to promotion. He''ll be in the first team, please give him a chance - no point in slaughtering the guy before the season even starts.

Not sure why everyone is getting so panicked!